Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
You're assuming she's Indian or Asian.
I don't know where she's from, but she's not attracted to people of her own "ethnicity". She didn't say race.

Even if she's not attracted to someone of her own race, so what?

Sometimes things are just WHAT THEY ARE and cannot be changed, especially if it's always been that way.

Counseling isn't always necessary. She didn't say she HATES her culture just that she's not attracted to the MEN from it.

Live and let live.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
I don't get what you are saying...What if they are Americanized like her?

Maybe I need to go back and reread what the OP said?
You know what caesarsgirl79? Disregard everything I said.

Since the OP hasn't come back to CLARIFY what she's talking about, I'm gonna consider this a troll thread until otherwise disproven.

I have no idea of ANYTHING in this woman's world, so I'm not gonna comment any further. Sorry.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:16 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't know where she's from, but she's not attracted to people of her own "ethnicity". She didn't say race.

Sometimes things are just WHAT THEY ARE and cannot be changed, especially if it's always been that way.

Counseling isn't always necessary. She didn't say she HATES her culture just that she's not attracted to the MEN from it.

Live and let live.
They can still be americanized and be her same ethnicity.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
No she shouldn't. If she's not into her people's CULTURE, then no amount of "counseling" will change that.

If she's AMERICANIZED, then dealing with men who are stuck in the "old country" way of life will NEVER work. NEVER.
True. Counseling won't change that. Counseling doesn't work on the pituitary gland.

It may not be that they are stuck in the "old country" way of life; some of the guys, and gals, they are spurning are American-born.

Let's see, I know so many of these situations, growing up in CA:
- a Venezuelan mulatta who wouldn't even go out with the whitest of Hispanic guys, and she was NO prize
- at least 3 Middle Eastern women who liked Anglo-ish guys, but with dark hair ( I think that blond was too much of a "leap")
- a Creole male friend who only dated white women
- one, if not more, Jewish guy who would not date Jewish women
- every single Cuban guy I knew would not date another Hispanic
- a few Asian women who only dated white guys
I think it's the "streets are paved with gold" syndrome. Get to America and see the "Anglo standard" and then see what you can get.

I think I am the among the few, being of Mediterranean ancestry, that is really only attracted to women with the same ethnic background. Always have been. Like another poster, Nordic women may be attractive, but they do nothing for me.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:18 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,504 times
Quote:
You know what caesarsgirl79? Disregard everything I said.

Since the OP hasn't come back to CLARIFY what she's talking about, I'm gonna consider this a troll thread until otherwise disproven.

I have no idea of ANYTHING in this woman's world, so I'm not gonna comment any further. Sorry.
I agree

Old 03-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
They can still be americanized and be her same ethnicity.
True, but it depends on how deeply AMERICANIZED they are. She might be someone fully assimilated into the american culture, whereas the others might still be hovering between both cultures which could cause problems.

Until she comes back to explain herself more, I'm not going to comment or speculate further.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
I am not trying to create a controversial post but I've enjoyed my interactions with men from other ethnic background a lot more than my own. Now I think I am not attracted to my own. I almost feel disgusted around men of my own ethnicity. Is that crazy or what?

I would use the phrase "my own culture" rather than "my own race". There are always exceptions so why generalize?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
My female Indian friend is not interested in Indian men, either.
And my female Uruguayan friend only feels attracted to Nordic men.

Maybe it is even normal to be interested in the exotic. Maybe it would always have been that way if people had been able to move all around the world like today.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 PM

566 posts, read 958,339 times
Quote:

Live and let live.
No, she needs counseling. The reason she's like this is because of a very bad prior relationship with a man of her ethnicity. (seems that way to me)

Last edited by midatlantic12; 03-25-2012 at 12:55 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
No, she needs counseling. The reason she's like this is because of a very bad prior relationship with a man of her ethnicity.
Has she told you that?
I would be careful to interpret a person on the Internet based on your pseudo-psychology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships