Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
What more info would you like? I was asked if I liked a specific type of guy, I said I am not attracted to that kind of guy, this person and his friend called me a racist...
So someone just, out of the blue, asked you if you like [fill in the blank]. Why would they do that? Did they suspect you have a problem with that race? Did they ask because they were fishing to see if you might go out with them?

I would never have said I didn't like that kind of guy to begin with as it seems it would bring this on you--being accused of being racist. But ruling someone out because of race, yes, it seems racist. How else could you explain it?

Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I disagree, it's just personal tastes. Don't let someone guilt trip you.
On point.

Accusations of racism are one of the newer weapons of society, ones that strike emotional chords in many.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
On point.

Accusations of racism are one of the newer weapons of society, ones that strike emotional chords in many.
Yes... disagree with me and you must be a racist.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Im not attracted to african american women... I dont think it makes me racist...?

You are attracted to whoever you are attracted to... Its your opinion.
I don't think so either... that is why it bothered me I guess... I am not disrespectful, or antagonistic, or rude. I have friends of all colors, religions, genders, kinks, and fetishes... and this two guys know that, so it blew my mind they would label me as racist

Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I think it's really unfair to call someone racist because they don't like to date a certain race. I'm generally not attracted to guys with blonde hair. Sure there are exceptions, but dark hair is usually my preference. Am I racist against blonde guys? Of course not. Why should it be any different if I said I didn't like to date Mexican guys or African American guys? It's just personal preference.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
I don't think so either... that is why it bothered me I guess... I am not disrespectful, or antagonistic, or rude. I have friends of all colors, religions, genders, kinks, and fetishes... and this two guys know that, so it blew my mind they would label me as racist
It might have been simply a function of you saying you disliked/did not like a certain type of guy, which is a negative statement, as opposed to you saying you like/prefer a certain type of guy, which is a positive statement.

Just a thought.

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Not being attracted (physically-relationship) to a certain race of people is not racist. It is the same thing as not being attracted to someone who is overweight or any other variations of type. You will probably get flack from stating that you wont date an entire group of people, but if its your preference who cares what anyone else thinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The term 'racist' is a term bandied about by really lazy people who, ironically, are intent on stereotyping people themselves. Okay, so you prefer a certain ethnicity as the kind of person you are most attracted to. So what? You might like younger people. You might like a certain body type. You might have a dozen other preferences regarding physical appearances that fulfill your ideal S/O. I just don't see a problem with it at all.
Exactly. You may be attracted to blonds, versus red heads. Or tall versus short, or fat versus athletic.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,197 times
Or Rakinist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes... disagree with me and you must be a racist.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
So someone just, out of the blue, asked you if you like [fill in the blank]. Why would they do that? Did they suspect you have a problem with that race? Did they ask because they were fishing to see if you might go out with them?

I would never have said I didn't like that kind of guy to begin with as it seems it would bring this on you--being accused of being racist. But ruling someone out because of race, yes, it seems racist. How else could you explain it?
I explain it the same I explain any other preference I have... I am attracted to who I am attracted to. It is my personal preference.

I can't just start dating one type of guy, just so other people will be happy with my choices, it would be unfair to that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships