Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall;23496047 [COLOR=Red
Mod cut: Orphaned.[/color] I am a woman. And..i work in Law Enforcement..in the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE unit. Hand to GOD..I do.

There are women who absolutely, without a DOUBT, play their gender card. Violence in general is a serious thing. NO ONE..NO ONE.. has the right to put their hands on ANYONE! And using the "oh its okay if I do it because i'm a woman" is a bunch of BULL! The fact that women are the weaker sex does not give us the right to put our freaking hands on ANY body..man or woman.

It amazes me that people think this should just be overlooked because women are weaker. THATS not the issue. The issue is hitting someone is WRONG, and NOT the way to settle things. How do you raise your sons to understand that resorting to putting their hands on a woman is wrong, but a woman can smack and hit them all they want?? IT IS WRONG!! Period. I have a case now where a woman called her ex..and he didnt asnwer the phone. So, she called one of her girlfriends, got in the car, and WENT LOOKING for this guy. She stalked by this guys house until she found him. got out of the car screaming and yelling at him like a wild woman, and then starting hitting him and ripped a chain off his neck. Finally, he smacked her arse up. Now, shes in my office crying that she wants to press charges. Really? Look, he is wrong,he could have walked away. but what the heck do you think is going to happen when you do that?? That situation didnt have to happen. And that woman caused it. Why are people so afraid to say that??

A woman who is truly being beaten and controlled and abused by a man is a sad sight to see. The women out here who act like this woman did above make a joke out of domestic violence.

Is this what you want your children to see in a relationship..married or otherwise?? You want them to see hitting and violence like that in a relationship? You want them to learn its okay if a woman does the hitting? Then why tell 6 year old Suzy that its wrong to smack 6 yr old Bobby because he said something she didnt like?? When the school calls you and says your daughter kicked a boy in his nads because he called her a boobie-head or something...no worries. Hey..she's a female..let her smack the snot out of whoever she wants to..espescially if its a male..cause you know..boys are gonna be stronger. Look, people are going to get into fights. There is going to be violence. Its just gonna happen. But for God's sakes, dont act like its freaking OKAY just based on what SEX you are!
It's not ok, however, you know as well as I do, in most cases it's usually verbal at the start. Something triggers the physical part. It could be a slap to the face or a plate or glass thrown. The man loses his cool and goes too far. Sometimes many men don't even realize how hard they hit, or how strong they are until the adrenaline is pumping. Defend or subdue to protect yourself with doing minimum damage to her. Better yet, turn or counter and get away. What happens next doesn't always work out in either favor. SOMEBODY is going to be sorry the next day or in a few hours.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-20-2012 at 10:59 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
"Something triggers the physical part."

Nothing triggers the initial attacker, except a lack of self control. They are fully to blame for every single one of their actions..no exceptions.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

Nothing triggers the initial attacker, except a lack of self control. They are fully to blame for every single one of their actions..no exceptions.
Precisely! Thank you! I'll just add "and only a person who is truly weak would blame another for something they did"

Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

They are to blame. What might have caused it is another concern. I highly doubt people go around hitting others for no reason at all in most cases.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
I'm sure the OP had no idea he was opening a Pandora's box with this thread. It's now closed. If this topic ever comes up here again, it will be moved to the P&OC forum.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships