Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

God, the Father, without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 05:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That sucks. I have a lot of family and friends who I know love me but if they've ever told me one secret they weren't supposed to, I will not tell them anything I don't want everyone to know. That's just how I am. And everyone I know has betrayed someone's confidence they promised to keep secret, except one person I already mentioned but she's no longer with us.
The only successful thief is the one that doesn't tell anyone about the theft.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The only successful thief is the one that doesn't tell anyone about the theft.
Or fall asleep in the getaway car. Someone stays awake all night without nodding off is a good choice.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Me too....

Plus, as ole Ben Franklin said:

Two can keep a secret
if one of them is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
No - I have to keep it to myself

Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Or fall asleep in the getaway car. Someone stays awake all night without nodding off is a good choice.
Well, yeah, OK, there's a few other qualifiers for success.

... killjoy.

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
Quote:
Have you read any of the responses here to people asking serious, if not sensitive, questions? Never! LOL
Anonymous forums are a great place to vent though

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
As in the "basement" thread, maybe you just have to use what is useful and discard the rest ... I've had some truly insightful answers to threads here, so I can't totally discount it. You just have to ignore people like me.

Agree with the first part. Perhaps unfortunately, I don't have the second part.

But I do have the world around me - nature - Tao. Probably serves the same purpose; I just don't have to eat Triscuits or drink cheap wine to get there.
I see what you're saying but it's hard enough to just read many of the heartless, judgemental, thoughtless, not to mention downright stupid responses to people sincerely seeking answers to questions that are hard enough to ask, let alone, answer. I'd never put myself out there like that.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
It depends on what's going on. I hold back on most things I tend to tell those closest to me. Which is just two people I'm more of a listener then I am anything else. I've been forthcoming on some things of late. My mom is the only family that I have & she tends to judge so I can't really go to her. Not as often as I would like anyhow. My friends know more about whats going on in my life then she does. I tend to bottle things up I know that's not good for you but I try to keep a tight seal on it. Sadly it doesn't always hold well. I'm scared to tell anyone too much because I fear it might be used against me. Or I find out that they really don't care what I'm going though. Any of those two reasons scare the hell out of me.
In the end, what are you going to do? I guess at some point my head or my heart is going to bust feels like its just a matter of time these days.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I see what you're saying but it's hard enough to just read many of the heartless, judgemental, thoughtless, not to mention downright stupid responses to people sincerely seeking answers to questions that are hard enough to ask, let alone, answer. I'd never put myself out there like that.
Depends how badly you need that lifeline.

If I were ready to do a triple-gainer off the Market Street Bridge and I had no one to turn to, I'd certainly come here.

True, it might end up being a coin-flip anyway ... but with no other choices?

I don't mean to denigrate C-D Relationships, I really don't - I love this place. But sometimes you just have to accept the fact that microcephalic idiots roam among us.

"... and there, coming out the fog of human relationships with an almost human-like gait, was a C-D member ... then another ... and yet another ...

... they were Idiots in the Mist."

Old 03-21-2012, 06:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Depends how badly you need that lifeline.

If I were ready to do a triple-gainer off the Market Street Bridge and I had no one to turn to, I'd certainly come here.

True, it might end up being a coin-flip anyway ... but with no other choices?

I don't mean to denigrate C-D Relationships, I really don't - I love this place. But sometimes you just have to accept the fact that microcephalic idiots roam among us.

"... and there, coming out the fog of human relationships with an almost human-like gait, was a C-D member ... then another ... and yet another ...

... they were Idiots in the Mist."
I laughed so hard my eyes are leaking. I'm still laughing. Thanks, I needed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships