Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, actually - I really only meant my first line to be directed towards her. The rest was just for everyone else in general - in response to all the posts.

Honestly - I wasn't trying to attack anyone and I'm not all worked up about it. I wasn't going to respond to you again because you are obviously looking for a fight and I'm not - but I just wanted to clarify that only the first line was in response to the post I quoted. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. That poster repeatedly talks about not wanting to get married or have children so I don't really understand why she would care what other people do one way or another. But c'est la vie.
I'm not looking for a fight. I'm just sick of the idea that others' opinions "don't mean squat" simply because dewdrop said so.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Dewdrop is a pretty calm, friendly, sweet sort of person. I have a hard time believing she had any intentionally rude or derogatory posts. That's my especiality...LOL!

Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Saying "I don't see the need for this" is asking for someone who is doing "this" to take offense. Unaware if Dewdrop is a SAHM (Maybe she's speaking on behalf of others), but that's the way of it.

At any rate, there is just as much need for a SAHM as there is for a working mom, because different families require different setups. Further, you can never know whether being a SAHM/working mom will be the best or the worst decision of your parenting life. People don't want to admit it, but we're all generally clueless when it comes to which of the two choices will be better for our families in the long run. Best to do what seems to be best for now and keep your eyes and mind open. Such is the method of a good parent.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Saying "I don't see the need for this" is asking for someone who is doing "this" to take offense.
That's an interesting stance. All I can say is I have no idea how people get through conversations with someone who gets offended by a simple difference of opinion. Sounds tiring.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM

143 posts, read 192,789 times
I don't understand the thinking that women who stay home have no goals or plans or aren't contributing anything. Maybe some women aspire to and ENJOY raising kids, cooking meals, and keeping a beautiful home. To me all of that stuff is mind-numbing (I am a SAHM) but other women might genuinely love it. It is a career and a calling in itself.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly! We bought our house based on one income, too. My income is so hit and miss when I'm working that we didn't want the added pressure of having to rely on it. Plus - we knew we were having children soon so it just made sense.
As noted, that's all that matters; what works for your family. As with everything in life, it's just one of those things that require planning and forethought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I wish I was a SAHM.
I bet a lot of us share that wish.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I bet a lot of us share that wish.
Honestly. I love cooking and keeping the place up and running the errands...I guess I hate the bill paying and keeping up with the finances and investments, but I know I can do it well. I am a supreme multitasker. I love to fix things. I love projects. I LOVE going to the grocery store. I love being with my son. I love having the power to organize my own day...and I can still be extremely productive.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
When I was in school I actually envied the kids who had working Moms because they seemed to have the latest gadgets and nicest clothes,while we struggled and wore hand me downs.
Now that I think back,I think my mom should have went to work.

I myself am a working Mom and me and my sis who is a Sahm can't relate.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
There is this one SAHM I prefer. I see her on Tuesdays when hubby is playing golf.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
That's an interesting stance. All I can say is I have no idea how people get through conversations with someone who gets offended by a simple difference of opinion. Sounds tiring.
Sometimes differences of opinion can exist separately of critiques on other people's judgment and personal criticism. Sometimes not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships