Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 AM

471 posts, read 481,202 times

Advertisements

Last night I was at a bar with my buddies to watch some college basketball. I leave the bar around midinght, and start walking back to my place.

As I'm walking down the street, a guy and a girl are walking towards me. They are a little tipsy. They ask me if I know where a certain bar is.

She says, "sir, where is bar x??"

"Don't call me sir! I'm only 23" - me

"Oh, well it was the beard, I thought you were older!"

At this point she starts stroking my beard and calling me lover boy, no longer caring about where the bar is. I HATE when people touch my beard, but I figure I'd try to make the best of the situation.

"I hate when people touch my beard, so if you can do that, I can do this" and I place my hand on her breast.

"Okay, that's fine" she said.

Gave her a hug and left. Didn't try to escalate. Didn't get her number, didn't even ask for her name.

Got home and realized she may have been flirting with me, and i blew it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
*facepalm*

Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM

181 posts, read 378,367 times
Would have, could have, should have. It's too late now. Plus, she was tipsy. The tipsy girl you met last night might be a totally different girl than the one who woke up with a hangover this morning.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,324 times
You sound creepy, or could have been a sexual assault case in the making

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
I don't think it really counts when they're tipsy lol But, I'm the same way. I basically need it to be told to me. I work for a bank and used to work in a branch. The armored car guy and I would talk every week about EVERYTHING. My co-worker said he liked me but I said no, we just like to talk about sports. She picked up on a lot of things which I told her she was crazy. I remember when I was getting married, I told him I would see him in a few weeks and he got all red, his expression completely changed and said very coldly, "good luck". He took himself off the route. One of the older guys on the route told me why this guy didn't come back. I was dumbstruck. Of course I got the "I told you so" from my co-worker. I'm just oblivious to it sometimes. Last night a bus driver on certain line stopped where I was waiting and smiled at me. I had seen him before and noticed when he stopped, he kept looking at me and smiling. I was like, whatever. Last night he kept smiling and waved but I laughed. I don't know if he was flirting or maybe he thought I was someone else.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I don't think it really counts when they're tipsy lol But, I'm the same way. I basically need it to be told to me. I work for a bank and used to work in a branch. The armored car guy and I would talk every week about EVERYTHING. My co-worker said he liked me but I said no, we just like to talk about sports. She picked up on a lot of things which I told her she was crazy. I remember when I was getting married, I told him I would see him in a few weeks and he got all red, his expression completely changed and said very coldly, "good luck". He took himself off the route. One of the older guys on the route told me why this guy didn't come back. I was dumbstruck. Of course I got the "I told you so" from my co-worker. I'm just oblivious to it sometimes. Last night a bus driver on certain line stopped where I was waiting and smiled at me. I had seen him before and noticed when he stopped, he kept looking at me and smiling. I was like, whatever. Last night he kept smiling and waved but I laughed. I don't know if he was flirting or maybe he thought I was someone else.

You sound like a pretty awesome person. It's so nice to hear then the people I say hi to and put their head down and walk faster or avoid even making contact for whatever reason. How in the world will you ever make friends or have fun while you work if you keep your head up your *beep*

Back to the OP you have issues. First, the gal was with another guy. Apparently it wasn't her boyfriend. Then she was all wasted and you cop a feel on her breasts right there on the street. Nice job!

Anyways, she wasn't flirting with you, she was drunk. She probably thought you were a homeless guy with the beard and all.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 AM

471 posts, read 481,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You sound like a pretty awesome person. It's so nice to hear then the people I say hi to and put their head down and walk faster or avoid even making contact for whatever reason. How in the world will you ever make friends or have fun while you work if you keep your head up your *beep*

Back to the OP you have issues. First, the gal was with another guy. Apparently it wasn't her boyfriend. Then she was all wasted and you cop a feel on her breasts right there on the street. Nice job!

Anyways, she wasn't flirting with you, she was drunk. She probably thought you were a homeless guy with the beard and all.
No, we talked about graduation, school etc. She knows I go this school.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
lmfao

Old 03-23-2012, 10:57 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Aww, shucks..thanks funymann . But you're right. Some people are way too uptight. Nothing wrong with being friendly. I was actually flattered when I realized how the armored car guy felt. He was a few years too late otherwise....

Back to the OP...

Wait, so this girl knows you? I didn't sense that from the OP. It sounded like a random person on the street but now you said she knows you go to that school. The other guy could have been a bf and may be very open to having his gf groped in public by strange bearded men

Old 03-23-2012, 11:05 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Hawk50...can't figure what it is you feel you blew???She was drunk...already with a guy....and ok with you copping a feel right in front of him...is that something you really feel you want...or missed out on??....that's not flirting....that's disrespect..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships