Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 AM

29,696 posts, read 34,240,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Stereotype much?
I did say "depending on the driver." Some guys act like having a car makes them an important person. Some guys just like their car. You can usually tell the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,749,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I did say "depending on the driver." Some guys act like having a car makes them an important person. Some guys just like their car. You can usually tell the difference.
No more important than their diamonds and pearls. Fancy expensive clothing included. My first thought is never..."WOW what a b****!"

Old 03-21-2012, 06:48 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,497,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
I have an Indian friend who drives a Benz SLK convertible, and he met this sorority chick at a bar the other day. Guess what, she said she doesn't particularly find Indian men appealing and said they weren't her type, but still slept with him the same night, yep a one night stand. My friend said the fact that he had a lot of swag and drove a stunning car helped his cause a lot, even though a lot of women here might say otherwise, trust me the car you drive matters a LOT, it's the image you project. Go get a nice pickup truck or a convertible sports luxury car.

Oh, and one of my other friends got a Lotus Elise and he says the girl next door can't take her eyes off him when he steps off his newly acquired toy. Just saying.
Desis normally drive a Toyota or Honda. The very rich ones drive a Mercedez.

I don't think car matters much when it comes to LTR but for a fling or two it will help if you don't have the looks. What if you have new luxury car but are in heavy debt?

Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,482,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Desis normally drive a Toyota or Honda. The very rich ones drive a Mercedez.

I don't think car matters much when it comes to LTR but for a fling or two it will help if you don't have the looks. What if you have new luxury car but are in heavy debt?

I think for some people being in dept in fashionable.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I think for some people being in dept in fashionable.
Nope, that's what really gets some peoples goat. It's all paid for in full.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Nope, that's what really gets some peoples goat. It's all paid for in full.

I was just being general not singleing anyone out.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I was just being general not singleing anyone out.
I can always tell. They can't fool me. The guy who tells me his house payment is $3,000 per month, there is a new BMW, Porche, and Benz in the garage can't lie very well. I'd believe the guy who just bought a brand new '12 GT 5.0 that wears Wranglers, eats his lunch at Burger King and lives in a 2,000 sq ft ranch!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I'd believe the guy who just bought a brand new '12 GT 5.0.

I might go in debt for one of those myself!!!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I might go in debt for one of those myself!!!!!
That may be worth it in that regard. That's a NICE freakin' car! Have you ever seen a farmer walk into a John Deere dealership in his bibs and swampers looking like he just came off the field? He's looking at a $100,000+ piece of equipment. He looks like he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. "How are you paying for this Sir?" CASH$$$$$ The man above with the three luxury cars and the 3K house payment squeels and bucks at the $600 walk behinds price on sale at Home Depot! Who's fooling who? Careful there Sir...you might get some oil on those Docker pants and $500 Italian leather shoes while loading it in the cart! LOL

Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
That may be worth it in that regard. That's a NICE freakin' car! Have you ever seen a farmer walk into a John Deere dealership in his bibs and swampers looking like he just came off the field? He's looking at a $100,000+ piece of equipment. He looks like he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. "How are you paying for this Sir?" CASH$$$$$ The man above with the three luxury cars and the 3K house payment squeels and bucks at the $600 walk behinds price on sale at Home Depot! Who's fooling who? Careful there Sir...you might get some oil on those Docker pants and $500 Italian leather shoes while loading it in the cart! LOL

Do you remember that commerical where the guy is cutting grass & he's talking about how much debt he's in? He's smiling the whole time though it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships