Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
And almost all of us prefer a different kind of man. Relax.
Goes both ways. So, let's carry on...see ya in the forum.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
A maid does those things and still she doesn’t cook 3 well prepared meals a day. And as for being a chauffeur? Come on, leave that to a family that has teens that need to be taken to the game, then to the mall, then to a friend’s house, etc. But still, it’s nothing out of the extraordinary to have teens drive their own cars anyways. How about when there are no children in the picture? Do you still think it is the most difficult job out there and should be more valued than the husband’s job as courts usually do when there is a divorce?

Nope, just how I think of lazy women who stay home when there are no children around. Have a woman post this and you would be agreeing. That speaks volume on how you view men (who disagree with you).
Actually, maids are a cleaning service. They dont cook, they dont watch the kids, and often they wont do laundry. You dont think kids need to be driven anywhere until they are teens? Obviously you dont know much about having kids. Get real.

Im not sure anyone said being a SAHM or wife is the most difficult job. I think many women are just defending the crap being spewed that SAH's dont do anything, that it only takes a couple hours a week to keep a house clean, laundry done, bills paid, errands runs and fix a sandwich or two. It can be a very important job or not depending on you families needs. I say this as someone who has never been a stay at home, but I can still see the vaule in it. If I had someone to provide this for me my life would be much easier.

And, Lord you should know this as a grown man, courts do not weigh whose job is more valued. There are set laws and guidelines regarding marriage, divorce, assests and liabilities How you divide the responsibilities within a marriage is your own choice and the courts dont give a rats behind what you decide.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Actually, maids are a cleaning service. They dont cook, they dont watch the kids, and often they wont do laundry. You dont think kids need to be driven anywhere until they are teens? Obviously you dont know much about having kids. Get real.
Get real and tell me to how many places a day you have to drive a toddler. If there is a meal that may take a bit longer is the dinner, not all the meals of the days, besides, the husband is out for half of the day really. And not all house chores are done in a daily basis as another female poster or two agreed in this thread. I am not surprised no woman argued with her.

Quote:
Im not sure anyone said being a SAHM or wife is the most difficult job. I think many women are just defending the crap being spewed that SAH's dont do anything, that it only takes a couple hours a week to keep a house clean, laundry done, bills paid, errands runs and fix a sandwich or two
Sure, SAH do things here and there, but nobody defends what the husband’s do to keep a roof over the wife’s head, food on the table, clothing, basic luxuries, bills paid, education for the children, etc. As for the chores you mentioned.

Bills paid…in the USA most bills can be paid automatically each month without anybody breaking a sweat. Still, if you had to write a check, all it takes is less than 30 seconds to write that check, write a note on your check book, and drop it off at your mail box outside. Laundry…you don’t do laundry every single day of the week. Besides, you can throw the laundry in the washing machine while you take care of another house chore. It’s called time management. Or you can drop it in the washing machine while you go watch Ellen or some other women show in the morning. All this is done in the comfort of your own house at your very own pace without having a boss checking you over your shoulder, time lines, threat of losing your job if you don’t perform well enough, etc.

Quote:
Lord you should know this as a grown man, courts do not weigh whose job is more valued. There are set laws and guidelines regarding marriage, divorce, assests and liabilities How you divide the responsibilities within a marriage is your own choice and the courts dont give a rats behind what you decide.
If the courts award a woman with half of what a man made, the house, etc. then someone is seeing a SAH more valuable. Come on, imagine you start a business and your partner doesn’t invest zilch but that partner cleans your office, makes sure there is coffee, dust offs the desks here and there, etc. Business goes bad and that partner’s job is valued so much that the partner is awarded half of the money that was generated with your business. How’s that? For argument's sake you might say it is totally fine, right?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Get real and tell me to how many places a day you have to drive a toddler. If there is a meal that may take a bit longer is the dinner, not all the meals of the days, besides, the husband is out for half of the day really. And not all house chores are done in a daily basis as another female poster or two agreed in this thread. I am not surprised no woman argued with her.

Sure, SAH do things here and there, but nobody defends what the husband’s do to keep a roof over the wife’s head, food on the table, clothing, basic luxuries, bills paid, education for the children, etc. As for the chores you mentioned.

Bills paid…in the USA most bills can be paid automatically each month without anybody breaking a sweat. Still, if you had to write a check, all it takes is less than 30 seconds to write that check, write a note on your check book, and drop it off at your mail box outside. Laundry…you don’t do laundry every single day of the week. Besides, you can throw the laundry in the washing machine while you take care of another house chore. It’s called time management. Or you can drop it in the washing machine while you go watch Ellen or some other women show in the morning. All this is done in the comfort of your own house at your very own pace without having a boss checking you over your shoulder, time lines, threat of losing your job if you don’t perform well enough, etc.

If the courts award a woman with half of what a man made, the house, etc. then someone is seeing a SAH more valuable. Come on, imagine you start a business and your partner doesn’t invest zilch but that partner cleans your office, makes sure there is coffee, dust offs the desks here and there, etc. Business goes bad and that partner’s job is valued so much that the partner is awarded half of the money that was generated with the business. How’s that?
Honestly - your post made me laugh out loud! You have absolutely no idea what it's like to have a baby and run a household! If you ever have children - do me a favor and read this post over with your wife. I'm sure you'll both get a good chuckle out of it.

And just so you know - my husband, who is a wonderful, wonderful man - appreciates what I do. He comes home and tells me what a wonderful job I'm doing. He knows how hard it is. He's an amazing human being.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:50 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:

If the courts award a woman with half of what a man made, the house, etc. then someone is seeing a SAH more valuable. Come on, imagine you start a business and your partner doesn’t invest zilch but that partner cleans your office, makes sure there is coffee, dust offs the desks here and there, etc. Business goes bad and that partner’s job is valued so much that the partner is awarded half of the money that was generated with the business. How’s that?

Here's the thing, some of you young guys just don't "get it". And that's really okay.

But you seem to be expending a lot of energy and demonstrating a lot of aggravation about something that you don't even have any personal experience with (having a stay at home wife).

Marriage is between two people, and only the two people involved can and should decide what works for them in their marriage.

When you get to the point that you might actually marry someone, you can talk til the cows come home about how the two of you will handle your marriage (who will work, who will cut the grass, who will grocery shop, ect).

Until then, none of what you are ranting about really matters to anyone here because the reality is, SOME couples will decide their marriages will be more successful if one of two of them stays home.

You don't have to like that, or think that you would ever choose that path, but it WORKS for many people.

When you marry, you get the choice of how to make that marriage successful, so just leave the folks alone who are doing what they feel makes their marriage most successful okay?

Life it too short, don't spend it being so concerned about what other people are doing

Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Honestly - your post made me laugh out loud! You have absolutely no idea what it's like to have a baby and run a household! If you ever have children - do me a favor and read this post over with your wife. I'm sure you'll both get a good chuckle out of it
I laugh how you American women make it seem like a heart attack when women in other parts of the world can do this just fine without making it a big deal like you. I saw it in my family too. Don’t remember my house ever being dirty and at a very early age house chores would be delegated differently among me and my siblings. It seems parents are afraid to do this with their children in the USA or the might get sued or I just don’t know but anyways, it worked just fine in my family. And yet, my parents still had time to enjoy their hobbies not only on the weekends. I also see this in Japan just fine.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Here's the thing, some of you young guys just don't "get it". And that's really okay.
As if women had men all figured out.

Quote:
Marriage is between two people, and only the two people involved can and should decide what works for them in their marriage
That’s right. Each couple will do as they like.

Quote:
When you get to the point that you might actually marry someone, you can talk til the cows come home about how the two of you will handle your marriage (who will work, who will cut the grass, who will grocery shop, etc).
When you got married you at least had an idea of what to expect. It’s not like you walked blindly to it. I am not arguing that staying at home is bad. I am just saying that staying at home without children shouldn’t be a heart attack, even with children.

Quote:
You don't have to like that, or think that you would ever choose that path, but it WORKS for many people
It does. I repeat, I am not saying staying at home is wrong. I just don’t think it is such a big deal really. I’ve seen mothers do that job just fine and the ones without children even easier.

Quote:
When you marry, you get the choice of how to make that marriage successful, so just leave the folks alone who are doing what they feel makes their marriage most successful okay?
Then no point on starting threads like this, huh? Hey, people will agree/disagree in a forum.

Quote:
Life it too short, don't spend it being so concerned about what other people are doing
Like wise. I can disagree with someone as much as someone can disagree with me. It is a forum after all.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
I can disagree with someone as much as someone can disagree with me. It is a forum after all.
Disagreement is fine, but some of your comments are now bordering on insulting and are serving no real purpose.

Hopefully the mods are watching.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
some of you young guys just don't "get it"
And some of you, older ladies (Dew very much included), either have too much time on your hands or enjoy talking to walls for some incomprehensible to me reason! One would think you should know better than that, but you don't, evidently! There is only one good way to make BS go away - don't effing feed it!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Disagreement is fine, but some of your comments are now bordering on insulting and are serving no real purpose.

Hopefully the mods are watching.
I've been called gay by Dewdrop and other things by others, you don't see them deleting those comments. Don't confuse disagreeing with insulting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships