U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM

24,641 posts, read 14,337,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I never said they were better. I was just simply stating that people get in relationships and often have sex right away before they really get to know the person. Then the good feelings they get from the sex can cloud their judgment towards whether the person is compatible or not. I never said that's the ONLY reason divorce rates have gone up. But you have no more evidence that it has had no factor.
You said:
Quote:
I don't think it's much of a coincidence that as our attitudes regarding casual sex have become more liberal, our divorce rates have gone up. People stay in relationships because sex feels good. People mistake the good feeling of having sex with love.
But nice backtracking.
Sex sure didn't feel good to women who were stuck staying in bad marriages before they had rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 02:37 PM

1,078 posts, read 877,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe it's a man/woman thing, because I think for some guys, especially young ones, if there's another person involved and he got off = good sex. For women it may be more complicated than that.
I definitely think there is something to this. I believe my first post on this thread even indicated exactly that. But I know that the first time my wife and I were together I was awful. I hadn't had sex in over 2 years and she probably didn't have time to break a sweat let alone have an orgasm. My wife is also more into certain things that others I had been with were not. So I had to adjust to that. But it was pretty doable and now we have a great sex life.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 PM

1,078 posts, read 877,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You said:

But nice backtracking.
Sex sure didn't feel good to women who were stuck staying in bad marriages before they had rights.
No backtracking. I believe this is true. I agree that there are other reasons for divorce rates going up as well.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM

8,247 posts, read 4,569,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
No backtracking. I believe this is true. I agree that there are other reasons for divorce rates going up as well.
What makes you think divorce rates are going up? In fact they have been declining for the past decade.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,013,491 times
That was the way God intended it. Go and find your Bella. Good luck to you!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 844 times
I am 27 and still a virgin. I am proud of it. I am waiting for that special virgin girl.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:06 PM

5,030 posts, read 2,756,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceCharming1 View Post
I am 27 and still a virgin. I am proud of it. I am waiting for that special virgin girl.
It would be nice for you if you married a virgin girl I am sure. But don’t let that blind you from meeting a great girl who happens to NOT be a virgin. Meeting a girl that is a virgin doesn’t mean she’s perfect in all other areas of her life. Give yourself the opportunity to meet and make friends here and there. You might be surprised the day you fall in love with a girl who is not a virgin but has all other qualities that you like.

If you plan on marrying a virgin girl, well, good luck. It will be hard finding a girl who is still a virgin after 16 BY DECISION.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM

5,926 posts, read 2,227,908 times
Quote:
Better to just look for a girl who believes sex should be saved for serious, committed relationships. Not only do you have a better chance of finding this, but ask yourself: What matters more, her past attitude on sex or her current one?

ETA: I'm proud of you too! I made it to 22 or 23, somewhere around there (without having sexual intercourse, that is).

Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 AM

2 posts, read 844 times
Thanks for the comments. Of course, I have a couple of non virgin friends [girls] and they are incredible. But when it comes to that "intimate" part, I prefer a virgin. Hope you understand.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 AM

5,926 posts, read 2,227,908 times
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. Of course, I have a couple of non virgin friends [girls] and they are incredible. But when it comes to that "intimate" part, I prefer a virgin. Hope you understand.
I can understand that's what you want, and certainly acknowledge you have that right. But from one guy who "waited" (though not as long as you) to another, I can't understand the logic of requiring her to be a virgin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships