Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM

244 posts, read 707,335 times

Advertisements

Plus I don't trust people, not so much in an antisocial manner, but just in general when it comes to relationships or giving someone love or anything like that. Not to be shallow or mean, but I've come to realize that my personality type isn't fit for dating or relationships and such. It's happened before when my friends would ask me if I was gay (you can check out that thread, really interesting responses). They hadn't realized I was doing so much at once that I only spent my free time with my close friends. I never flirted with women while I went out with them, never asked for people's numbers at parties. I pretty much have a hectic schedule, while I'm not at school I'm at work on Paramedic duties, while I'm not at work I"m at school. I make sure I spend my free time with close friends but not so much with dating and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 03:07 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well you went from FWB to one night stands -- so may as well spring the cash for just the sex then you won't have to worry about anything else.
Men who want cost-free, commitment-free sex PLUS emotional intimacy are always gonna have one problem or another with women, because they want it all, and no woman in their right mind is going to give them everything they have for just some sex. . It's just sex. A woman can procure it fairly safely and easily in most towns without all the passive-aggressive crazymaking some men want to serve it up with. A man's willingness to have sex with a woman is not the Holy Grail..and quite a few women (not necessarily the younger ones) are waking up to that reality.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Men who want cost-free, commitment-free sex PLUS emotional intimacy are always gonna have one problem or another with women, because they want it all, and no woman in their right mind is going to give them everything they have for just some sex. . It's just sex. A woman can procure it fairly safely and easily in most towns without all the passive-aggressive crazymaking some men want to serve it up with. A man's willingness to have sex with a woman is not the Holy Grail..and quite a few women (not necessarily the younger ones) are waking up to that reality.
Far as I can tell, they all want 'cost free, commitment free' sex, as you put it. And I would look twice, at 'no woman in their right mind...' because I see plenty! LOL. I never thought it was the holy grail, it's not rocket science to get men to sleep with a woman. I agree though that MOST women can procure sex fairly easily, again, not all.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,319 times
Quote:
Why not try hookers? Then you can pay for what you want and really not have to worry about doing much more!
Because the guys are cheap! And why should they pay for sex? There are plenty of women spending the night after a first meeting. We've all read their threads on here.

And NEWSFLASH....you are not friends after a first meeting, so it's not a FWB thing...its a one night stand.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Because the guys are cheap! And why should they pay for sex? There are plenty of women spending the night after a first meeting. We've all read their threads on here.

And NEWSFLASH....you are not friends after a first meeting, so it's not a FWB thing...its a one night stand.

LOL @ them being cheap. They can pay for sex or not pay for it -- it was a suggestion. Yes there's plenty of women to give them sex on the first date.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,757 times
It's okay, as long as both of you are perfectly clear and certain that this relationship will never lead to anything more. If one party comes to this arrangement thinking that it might lead to something more, then he/she would get hurt.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
It's okay, as long as both of you are perfectly clear and certain that this relationship will never lead to anything more. If one party comes to this arrangement thinking that it might lead to something more, then he/she would get hurt.
In other words, it's never okay, because you can never be certain that a FWB relationship will never lead to anything more.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I see no problem with two adults being in this type of relationship if they both agree that thats all they want. Of course anything could happen along the way they might find out they both want to have a relationship & who knows from there. I'm still surprised by how many people here believe that only men would benfit from this type of arrangement. Then again perhaps those who can't seprate a booty call from love are the one's who have issues regardless of thier sex.

Last edited by reed067; 03-27-2012 at 07:58 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 07:51 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I had a relationship like this, and it is dysfunctional in some ways from the beginning, because you really don't want an emotional attachment to this person, for whatever reason, sure, the sex is fun, but at some point it decreases your self esteem, to be sleeping with a person you don't want a relationship with, because you know you want someone "better" for you, and you are really using this person as a replacement for the real thing.

Relationships are complicated enough. Find something real.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Why not try hookers? Then you can pay for what you want and really not have to worry about doing much more!
Uh, maybe because its illegal and if you get caught the conviction will haunt you for the rest of your life? Not to mention you could fill a stadium with the amount of guys they've been with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships