Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 PM

307 posts, read 630,766 times

Advertisements

Has your husband talked to his doctor about snoring to see if there is a medical cause? If you are worried that sleeping separately is having a negative impact you can get some custom made ear plugs from an audiologist to block the sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,652,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthHillsHappy View Post
my parents slept in seperate beds for as long as i can remember, due to his snoring, and i told myself id never do that; but now i find myself doing the very thing they did, and enjoying it! i like sleeping in another room, and getting a good nights rest, but think its really hurting our relationship. is it really that big of deal to not sleep together?

Why not go to his bed for sex or intimacy everynight and then go to your bed for sleep?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
The only time I got a good night's rest in my entire marriage was either on business travel or when he slept on the couch after I had some surgery on my foot. It wore me out very quickly, and I was chronically exhausted and miserable, the kind dazed and hopeless tearfulness that accompanies every molehill seeming like a mountain because you can't think straight from the fatigue. It was a contributing factor to the divorce, that's for sure. Trying to sleep beside a snorer is my version of hell on earth, and I will NEVER sacrifice my health like that again for anyone.

So, if I were you, I wouldn't force myself to try to sleep in the same bed. However, I would wear the carpet out between bedrooms and keep an active sex life. You can always fall asleep together and then slip out to get your rest if his snoring wakes you.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Why not go to his bed for sex or intimacy everynight and then go to your bed for sleep?

Or he can come to hers. There's something sexy about "May I come to your bed tonight?"

[youtube]PLT5IbY3YVs[/youtube]

Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
My parents sleep in separate rooms and they say it saved their marriage. They can each decorate their rooms in their own style, keep their stuff separated and get a good nights sleep, so it works very well for them.

When I was living with my ex, I went out and bought the LARGEST bed possible (cal king) because I cannot fall asleep if someone is touching me. I've never been able to 'fall asleep in someones arms' and even the smallest of movements will wake me up. So, with a Cal King I can stretch out a bit and stay in my little corner

Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,115 times
DH converted the extra bedroom into his "man cave" many years ago. He never liked my choice of bed - one of those "Queen Rice" high-off-the-floor four posters that looks like it belongs in Buckingham Palace. Besides, he never sleeps 8 hours straight - he prefers to sleep in 2 to 3 hour snatches throughout the day and night. Also, I tend to thrash in my sleep and don't like to be touched.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 03-24-2012 at 01:59 AM..

Old 03-24-2012, 09:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Ear plugs work wonders for my marriage. The pharmacy near me sells really good foam ones. The only problem is that dh has to wake me when it's time to get up because I don't hear the alarm clock but I don't hear his snoring either.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,673,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthHillsHappy View Post
Is it really that big of deal to not sleep together?
Sleep separately, no. If it's killing your sex life, yes.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:51 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times
I'd love to have separate beds if I lived with a woman, I hate having the blanket stolen or not being able to sprawl out. I think most people don't do that because they're afraid of what people will think, that the fire has gone out of their love life or that there's trouble. I'm going to insist on twin racecar beds so we can drive down the road of love together

Old 03-24-2012, 06:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Personally my thoughts on the matter are...separate beds=separate lives...I couldn't imagine not having my mate next to me at night...it just seems bizarre to me....though I do realize that for some..it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships