Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more attractive to women?
Looks 29 43.28%
Money 38 56.72%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
The classic question. Which man will most women find more attractive, other things being equal?

A. A man who is good-looking, goes to the gym, and keeps his body in very good shape, but earns $40,000 / yr.

B. A man with subpar looks, balding, a bit of a beer belly, but earns a six-figure salary.
whichever guy doesn't ask the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 10:23 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
This is sort of a sad "reality" for guys. If a women would prefer money over someone that they are attracted to/ in love with. Then that says alot about the "morality" of some women. You would really rather be with a guy that you wouldn't want to touch, play with/ look at than with someone who get's your heart rolling. That's pretty sad. Money isn't everything.

I thought many women on c-d had a little more tact then that..But the money side is winning pretty handedly. So that tells me alot..Kind of sad if you ask me. It seems to speak volumes of many things. For one, it makes me wonder what sort of fears "women" are having in this current economy. Which doesn't really make sense, because last time I knew-there were more women in college than men. So if it is strictly for financial security, then their union isn't one of love/desire/want. It's strictly out of "economic security". Which goes against everything that marriage is supposed to be. How have we "morally" fallen so hard as a race? This is very sad. Because I think people are being honest. They are basically saying, I can live without being in love and what not as long as I can get my hair/ finger nails/ whatever done when I want to, as well as having a huge home to come home too and no financial worries..I would like to think that women have a more holistic view of life in all its spiritual form..I am also wondering how many men have answered money for them? Hmm, very eye opening if nothing else. I guess I am a bit naive/ dellusional. I thought, when it comes down to it, we find partners who we are attracted to and have something in common with. Not just someone to take care of us..
There were only 2 choices: Looks and Money. Other more important things (love, intellect, personality, compatibility, etc.) were not choices. So I assumed that all other things were equal.

If my choice is good looks vs. good money with all the other things being equal, I would choose "money" because I believe it often (though not always) indicates male traits that I like (hardwork, drive, ambition, character, leadership, intelligence, education, etc.), whereas "looks" often reflect DNA that you have little control over (e.g. male height, pattern baldness, etc). To me, choosing "looks" is the more superficial choice of the two.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
There were only 2 choices: Looks and Money. Other more important things (love, intellect, personality, compatibility, etc.) were not choices. So I assumed that all other things were equal.

If my choice is good looks vs. good money with all the other things being equal, I would choose money because I believe it often (though not always) indicates male traits that I like (hardwork, drive, ambition, character, leadership, intelligence, education, etc.) whereas looks often reflect DNA that you have little control over (e.g. male height). To me, choosing "looks" is the more superficial choice of the two.
Are you going to turn down inherited money...?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
GoCubs1,
Yes, and there is nothing wrong for woman to admit that. It’s like having men say that all they care is about a woman’s heart but not her looks at all.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM

880 posts, read 1,799,390 times
Look at all the gold diggers who voted - money.

I swear some women will do anything for money, they would sacrifice a new born child if the price was right, pure evil.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Look at all the gold diggers who voted - money
Hey man, not sure if we can say this is necessarily bad. It's like women getting upset because men go after a girl they find attractive. This is even seen in the animal kingdom where the female species will go after the male who shows to have more dominium, food, bigger nest, etc.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:51 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Are you going to turn down inherited money...?
I prefer to partner with a good hardworking, self-made (or in-the-making) man vs. going for some selfish, boring heir who has never had to work for anything. Though I'm sure there are many nice heirs out there too! But I really enjoy the journey.

I will always contribute my own skills, hardwork, and money to the partnership as I love being part of something big (regardless of money). I have always been very attracted to men who "are starting something" and have big dreams (e.g. guys in school starting organizations, men starting businesses, etc.). I guess it is the drive, ambition, and leadership skills I like.

Money is often a side effect of these personality traits (though failure can be too). I have a very high tolerance for risk, excitement, and living on the edge financially (which actually indicates that money is not really that important to me as I am ok with losing it). Some women prefer more stability.

I actually sold my SO on the idea of leaving our stable, well-paying big corp. jobs (where we met), so we could start a business together. Many people thought we were crazy. And people (like some on this thread) think we do it only "for the money" which is completely short-sighted and inaccurate. Money can be a side effect of following your dreams.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-19-2012 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,656 times
Quote:

I swear some women will do anything for money, they would sacrifice a new born child if the price was right, pure evil.
Its really the truth though, i always Appreciate honest.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:

Just like any other poll, I'd bet that if an admin looks at the voters, more than half of them will be men. Only that in this case it'd be OK as the poll doesn't specifically address women.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just like any other poll, I'd bet that if an admin looks at the voters, more than half of them will be men. Only that in this case it'd be OK as the poll doesn't specifically address women.
Yeah. Because of the lack of specificity, I voted. I said "looks."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships