Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 11:35 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Bitter much?

Whoa.
Yep, women are to blame for societal decline.
I love the smell of misogyny in the morning.

It's not about being 'bitter.' You can't recognize difference between bitter and frustration that's your problem not mine.

Congrats on being the first woman on my ignore list though . Hopefully you'll understand the concept of that one. BYE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 11:41 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm still waiting to hear what the advantages are of waiting until marriage to have sex.
The only thing I can think of is you get stuck with someone who is a crappy lover, with the up side being "you wouldn't know what having a good lover is like"

Old 03-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
And how do you know what you like in bed before you've tried it out a few times? It honestly takes practice and not all partners are going to match

Sexuality is important to most people. It's like a critically placed Jenga block. There are other factors that can send the relationship tumbling down and maybe you can take sex out of the equation without things falling apart, but you're putting your relationship in really precarious circumstances.

I wasn't even waiting for marriage to have sex; sure I might've thought that way in the beginning naively (and before I realized it's taken as a joke), then I altered my view point but it didn't seem to make a difference, anyways I could probably go into more explanation of things but I'm not going to. The reason being for two things: 1. what difference does it make? People have stated they don't see the 'point' or the 'value' in this type of mentality so explaining any further would be a waste of time, IMO. You're entitled to do whatever you want regarding sex as am I. And 2. I'm not going to find out what I like in bed b/c I don't date therefore will probably remain a virgin; it's not "bitterness" either just the simple truth of the matter.

You don't have to wait to hear the "advantages" again, if you're not interested in this, certainly no one is forcing you to partake in it....I don't really get why people who are not even interested in these types of partnerships care what someone else is doing regarding it.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
If a guy won’t have sex until marriage and it isn’t for religious reasons, any girl is going to think it’s because he has a small penis and he doesn’t want her to find out until she says her vows and is then stuck with it.

My suggestion is if you meet a girl you like enough to marry, give her the best pipe-laying she’s ever had and make her confident that she won’t spend the rest of her life unfulfilled if she spends it with you.
This...this...and more THIS!!^^ Don't try to lie about it little *peepers*.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Well..honestly I dont think people are just 'automatically' good at sex. Or else we would ALL be good at it. This is why we all probably have had partners that we enjoyed being with..and others that were just..okay. And some that just downright sucked for some people. If it were that easy we would all be great. The reasons for that could be lots of things..too much to get into here. However, that is JMO.

Unfortunately, just being with someone for years doesnt mean that you will develop a great sex life. Just ask the tons of people who have been together for years who think their sex life stinks. Ask the couples in counseling where their sex life is at least ONE of their 'issues'. Actually..its depressing because i hear married people always talking about how the sex frequency and quality just goes down AFTER marriage. That seems weird to me, as I cant imagine not wanting to be with my partner, and keep exploring with my partner. Again..there could be a number of reasons for this.

Sometimes I wonder if this is because some people just get married to be married. Just marry their current boy/girlfriend cause..well what else is there. ..and therefore just arent 'into' the relationship as much and keeping it alive. Sex becomes a chore. Sad.
Two points:

1. I don't think people are automatically good at it. But I don't think sex is something you are good at or bad at. Some people like it certain way and others like it other ways. So to one lover you might be really good and to another not so much. The point is that if your partner talks about what he/she likes or how they like it, it should not be that hard to satisfy their desires. As long as their is communication and the partner is comfortable taking direction and then following through it is not that difficult. So I do think that if you are with someone long enough you get to know what they like and you adapt to that.

2. Most married couples that I know that have unsatisfying sex lives is due to other problems. I've never met two people that were madly in love, were both very affectionate towards each other, but were incompatible in bed. The only way I could see this happening is if one of them had a unique kink that the other was not comfortable satisfying. I contend that if you love someone, and don't let the day-to-day minutia deteriorate your feelings for each other, then your sex life will be fine.

Most married couples that I've talked to that have an unsatisfying sex life it is generally centered around it not happening enough.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
There is no such thing as being good at sex. It is a mechanical, scientific, animalistic act. Two bodies in sync together to achieve orgasm. The whole thing is mental and based on the attraction the other.
This, this, this!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear what the advantages are of waiting until marriage to have sex.
Well one advantage is that you are making a personal statement to not be taken advantage of by another person. No one can tell you that they love you in hopes of getting you into the sack for their own personal gain.

Another is that you are in a better position to limit the chances of things like unwanted pregnancies and STD's.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You should know by now Doll Eye's posts have a one-dimensional nature to them. As do a lot of people on here, both male and female.

I agree...and men would be just as unwilling to date someone who was saving themselves, with exceptions, obviously.

FYI: I wasn't blaming men and women for having sex. I was blaming people who sit around and preach "be yourself!" and "just be who are you!" when in reality it doesn't play out that way. People aren't as keen on accepting others who are very different from themselves they just like to say they do.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I wasn't even waiting for marriage to have sex; sure I might've thought that way in the beginning naively (and before I realized it's taken as a joke), then I altered my view point but it didn't seem to make a difference, anyways I could probably go into more explanation of things but I'm not going to. The reason being for two things: 1. what difference does it make? People have stated they don't see the 'point' or the 'value' in this type of mentality so explaining any further would be a waste of time, IMO. You're entitled to do whatever you want regarding sex as am I. And 2. I'm not going to find out what I like in bed b/c I don't date therefore will probably remain a virgin; it's not "bitterness" either just the simple truth of the matter.

You don't have to wait to hear the "advantages" again, if you're not interested in this, certainly no one is forcing you to partake in it....I don't really get why people who are not even interested in these types of partnerships care what someone else is doing regarding it.

I wasn't talking about you, I meant the mentality of waiting. You seemed to disagree with all the people saying they would never marry or date a virgin, so why? I'm here to have a discussion or debate, as I imagine most of us are here for. We've heard why waiting is a bad idea so what's the other side of the coin?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Well one advantage is that you are making a personal statement to not be taken advantage of by another person. No one can tell you that they love you in hopes of getting you into the sack for their own personal gain.

Another is that you are in a better position to limit the chances of things like unwanted pregnancies and STD's.
Both true, but I would think someone who thought everyone was just out to get them probably would have a hard time developing a serious relationship that leads to marriage. I think most would agree that if a couple is happy together and growing closer over, say, a few months, it's probably not a huge scam to take advantage of one another.

And STDs and unwanted pregnancies are always a risk, but intelligent and mature approaches to sex can virtually eliminate that risk. Of course, marrying a person doesn't guarantee they're STD free. I knew a man who found out his ex-wife gave him hepatitis B and he didn't find out until he was remarried and trying to have a baby with his new wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships