Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:59 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
While I would never write something like that on a profile, if a man were to message me using ridiculously improper grammar or substituting letters for words (u instead of you, r instead of our or are etc.) then his message goes in the junk folder.

Perhaps it's just a quirk I have, but its really really irritating to me and screams 'I'm unintelligent and lazy!!!'. Mistakes are fine, we all make mistakes, but deliberate laziness when it comes to having a conversation isn't okay.
^^Exactly!

I read what you write: if you write u, I pronounce it oo in my head. That sure doesn't make me feel all warm and cuddly inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
"Hey man, can you snap a picture of my abs real quick?"

This is not how most male friendships work. But the camera timer was invented for these situations.
LOL! No! Just have the friend take a normal picture! I am really turned off by guys who take the mirror ab shot. It's one things if it's a picture of him and his friends at the beach, but it seems really cocky to have a picture of your abs on a dating profile. Seems like that would attract shallow girls that only care about looks, but maybe that's who they want to attract?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:01 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
LOL! No! Just have the friend take a normal picture! I am really turned off by guys who take the mirror ab shot. It's one things if it's a picture of him and his friends at the beach, but it seems really cocky to have a picture of your abs on a dating profile. Seems like that would attract shallow girls that only care about looks, but maybe that's who they want to attract?
Not to mention the fact that a lot of the guys in 'ab shots' look like they'd probably cheat on you in a heartbeat.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:18 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,094 times
I once got this:

"So hey, are you interested in sleeping with a married man who really loves his wife?"

Not only was that bizarre enough, but in my profile, I had specifically said 2 very important things. One was that I was was looking for a marriage partner, and two, I did not have sex in the early stages of a relationship.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I once got this:

"So hey, are you interested in sleeping with a married man who really loves his wife?"

Not only was that bizarre enough, but in my profile, I had specifically said 2 very important things. One was that I was was looking for a marriage partner, and two, I did not have sex in the early stages of a relationship.
"Surely that doesn't apply to me" .....he thinks.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times
Quote:
Why would you join a dating site to make friends? If I wanted to make friends I'd take a class or get on that meet up website.

I don't like it when guys take mirror pictures. Deal breaker. No matter how rock like those six pack abs appear...the mirror picture is so lame. Does that guy not have one friend who could take a picture for his profile?
Women are so illogical lol. All these weird little rules. "No spelling or grammatical mistakes and only pictures of yourself in a certain context taken by at least one other person"

Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Women are so illogical lol. All these weird little rules. "No spelling or grammatical mistakes and only pictures of yourself in a certain context taken by at least one other person"
I just think taking a picture of yourself shirtless and posting it online reeks of vanity.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,101 times
Quote:
Why would you join a dating site to make friends? If I wanted to make friends I'd take a class or get on that meet up website.

I don't like it when guys take mirror pictures. Deal breaker. No matter how rock like those six pack abs appear...the mirror picture is so lame. Does that guy not have one friend who could take a picture for his profile?
I don't see anything wrong with mirror pictures. Better then someone who is fat whose pictures are outdoors. They could take the picture but it has to be good. Why would someone put a bad picture up?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I tend to agree. It looks so much more down-to-earth when a guy allows someone else to take his pic while he poses, or better yet, when there is a candid shot of a guy who looks like he's having fun.
You can be down to earth taking your own pictures in front of the mirror.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Not to mention the fact that a lot of the guys in 'ab shots' look like they'd probably cheat on you in a heartbeat.
That is just your assumption. Abs are definately better then some fat guy. There is no scientific research that shows this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships