Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Interesting that during WWII when women stepped up to work in the factories, leaving their children unattended or with others, no one blinked and eye and yelled feminist conspiracy to subvert biology.
Comparing a time of world war, where a majority of the men were off fighting in the military, to two parents working and shoving the kids into the care of $8/hour daycare workers so they can buy the latest luxury SUV and vinyl-sided-castle is apples and oranges....no, make that apples and asparagus.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
No, I wasn't born in the 20s. I'm aware there are still men like this, though, and I don't care to associate with them.

Edit: Since someone may have a problem with me deciding not to associate with sexists: I can't respect a person who thinks someone shouldn't do what they want just because of the way they were born. It's wrong to assume someone should assume a role whether they want to or not in this context.
My wife would like to stay home and raise our kids if we can work it out financially. Does that make her a sexist too?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
How is civilization broken, and how greatly are you referring to it? The US? The West? Entire industrialized world?

But mainly this: Specifically how is civilization broken and what is the result of it?
Mostly western civilization. Its broken because people dont have any clue as to what their gender roles are. Men are feminine, women dont want to be women because its degrading to them. Its all types of screwed up in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:24 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
The comments were that Mrs. Romney couldnt understand or advise her husband concerning economics because she hasnt held a job. Granted it was a crappy comment, but you are twisting it to mean she was being shamed for being a SAHM. All the media supported Ann Romney and SAHMs.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:25 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The comments were that Mrs. Romney couldnt understand or advise her husband concerning economics because she hasnt held a job. Granted it was a crappy comment, but you are twisting it to mean she was being shamed for being a SAHM. All the media supported Ann Romney and SAHMs.
But she did hold a job....probably the most important job anyone can hold.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Comparing a time of world war, where a majority of the men were off fighting in the military, to two parents working and shoving the kids into the care of $8/hour daycare workers so they can buy the latest luxury SUV and vinyl-sided-castle is apples and oranges....no, make that apples and asparagus.

Not when your blaming feminism for the destruction of civilizations because now women are in the workforce because they WANT to be, while supporting the exact thing because it benefited men and the war effort when women were working because the NEEDED to. The bottom line is that the kids were left alone or in the care of others and women's "maternal instinct" was alive and well in both situations. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

You dont know the reasons couples use daycare. You are assuming it is to buy stuff.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Quit playing ignorant. Im not debating being a SAHM isnt an important job. Im not debating that SAHM have a very good knowledge of economics. The statment was concerning Mrs. Romney never worked outside the home, much less as an economist. Thats all. SAHM's were never attacked or looked down on.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Is this a daycare issue? Because I work with several women whose children stay with sisters, mothers, sister-in-laws etc. Is that acceptable because its not a "stranger" (which is going to happen regardless when they go to school anyways)or is that still not neutering maternal instincts because the mother herself is not with the child 24/7?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Sorry, i see alot of brainwashed people sharing opinions here. Fenminist movement has done a great job in destroying this civilization. I am blown away that some of you are denying maternal instincts. Absolutely mind numbing to me.
The fact that you apparently have a rudimentary grasp of social structure within the animal kingdom at large doesn't really equate to others being brainwashed.

Going to work doesn't strip someone of maternal (or paternal, for that matter) instincts.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:34 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Mostly western civilization. Its broken because people dont have any clue as to what their gender roles are. Men are feminine, women dont want to be women because its degrading to them. Its all types of screwed up in my opinion.
And what are those roles, who defines them and where do they come from? And again, how specifically is our civilization broken?

I'm a man, very comfortably so and my wife is most definitely a woman (a hot one at that ) but why should we let that define who does what in the relationship, when it works far better the way we do things now?

If/When we have kids, if we can afford to only have one income, and that is something we want, trust me, we'll both have part time jobs, as I don't see any reason why she should have any greater right to spend time with our children as they grow up.

Quote:
A job most people manage just fine even if both parents work full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships