Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
I can't speak for all men out there. Most the guys I run around with, including myself, scare the hell out of them. That issue has never came up.
well that makes sense-- most internet tough guys are 7 feet tall

Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,329 times
And NO ladies...I would NOT file charges against my spouse for that. Ruin your record and such for a temporary lack of control??? Nah, ain't gonna happen.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well that makes sense-- most internet tough guys are 7 feet tall
Nah, I've just been in a helluva a lot of fights.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how sad, u view men being hit or allowing it to happen as cowardice??? its the old "be a man" thing.
did it ever occur to you that his restraint is in fact his being a man? or that other men dont talk about it out of respect?
why are we not discussing the lack of self control and the violence in women instead of discussing his manhood?
what has his manhood got to do with your bad behavior?
btw domestic violence is 50/50 unlike what the gloria steinem people were teaching 25 years ago in CPS (its all about him).
I'm saying if you don't have the guts to speak up about it, don't confuse your silence with other people being ok with it. It's not ok for anyone to abuse another, man or woman. I have no respect for anyone who abuses another, much less, want to know or even speak with them. I will say the same to a woman who's being abused, GTF out of there! If you think it's risking your life to leave, what is staying? Risking your life! GTF out! And don't keep silent about it then accuse others of thinking it's ok.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:39 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
All this talk of "real men"

On the victim's end: You should always resolve the matter in the most peaceful way possible, as I said before. Most of the time (though not all), you can defend yourself without hitting. People should avoid hitting whenever possible no matter who they're in a dispute with, even if both parties are the same gender. That's whether it makes you a "real man" or not.

On the attacker's end: There is no excuse for hitting/slapping during a dispute, no matter who you are. You should be both ashamed and punished, and society and the law should see to it that you are. It doesn't matter if you managed to hurt someone to a degree you would consider "enough". I get a ticket for speeding whether I cause an accident or not. Your actions are enough to be judged upon.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
A guy who called the cops in a situation where he was getting beaten by a woman, would most likely get arrested himself.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
All this talk of "real men"

On the victim's end: You should always resolve the matter in the most peaceful way possible, as I said before. Most of the time (though not all), you can defend yourself without hitting. People should avoid hitting whenever possible no matter who they're in a dispute with, even if both parties are the same gender. That's whether it makes you a "real man" or not.

On the attacker's end: There is no excuse for hitting/slapping during a dispute, no matter who you are. You should be both ashamed and punished, and society and the law should see to it that you are. It doesn't matter if you managed to hurt someone to a degree you would consider "enough". I get a ticket for speeding whether I cause an accident or not. Your actions are enough to be judged upon.
no friend its not about problem resolution, its not about most of time u can resolve w/o hitting, or manhood or womanhood, its not about shame
its about criminal behavior its about breaking the law, its about assaulting family members in the home. its about abuse.
its about domestic violence. its about a woman teaching her children the wrong way to live and them growing to be just like her.
what is sad is women on CDF believe a gal that will attack a 6 ft man with weapons would never do anything to the little kids in the home. LOL. what do u think domestic violence unit in CPS does all day? do u believe that the kid fell down or that the AP did those cuts bruises and scars? connect the dots friend. the monster in the home does not stop by assaulting daddy, she is warming up. daddy was often the protection wall for those kids against monster mommy. monster mommy is something not discussed much is it.
stop the abuse.
enough.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-20-2012 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,241 times
I had an ex hit me in the stones *twice* in HS for no reason. In general, I say don't hit a woman back, especially if you earned why she hit you, but I don't even remember why she'd hit me in the first place. Instinct made me swing back both times (nowhere critical, I caught her on the arm both times). She learned after the second one. In hindsight, that probably should have told me something, but I was young, stubborn and had hormones. That said, I wouldn't even dream of laying a finger on my wife in anger. If we get into an argument or something of the sort, I'll walk away to give us both time to cool down. Works well and we rarely argue.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times
I am terrified of the amount of people who are justifying assault of men.

If women want to call themselves equal to men, then they should expect to get hit by men if they hit first.

Violence against men is tolerated in western society.

NO ONE should be assaulted man or woman.

If we call both men and women equal, we need to protect everyone equally and that includes protection for men who are assaulted.

If you guys are ever hit by women, GET AWAY asap because the white knights and manginas will serve you on a platter.

Why do women deserve special treatment, they should be punished for assault just like men do.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 03-20-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
A guy who called the cops in a situation where he was getting beaten by a woman, would most likely get arrested himself.
Could be another reason why men rather just keep it quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships