Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,694,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I can understand that's what you want, and certainly acknowledge you have that right. But from one guy who "waited" (though not as long as you) to another, I can't understand the logic of requiring her to be a virgin.

you probably feel that way now of course since you've had sex....I don't see why he has to change what he wants, I don't see anyone else doing that when it comes to other issues. I think he will probably have to find someone younger, b/c then the chances are better or go for the really devout types. But I don't know why it keeps being reiterated to 'just accept these girls too despite the fact it's not what you want'. That's what it's seems like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,353,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you probably feel that way now of course since you've had sex....I don't see why he has to change what he wants, I don't see anyone else doing that when it comes to other issues. I think he will probably have to find someone younger, b/c then the chances are better or go for the really devout types. But I don't know why it keeps being reiterated to 'just accept these girls too despite the fact it's not what you want'. That's what it's seems like.
I am in no way pushing him to "change what he wants", only giving my opinion that it makes more sense to value a person's CURRENT outlook on sex over their past. He may very well find his virgin girl, but what if she's only a virgin because she's never had a boyfriend? What if, for one reason or another, she wants to rush into having sex?

I just don't understand it. He can do what he wants, but I don't understand it.

But he can do what he wants!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,179,866 times
Quote:
My my my.
If people want to have a very, very small pool to choose from, certainly choose virgins only. No one is saying not to.
But, if you're not finding what you want in the very, very small sampling available to you, you can either increase your sample pool or suffer the consequences.

Keep in mind that just because someone is a virgin, that doesn't mean that they'll meet anything else you want/like in your life.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I am in no way pushing him to "change what he wants", only giving my opinion that it makes more sense to value a person's CURRENT outlook on sex over their past. He may very well find his virgin girl, but what if she's only a virgin because she's never had a boyfriend? What if, for one reason or another, she wants to rush into having sex?

I just don't understand it. He can do what he wants, but I don't understand it.

But he can do what he wants!

well they don't value your current status over the past, they look at all of it and then judge you on it. that's how people are. I don't know what wrong with the second part.....

But alright, I agree he should do what he want.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 AM

Doll Eyes, if you don't want to read my posts, put me on ignore.
Don't comment off-line; it makes me laugh and know that you read my comments since you insist on commenting outside of the thread.
How silly.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,353,542 times
Quote:
well they don't value your current status over the past, they look at all of it and then judge you on it. that's how people are.
Not me. My ex-wife of one single year was a virgin just like me when we got together, but (I found out later) she didn't share my views on sexual promiscuity. The result was a divorce, due to this and other ways we were incompatible. My current gf of 4 years was more sexually promiscuous than I before we met, but she sees everything on the subject the way I do now, making us far more compatible. The past simply shouldn't matter, in and of itself.

Quote:
I don't know what wrong with the second part......
What's "wrong" with her being a virgin solely because she never had a boyfriend is that it means she doesn't share PrinceCharming's view on sex after all. She just HAPPENS to be a virgin, but not by choice.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM

464 posts, read 477,503 times
OP: What do you mean by sex? Intercourse, Anal, BJs?

If he put a ring on it and we get married within 3 months, then yes.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Not me. My ex-wife of one single year was a virgin just like me when we got together, but (I found out later) she didn't share my views on sexual promiscuity. The result was a divorce, due to this and other ways we were incompatible. My current gf of 4 years was more sexually promiscuous than I before we met, but she sees everything on the subject the way I do now, making us far more compatible. The past simply shouldn't matter, in and of itself.

What's "wrong" with her being a virgin solely because she never had a boyfriend is that it means she doesn't share PrinceCharming's view on sex after all. She just HAPPENS to be a virgin, but not by choice.

What do you mean she didn't share your views on 'sexual promiscuity?' if you're already married, why was that relevant? (unless she cheated?)....the past does matter to some extent, IMO, sometimes people do things and you wonder if they are 'still that same person' and then it makes it relevant -- but that's another thread I think....I see what you're saying about P.C. but I still think he can find someone who shares his views and be a virgin at the same time, I have met women like this. Even a few guys (but they were very religious and controlling). I was just saying I don't think he should have to alter his views on this if it's not what he wants, I'm sure he's aware he limits the dating pool by doing so. But again, other people have stipulations of this and that aren't being told to just change them outright. I dunno.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM

864 posts, read 1,446,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm still waiting to hear what the advantages are of waiting until marriage to have sex.

Want the secret to a happy marriage? Don't have sex before the wedding | Mail Online

Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM

A British tabloid for sex advice?
You know this is the equivalent to the National Enquirer.

Who did the LDS interview? Members of their cult?
The article is big on speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships