Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times

Advertisements

I fully support FWB relationships if both parties know the situation and the ground rules. I don't like when men make women believe their in a relationship when it's just sex. That's not a true FWB, that's leading someone on. Also FWB is different From random ONS, of bootycalls because this person is your actual friend, you just dont want a romantic relationship with them.(That's how mine have always turned out)

As for "catching feelings" I think that the VAST majority of the time when someone says that happened they always had feelings for the other person. So the whole "i fell in love overtime" is mostly crap. They always wanted to date or be in a LTR with the other party they just for some reason or another didn't think that was possible and settled with just sleeping with them. I had to end a FWB for that same reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 12:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
If you are both single and free and adults and agree with that kind of relationship then go for it.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:42 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,451,329 times
its fine as long as its just what it is and nothing more. also, if you or she is having sexual contact outside of what the two of you have its a good idea to have some knowledge of who it is they are sleeping with and if they are taking precautions when doing so.
personally having a few fwb situations myself in the past its always lead to more drama and work then it was ever suppose to be. hurt feelings, jealousy, expectations etc etc

your mileage will vary of course....just remember you cannot predict any future complications or issues before agreeing to be in a fwb situation going in to them, so tread with caution and be prepared for the worst and make sure you BOTH have a solid understanding of when to call it off if need be.

its all fun and games until something a little more serious happens.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:30 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
I'm quite alright with it and I had an arrangement like that a while back but I moved out of the country so I ended it. Great time and no emotional attachment established by either party.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 AM

75 posts, read 111,827 times
No, its not bad. Its quite fun, to be honest. The only problem is when one of the two is expecting more or when one of the two actually meets someone else and put an end to the friend with benefit relation. That usually end up pretty badly.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narv View Post
No, its not bad. Its quite fun, to be honest. The only problem is when one of the two is expecting more or when one of the two actually meets someone else and put an end to the friend with benefit relation. That usually end up pretty badly.
If a girl I started dating had one of these FWB things going on, she'd have to cut off ties with him entirely for us to start going steady. That's if the news of her doing something like this didn't just turn me off completely. I still think of it as being irresponsible and a sign of a lack of sexual independence (meaning that she couldn't get herself off; she needed another person there).

Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 AM

75 posts, read 111,827 times
Of course we all want these kind of relations to end when we meet someone. But some people don't end it and you do not know it. More girls than you think do that. They date many guys at the same time and chose the one who is the most exciting, well fited, stable, ect. I mean I don't say that to disrespect females and I in no way am saying that ALL women are like this but a lot of them are like that.

At some point in my life I became so frustrated with that kind of stuff that I started myself to date many women at the same time. At some point in my life (not later than last year) I was sleeping with 5 women at the same time. I did this on frustration and I wanted to get revenge for all the women who had done that to me. I ended up being very sad and I lost every single one of these women... it really is something you do not want to get into. Its hurtful, immature and disrespectful.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Well I was saying that I'd even want her to stop being friends with this guy she had been having sex with. As far as I'm concerned, this is the precise reason to not remain friends with your exes (if you were sexually active). Too many memories, images in your head. Again, this is just my personal preference, but I couldn't be in a relationship with a girl who was still friends with a guy she used to screw on a regular basis. I'm friends with exactly one of my exes (and my gf is fine with it), and that's because we never took it that far.

As for dating more than one person at a time before you start a relationship, I'm fine with it. But I think that sex, kissing at the end of the date, even holding hands should mean that you're with that person. At least that's how I'd take it as a prospective bf, even if I knew she was dating other guys before we had sex, kissed, or held hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships