Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 PM

11,380 posts, read 24,385,676 times

Advertisements

I missed the part about how young you are when I first commented. 19 is very young to be dating someone that much older. Ordinarily I'd say go with it, but...oh what the heck, make your own decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,714,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No doubt - 50 year old men who go after 19 year old GIRLS have issues.
Why? Most normal men are attracted to young women who are pretty and have nice bodies. It's human nature. That doesn't mean that something is wrong with the man. Again, they're both adults and if he wants to sleep with a 19 yr old and she is ok with it I see nothing wrong it. It's not like he is tricking or forcing her to do something against her will.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 PM

773 posts, read 1,256,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You grew up quickly but you still lack the experience and wisdom this guy brings to the table.

I'd love to ask a 50 year old man why he's going after a 19 year old girl. I could see through his BS fairly easy, he's about my age and no way would I pursue a 19 YO girl.

That's way to young. No offense to you, but to him. He needs a slap on the head
Thank you. It needed to be said.

To the OP: I know that you feel that you're mature. I felt the same way when I was your age — that I was advanced well past my years. Part of the reason I felt this way was because I was moved up several grades, started university at 15. There are any number of reasons we feel "older than our years." Doesn't make it so.

The fact that you're contemplating a relationship with a man who is so much older than you when you're barely past your pubescent years tells me that you might not be as wise as you think. Please think about this. This isn't about "old souls" and all that guff. There are some brutal realities about your situation, and one is that this man is edging close to retirement, and you've barely started your life!

On a personal note, when I was at university, a 42-year-old (married) professor hit on me. I later found out that he was hitting on a lot of my peers who were still in their teens. So chances are pretty darned good that you are not the only one, especially if he has a modicum of money.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Why? Most normal men are attracted to young women who are pretty and have nice bodies. It's human nature. That doesn't mean that something is wrong with the man. Again, they're both adults and if he wants to sleep with a 19 yr old and she is ok with it I see nothing wrong it. It's not like he is tricking or forcing her to do something against her will.
She's a 19 year old girl. She's not even old enough to drink

You can say there's nothing wrong with a man who would do this, but people his age who are parents themselves know better.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,714,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailz101 View Post
I know I'm still going to be nieve about certain things but I want to give it a go with this guy, if for nothing else so I know not to make the mistake again.
Honey, we all live and learn. You're an adult and you have to make your own decisions. You'll stumble along the way but don't let people on a internet site dissuade you from what you feel you must do. I'll be the first to say that he maybe a bit too old for you and that you two will not have a lot in common but you need to understand that for yourself. None of us can or will convince you of that. Good luck.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
My coach and him are good friends (in fact they dated for a while 30 years ago) so I know he isn't married and has no little ones running around out there. She is the closest thing I have to a parent and although she was wary when I mentioned it she wasn't suprised as she sees how happy we are when together.

I know I'm still going to be nieve about certain things but I want to give it a go with this guy, if for nothing else so I know not to make the mistake again.
Your coach??

Please don't tell me you are still in high school

Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM

14 posts, read 21,748 times
Quote:
She's a 19 year old girl. She's not even old enough to drink

You can say there's nothing wrong with a man who would do this, but people his age who are parents themselves know better.
I'm English , I'm very much old enough to drink :-)

Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Honey, we all live and learn. You're an adult and you have to make your own decisions. You'll stumble along the way but don't let people on a internet site dissuade you from what you feel you must do. I'll be the first to say that he maybe a bit too old for you and that you two will not have a lot in common but you need to understand that for yourself. None of us can or will convince you of that. Good luck.
She is NOT an adult.

She is of "legal age" to vote, make contracts, or join the military.

Big difference.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM

14 posts, read 21,748 times
Quote:
Your coach??

Please don't tell me you are still in high school
No im in university

Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I'm English , I'm very much old enough to drink :-)
Okay, sorry about that, made the mistake of thinking you are an American.

You aren't still in school then are you? Please say you are at least at university?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships