Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Is that you Olive Oyl?

what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I'm not talking about sex only relationships,more marriage minded relationships.

I realize ugly men can get money and won't have to worry as much as an unattractive woman.
Do very unattractive women stay single,or almost always the other woman?
They develop other qualities that have nothing to do with how they look.

They develop their minds, their bodies, personalities, their cooking skills.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

True,but no one knows if your are a good cook and have a great personality if you are walking down the street and the men don't like your look.

I do realize its also harder for me to find men because I am a nurse,and 90% of nurses are women. I don't come into that much contact with men on the job(single men anyway)

Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
.p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
if the woman very ugly she may as well just forget it, she may as well be invisible to opposite sex. the only options she would have would be a. be willing to be used for sex or a good time but not taken outside of the bedroom or b. date very unattractive, lame men that no other women seem to want anything to do with.
I go for the unattractive men,but men have this high self esteem where they think they look 10x better than they really do. So they think they are a 10 and won't look at the 2 or 3.
I refuse to dat a man who is a freeloader,that is the only kind I abhor.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrawnick View Post
They do things the pretty girls won't do.

This may be kinda true, actually...

Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM

197 posts, read 208,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

There are many women who do this, regardless of their physical appearance. I tend to pity the ones who are both super intelligence and attractive - how hard it must be to find a guy who doesnt just want to make you a trophy (let alone a guy who can genuinely appreciate their minds).

Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
.p

I go for the unattractive men,but men have this high self esteem where they think they look 10x better than they really do. So they think they are a 10 and won't look at the 2 or 3.
I refuse to dat a man who is a freeloader,that is the only kind I abhor.

I agree with you 100% I notice they grossly exaggerate their own attractiveness, it is likely an ego thing. Also it's true, in reality the ones that are not that hot in the first place, think they should be getting Heidi Klum, LOL. Sigh. I don't know what else to tell you, it is a shame but it's a looks based society unfortunately. TBH, you are probably not even ugly. I notice women grossly underestimate their own looks, ironically opposite of men.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
if the woman very ugly she may as well just forget it, she may as well be invisible to opposite sex. the only options she would have would be a. be willing to be used for sex or a good time but not taken outside of the bedroom or b. date very unattractive, lame men that no other women seem to want anything to do with.
According to this forum, she should join the short, fat, ugly men...oh and all those who don't have money. So I've been told.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:56 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,025,008 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100% I notice they grossly exaggerate their own attractiveness, it is likely an ego thing. Also it's true, in reality the ones that are not that hot in the first place, think they should be getting Heidi Klum, LOL. Sigh. I don't know what else to tell you, it is a shame but it's a looks based society unfortunately. TBH, you are probably not even ugly. I notice women grossly underestimate their own looks, ironically opposite of men.
Eh, as long as it's not outta control what's the probably with people wanting to feel beautiful? We prop up ugly women all the time by calling them beautiful etc all the time.

I agree it can get outta control. No one should feel they deserve this or that, then again I don't believe in 'leagues.' A Heidi Klum type could easily fall for Mr Average Joe.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
For sure I'd rather be with a man who is unattractive on the outside and beautiful inside. I lucked out and found a man who is beautiful inside and outside.
What a coincidence! All who claim the former somehow, I'm sure by pure chance, by some one-in-a-million-years alignment of all planets, ended up with the latter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships