Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Thanks to everyone, I have decided not to pursue this thing any further, but thanks for the suggestions.
GP, I hope you came to that decision ON YOUR OWN and not based on the stuff people wrote here, which might have discouraged you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 AM

395 posts, read 707,166 times
Quote:
I had recently come out of a breakup, I was bitter in fact very bitter to begin with but slowly understood that what had happened was for my own best perhaps and learnt to forgive both the other person involved in the relationship as well as myself which I did. So I finally decided to move on and find out what else life had to offer.

Anyway I met this woman online the other day and we instantly had a spark, we kept chatting for a while and finally decided to meet 2 days ago. I met her at a restaurant she liked, ordered some food and spoke about each other for a couple of hours. I was doing the talking for quite a bit as I am usually someone that talks quite a bit, but then I also let her talk and listened for a while about what she had to say. She was very soft spoken and I find that a very feminine and appealing quality, we spoke at length about what we had done with our career, lives, ambitions, expectations and of course just the current happenings and life/society in general.

Anyway we spent like 3 hours together and I am very interested in her. I don't know if she's but the fact that she could have made an excuse and left earlier but still stayed for 3 hours made me feel that she might be interested in me too. I would like to find out how I should proceed from here, I am not asking this not because I don't know what to do but based on my previous negative experience, I thought it was best to get a second opinion and get as many opinions as possible, esp. from the women of CD.
Give each of you space. Don't crowd her. Go on a few more dates and get to know each other more, rather than just projections that each of you may have about the date/relationship. Projections are fun, exciting, but 90% of the time lead to problems down the road. Get to know the person slowly over a few dates.

Sounds like you may need some personal growth on your own side. no dis intended, just my slight observation (i'm ready to be flamed if you feel i've crossed the line).

Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
You don't win if you don't try. If you had a good time, then send her a note and ask her to meet up again. Worst thing that happens? She says no and you don't have to wonder what might have been. Otherwise she says yes.

greenpapayas: I notice a lot of relationship insecurity with you through your posts. You won't find a girlfriend until you address some of them. It seems like you have already taken yourself out of the game because you assume there is not hope for a relationship with anyone.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
If you do not have the guts to ask for a second date, you should not be dating at all. Because of your insecurity, there is a girl out there wondering what she did wrong because you never called again.

Your immaturity has consequences. You should not be out there in the dating pool, ruining it for the grownups who are trying to do it right.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Some girls like the waiting the game some don't. The older ones don't.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Thanks to everyone, I have decided not to pursue this thing any further, but thanks for the suggestions.
why? what happened that u dont want to pursue it any further?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 PM

474 posts, read 495,421 times
Alright everyone, this is weird now. I did text her based on the feedback given here and she did agree to meet me again, however this time she wants me to meet her when she's hanging out with a bunch of her friends, why would this be? Do you think she's just thinking about me as a friend and nothing beyond that?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,318 times
Quote:
Alright everyone, this is weird now. I did text her based on the feedback given here and she did agree to meet me again, however this time she wants me to meet her when she's hanging out with a bunch of her friends, why would this be? Do you think she's just thinking about me as a friend and nothing beyond that?
First of all, good for you for pursuing it further, and see? it paid off.

Secondly, don't think so negatively of yourself. She has definitely shown some interests here. Maybe she wants a second opinion from her friends or wants to parade you in front of her friends. Confidence is the key. Don't act like you are constantly expecting the worst from every single of her actions.

Good luck.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 PM

977 posts, read 1,814,748 times
Quote:
Maybe you're a hot piece and she wants to show you off? It's quite early to be meeting a bunch of her friends. My last G/F, this is what happened so I wouldn't discount that she might still like you.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Relax! She wants her friends to meet you. Plus it takes some of the pressure off of the two of you. Find out who her best friend is and make sure you find something you have in common with her or just be extra gentlemanly and polite. Chat them all up casually and ask them questions about where they work or go to school or whatever. Be interested in them. Get them to talk about themselves and be a good listener. They'll love you for it. And smile when you talk to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships