Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM

474 posts, read 495,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I have noticed that the majority of people Who complain about this are fixated on dating a specific race, never their own. You Can't say you want to date Race X because you don't find your own kind attractive, then get mad when the people you pursue agree with your taste. ''l only want to date white people because thats who I am attracted to" is always followed by "Why are white people only willing to date their own kind? Why are they all racists?"
Perfectly agree with this. It is for this reason that I mostly stick to my own race of women, and on the rare occasion that I go out of my own race I have almost zero expectations that anything's going to come out of it. People who don't date within their own race have no reason to complain about other people's racial preferences and they are just getting back what they give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Perfectly agree with this. It is for this reason that I mostly stick to my own race of women, and on the rare occasion that I go out of my own race I have almost zero expectations that anything's going to come out of it. People who don't date within their own race have no reason to complain about other people's racial preferences and they are just getting back what they give.
Exactly. +1.
For the record I think it is fine to date interac ially, but it is when people want nothing else that they get Into trouble. Its Sad, really

Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Are you an Asian man or are you just pontificating on the subject?

Yes, been there, done that. Asian men will typically tend to stick to their own because it is the path of least resistance and because as you say, they can get a 'hotter' girl if they do. Of course, background and common ground have a lot to do with it too.

I think what you have to say is neither true nor false. I'd venture as far as to say MOST white women won't date Asian guys unless they are really hot (Korean/Japanese model type). But the minority that will is rising more and more every year with all of the positive stereotyping from Asian cinema. I mean, used to be back in the day, even the real hot Asian guys couldn't get white girls (or any non Asian).

But real life is where the generalizing stops. My girlfriend is Latina. I think she's hot and she's been called hot by other men. I am not a model by any means and I ain't even CLOSE to 6 foot tall. White women don't like Asian/Indian men because they want their men to have huge dongs and since most Asian/Indian men don't have huge dongs like Black men do, they automatically aren't interested in them. I know this for a fact because a White woman I was friends with told me this after she got drunk

It's a big world. It's all about finding those that break the rules...
Agree with that, so the Asian men who go after White women should only do so if they know they look like Korean/Japanese models. Also, unless it's a fetish they have, why would they even go after women who want them to look like a model, I mean if there's such a huge preference placed only on their physical looks and other superficial characteristics, why even go after such women? Why not be happy to stick to fellow Asian women who look at you beyond just your model looks or stuff like that.

Also, your girlfriend is Latina, it's a different thing with Latinas, they are a minority themselves so they would be more reasonable in their choices when it comes to dating a fellow minority guy, you can't expect women who are the majority to be the same way and trust me they aren't.

P.S. I am Indian in case you didn't know it and I hate people who whine that they can't find women because of their race no matter what race they belong to.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
Well, yeah. There's people out there doing all kinds of stuff: good, bad, ignorant, smart etc.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Are you an Asian man or are you just pontificating on the subject?

Yes, been there, done that. Asian men will typically tend to stick to their own because it is the path of least resistance and because as you say, they can get a 'hotter' girl if they do. Of course, background and common ground have a lot to do with it too.

I think what you have to say is neither true nor false. I'd venture as far as to say MOST white women won't date Asian guys unless they are really hot (Korean/Japanese model type). But the minority that will is rising more and more every year with all of the positive stereotyping from Asian cinema. I mean, used to be back in the day, even the real hot Asian guys couldn't get white girls (or any non Asian).

But real life is where the generalizing stops. My girlfriend is Latina. I think she's hot and she's been called hot by other men. I am not a model by any means and I ain't even CLOSE to 6 foot tall.

It's a big world. It's all about finding those that break the rules...
Agree with that, so the Asian men who go after White women should only do so if they know they look like Korean/Japanese models. Also, unless it's a fetish they have, why would they even go after women who want them to look like a model, I mean if there's such a huge preference placed only on their physical looks and other superficial characteristics, why even go after such women? Why not be happy to stick to fellow Asian women who look at you beyond just your model looks or stuff like that.

Also, your girlfriend is Latina, it's a different thing with Latinas, they are a minority themselves so they would be more reasonable in their choices when it comes to dating a fellow minority guy, you can't expect women who are the majority to be the same way and trust me they aren't.

P.S. I am Indian in case you didn't know it and I hate people who whine that they can't find women because of their race no matter what race they belong to. Also, white women don't like going out with Asian or Indian men since it decreases their social status amongst their peer group because Asian/Indian men don't have dongs that are as huge as the ones that Black men have. Trust me on this, one of my friends who happens to be a White woman herself told this to me after she got drunk

Old 03-22-2012, 04:37 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
The reason why Asian Men *do not* and can not typically date hot White Women has nothing to do with their "model" looks or lack thereof. That is absolutely ridiculous. It is because of who they are as men and how they are stereotypically portrayed as weak, feminine and nerdy, and in reality, a lot of Asian guys do fit that mold. It has nothing to do with looks.

I know plenty of average looking Asian guys, who possess no where near refined model features or a toned body, who get hot girls of every color every weekend they go out. It's because of their CHARACTER, CONFIDENCE and SOCIAL SKILLS. Nothing to do with looks my friend, if you think that's the case, you have a lot of learning to do.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
The reason why Asian Men *do not* and can not typically date hot White Women has nothing to do with their "model" looks or lack thereof. That is absolutely ridiculous. It is because of who they are as men and how they are stereotypically portrayed as weak, feminine and nerdy, and in reality, a lot of Asian guys do fit that mold. It has nothing to do with looks.

I know plenty of average looking Asian guys, who possess no where near refined model features or a toned body, who get hot girls of every color every weekend they go out. It's because of their CHARACTER, CONFIDENCE and SOCIAL SKILLS. Nothing to do with looks my friend, if you think that's the case, you have a lot of learning to do.
Totally agree with this, also I was not the one who said that they only went after model looking Asian men, it was the other Asian guy who brought up that topic and I merely said that in case they did, he's better off not dating one of those women that's all. And that applies to any kind of woman, White, Black, Asian, Indian whatever, if she is only willing to consider men who look like models dating material, she better ensure that she's going to be judged on the same factor, maybe she would repent it the day she gets wrinkly and older.

But at the end of the day I have to say that the standards are way higher and women are much more pickier when it comes to interracial dating and picking men of other races, so I would rather try to stick to my own as much as possible for that particular reason.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsonCharles View Post
For those whining about looks and race, a White woman who is a 9/10 is not going to date Danny Devito, she wants her Brad Pitt. So if you are a skinny fat Asian or Indian with loads of confidence issues, you are SOL.

Get ripped and hit it!

Also, look up ViperGQ, he is a close friend of mines on Bodybuilding, guy has nailed 10s.

You have no excuses
Finally something we agree on, it's true that any woman who's a 9/10 won't go for someone that's a 2 or 3/10 and there's nothing wrong with it either.

Being ripped does matter and help, that's something I totally agree on.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:57 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
If you live in a very diverse area then you are ok.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
It's just a matter of perspective.

Women should realize that 'asian guys aren't nerdy', they're just going to have better jobs in the future.

Women should realize that 'asian guys aren't skinny/small', they're just not obese.

Women should realize that 'asian guys aren't boring', they're just not going to be bad boys who end up in prison or cheat on you.

All about perspective.

Last edited by tonym9428; 03-22-2012 at 05:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships