Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Exactly.. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye. - Miss Piggy

Old 07-31-2012, 04:07 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Completely agreed. When you go for so many years with people telling you you're unattractive or ugly and unwanted it has to mean something. Just this last weekend I was able to go to a nice, relaxing getaway with a few friends. We stopped at a horseback riding trail place because me and the two other girls didn't want to sit and watch the boys fish (I didn't have my fishing license with me, otherwise I would have gone) and they ran inside to check prices. I stayed in the SUV and when they left, one of the guys said 'Do you think JetJockey will be able to ride the horses? Either she'll squish them or they'll run away before she gets a chance' and they both laughed. I kindly told them I'd been riding horses since before I was born and was certain I'd be okay. They didn't realize I'd stayed in the SUV and thought I ran inside with the girls.

Yep. Can't even go on a vacation without one of my friends making a negative comment about my weight, my height or the way I look.

Some people just aren't attractive and have to try much harder to get any sort of attention, if they can get any at all.
I still don't get what's even remotely unattractive about you. I love tall women. Many guys do too - it makes you no less feminine and no less attractive.

I'm kind of done with all that "love" nonsense anyway. Still getting out of a particularly tumultuous marriage that has left me ruined financially. The only women I seem to attract are those that end up walking all over me because I've been too nice in the past (never ever ever again).

I am hideously ugly, but I have made the decision to join a gym once I'm in a better financial situation and have a place to live. I will hit the gym 4 or 5 times a week, doing weights & cardio. While my face might look awful, at least I can try to do something with my body, not to attract women, but to at least try to feel different. It's all I can really do, aside from putting a bullet in my head and being done with it all.

I'd rather just have female friends anyway, without the pressure of seeking out romance. At least that way I'll self-friendzone, to save being rejected.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
J--these aren't your friends. Time for new friends. I bet you're counting the days until Sacramento.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
J--these aren't your friends. Time for new friends. I bet you're counting the days until Sacramento.
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTHS

ATLEAST!!!

Caps lock means I'm being super duper serious.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I've known the guys for years and years...they've never said anything bad about me which is one of the reasons I liked hanging out with them. Turns out he's probably been saying all of those things behind my back for all these years. It's lovely.

Honestly, I don't think I'll find anything different in Sacramento. My sister is moving with me, and I'll have my cousin to hang out with but I'm not really in the market for any new friends.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I still don't get what's even remotely unattractive about you. I love tall women. Many guys do too - it makes you no less feminine and no less attractive.

I'm kind of done with all that "love" nonsense anyway. Still getting out of a particularly tumultuous marriage that has left me ruined financially. The only women I seem to attract are those that end up walking all over me because I've been too nice in the past (never ever ever again).

I am hideously ugly, but I have made the decision to join a gym once I'm in a better financial situation and have a place to live. I will hit the gym 4 or 5 times a week, doing weights & cardio. While my face might look awful, at least I can try to do something with my body, not to attract women, but to at least try to feel different. It's all I can really do, aside from putting a bullet in my head and being done with it all.

I'd rather just have female friends anyway, without the pressure of seeking out romance. At least that way I'll self-friendzone, to save being rejected.
Even when I'm friendzoned I still get negative comments! You'd think that if a guy and a girl were just friends, and nothing more, he wouldn't feel the need to say horrible things about the way she looks. It shouldn't matter.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Even when I'm friendzoned I still get negative comments! You'd think that if a guy and a girl were just friends, and nothing more, he wouldn't feel the need to say horrible things about the way she looks. It shouldn't matter.
I've had women do it to me all the time, even when I specifically said that I am only looking for friendship. That why I am just not going to bother anymore. It's a total waste of time and no amount of "love yourself" or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is going to prevent my self-esteem (which is already in the negative) from taking another battering. No thanks. I don't care anymore and if that means never talking to women to protect myself, so be it. They're not the ones who have to deal with this nightmare 24/7/365. I'm even thinking of taking my CDL so I can become a trucker & can spend much of my life on the road and away from people.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
I do like the people on this thread, sight unseen. And I am cracking up every time I read "I have a vagina" under Jet Jockey's name.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I do like the people on this thread, sight unseen. And I am cracking up every time I read "I have a vagina" under Jet Jockey's name.
Sight unseen?

If you're referring to pictures, I'm at least bold enough to put a few pics up on my profile. Not many posters here are bold enough to do that.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I like the people here too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships