Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM

348 posts, read 549,865 times

Advertisements

I think there can be several factors, first of which may be that most people don't fall in a simple 'good' or 'bad' category. Relationships are complicated.

jobaba

I'm starting to think that the women who like jerks really are a lot closer to the personalities of the jerks they date than they realize.

And that the nice guys who pine after those women should wake up and realize that and look for 'real' nice girls instead of chasing them.

I agree to an extent, but I think the whole 'jerk v nice guy' thing is an outdated generalization that was never accurate in the first place.

I have a friend who gets a lot of women. Some call him a 'jerk' because he is very outgoing (and to be fair can be a bit obnoxious), but the truth is he's actually a good guy. The main reason he gets a lot of women is because he tries very hard and is completely unafraid of rejection. I have another friend who is a 'nice' guy, who doesn't date as often, which he's fine with and has more of a laid-back personality. Both of these guys are about equal lookswise. I have a third friend who is unsuccessful with women because his approach is weird and he spends more time complaining about women than he does trying to date them.

Anyway, the 'good' women that I know date 'bad' men at probably the same rate as the other women that I know. I think the problem for women is that as they get older they tend to feel, with some justification, that staying with someone who is 'imperfect' is better than being single again. Dating is harder for women as they get older than men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 01:59 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
I know Im going to get smacked for this, but that has never stopped me from sharing the TRUTH. All women act based on their emotions and not based on logical thought. This is why they love the bad boys but if you ask them, most will tell you they would like to find a nice guy. In reality, the nice guy is the last thing they want. Bad boys are unpredictable and very often live by their own rules. They are able to protect better and fufill mans role as needed by todays female. THis is why in my personal life never really listen to womans advice on dating, because not only are they incredibly inaccurate, most of the time they are absolutely the worst advice you can receive. Listen to the TRUTH, because there is only one.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,630 times
I agree with the article which is why I haven't been a fan of a woman "chasing" a man and chasing to me starts with making the first move. Once you start chasing him, you'll always be in that position of having to "chase" to get what you want/need in return. Which for most women is not really a comfortable position to be in because you start to feel un-loved and taken for granted.

Some women are natural at being the "yang" and can recognize that in themselves and know the type of man that compliments their energy. I think if more women understood the energy scales, there would be more successful relationships.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Instead ask: Why do losers stay with good looking men who are using them?

Seems obvious to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Because they are good looking?????? Is that the correct answer? Did I win?

PS - bad men aren't always good looking.
True. Then he's providing her with drugs.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
And that the nice guys who pine after those women should wake up and realize that and look for 'real' nice girls instead of chasing them.
Everyone has a different opinion of what is real. Most men are not interested in the opinion of people who would say this. To be fair, women are even less interested in such advice - a lot less than men.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Best listen to your head.....do not sleep with a man until you are married (or at least very sure of his character).
Funny how when this subject was brought up in a thread recently, it was the women who turned the OP on the spit!

Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I didn't understand the article. But why do good women stay with bad men? Cuz good women stay regardless.
Nonsense. They'll dump a decent guy at the drop of a hat. I suppose that it is easier and risk free. If her girlfriends aren't impressed...........

Old 03-24-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
I think there can be several factors, first of which may be that most people don't fall in a simple 'good' or 'bad' category. Relationships are complicated.
There is an element of truth in that but the fact is that her parents can usually pick out the bad and immediately she will not only, just see the "good" but actually invent it, if need be.

In contrast, when people (other than her girlfriends) actually like a decent guy, she will think she's being manipulated and see the bad, inventing it if need be.

Yes. Women are complicated but their relationships end up being simple.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Trouble is women sleep with a man and get somehow ADDICTED, connected...then its hard to disconnect.
Nice generalization.

Quote:
Best listen to your head.....do not sleep with a man until you are married (or at least very sure of his character).
This may be a thread in itself, but I really don't understand why some people think marriage is the cure-all. Marrying someone doesn't guarantee that you know them or anything about their character. If you don't trust him enough to sleep with him before marriage, why marry him in the first place?

Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,256 times
<--- Zero tolerance for pompous, arrogant, obnoxious idiots ! lol!

I'm a fairly confident woman, and want to be treated just as how I treat others ... I have no issues kicking someone to the curb if they do not treat me nice- with respect, kindness, and loyalty

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships