Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,363,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I have zero sympathy for savages who are victims of other savage-like acts. If a 4'10" woman hits a 6'5" man, and the man retaliates with a devastating blow, I wouldn't blink an eye. Intent is key here. Women might do less damage, but that doesn't change the fact that they had the same intent to harm.
To harm or to control, yes. But you really don't know how well you put it when you said "Intent is key here". The person being hit may be hitting back in self-defense, but likely they're hitting back because they're angry at whoever just hit them. They want revenge, or "to teach them a lesson", something along those lines. Not the same as self-defense.

And so, yes, if you choose to hit back when you know you have other options with which to defend yourself, I consider that wrong. Not that I haven't been guilty of it, but it isn't what I should've done.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM

782 posts, read 1,083,491 times
I didn't bother to read through all the replies. I dated this one girl for 5 years, and after about 2 month into it, she hit me. I told her if she did that again, I would hit back. She never tried it again. Problem solved.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,169,949 times
bizarre---- most of the posts wana talk about what the guy does after he has been assaulted.
tough to get this crowd to talk about the assault, which is the OP.
that is what needs attention, please stop sweeping it under the carpet. it looks like not all the dirty laundry happens on the hood, but the response to calling it out is the same.
does not seem to matter black or white rich or poor, male or female, the tendency of americans to excuse their own bad behavior is rampant.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,807,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not justified, and I never said it was. What I did say is that a strong man does not have the moral high ground to hit a woman who has hit him. Nor does an adult have the right to hit a child; nor a young person to an older person. The physically stronger person should not use violence against a weaker person in retaliation.
That's the most accurate wording to it. It would just mean that stronger person is scooping down to their level.

Legally, if the weaker person were to report you for hitting back in retaliation AKA ''teaching them a lesson'' then wouldn't both be arrested (since it's not self-defense)?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,980,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
To harm or to control, yes. But you really don't know how well you put it when you said "Intent is key here". The person being hit may be hitting back in self-defense, but likely they're hitting back because they're angry at whoever just hit them. They want revenge, or "to teach them a lesson", something along those lines. Not the same as self-defense.
But why were they hit in the first place?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM

639 posts, read 825,881 times
Wow, some heated responses. I don't believe in hitting back a woman, the girl I mentioned went ballistic and I basically took it on the forearm as a shield. Thats why it bruised, I just kind of let her keep wailing lol. She was actually pretty petite, but she was really angry, I had to yell at her to calm down. Oh well, you live and you learn, I kinda thought she was crazy when we hooked up but she was hot too

Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,363,867 times
Quote:
For no good reason, either. A woman who is abusive toward a man is no less guilty than a man who abuses a woman. If that's your point.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:44 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,807,156 times
Quote:
Can range from making a terrible comment all the way to catching him in bed having sex with another woman. The first is probably an overreaction and that's when she could walk away but the latter is more understandable (esp. if they're married and with kids).

Old 03-20-2012, 11:54 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,980,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
For no good reason, either. A woman who is abusive toward a man is no less guilty than a man who abuses a woman. If that's your point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Can range from making a terrible comment all the way to catching him in bed having sex with another woman. The first is probably an overreaction and that's when she could walk away but the latter is more understandable (esp. if they're married and with kids).
Sorry, I think I worded that question wrongly. What I meant was, what exactly are these savages feeling when they decide to draw first blood? It's mostly Anger, right? Same goes for the retaliation.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 03-20-2012 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,001,653 times
Didn't read the rest of the thread, but this one is near and dear to me.

Yes. I've been the object of physical violence by women in relationships before and it irks me to no end.

My ex-wife was in the military with me, and an athletic, physically violent woman. Good riddance. I hated the violence inherent in her temper and in daily life, and I hated the way if I looked like I'd counter, she'd instantly back down OR she'd thrust out her chin and dare me to hit her. I never raised a hand, I think she was taking her cues from the look in my eyes, knowing she was pushing buttons -- but the fact remains that for all she did to me, had I hit back I'd have gone to prison, lost my job, etc.

I've been with other women who thought nothing of hitting, and at the first sign of even suggesting that the favour might be returned, they'd get defensive: "Oh, come on, don't be such a wimp! I'm a GIRL, and I'm supposed to think I'm hurting you?"

There were variations on a theme.

Today my view is:

No man should ever raise a fist to a woman. Walk away, no matter what the hell she is saying or trying to do.

If she physically attacks you, do your best to subdue her with minimal damage.

If she physically attacks you and your welfare is genuinely in peril..... lay her out. If you're big enough to make the threat, you're big enough to take the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships