U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Boonies
1,327 posts, read 1,155,322 times
Reputation: 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Excuse me? Who's paying for the house? This is the 21st century and women have careers and, gasp, some of us make more then the man!

But yet some women have to do the shopping, food and all other, put it away, plan and cook meals, clean up said meals, laundry, clean bathroom every night, keep a spotless house, maintain her wardrobe and his, walk the dog, squeeze in a shower for herself. It's a friggin six hour second job every night and when it's over, I just want to sleep. The sex was not worth missing my few hours of rest
Amen sister! My husband is currently over in Europe on a work assignment. He has a maid come in to do his cleaning, iron his clothes, make him a couple of meals for the week. When his day is done, it's done. Me...I am working fulltime, raising a small school aged active child, taking care of the pets, the house inside and out, trying to get two vehicles inspected, scheduling appointments for things that need to be done. I do not get one single day of rest and by the time our child goes to bed, I am ready for bed myself, but yet I have just a couple of more things to do. And when I hear men complain about this stuff, I want to scream. The day I become a pampered woman, will be the day I pamper my man!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
 
2,534 posts, read 909,431 times
Reputation: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Imagine the woman that is the hottest to you. It doesn't matter how awesome she is: you're going to get tired of her over time. This is how it works with (mostly) everyone. This is where the word "settle" comes in.
Which is a good reason to unlearn vanilla and realize humans, of both genders, are not built for monogamy. Emotional monogamy, perhaps, for many, if not most, but physical? Boring!

For the record, I am not one of those men in a sexless marriage. Quite the opposite. Then again, we frequently invite others into our bed, so boredom never has a chance to set in.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
 
17,375 posts, read 15,828,898 times
Reputation: 16939
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
One meal a day at the most. Remember, the husband is out for more than half of the day.
I made breakfast, and made lunch for my son to take to school, and then made dinner after work.



ASSumptions. I hope you know the saying.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
 
18,899 posts, read 11,088,368 times
Reputation: 13027
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I made breakfast, and made lunch for my son to take to school, and then made dinner after work.

ASSumptions. I hope you know the saying.
He's made similar assertions in the past. In that the vast majority get by on a bowl of cheerios for dinner.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
10,635 posts, read 10,257,941 times
Reputation: 10523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He's made similar assertions in the past. In that the vast majority get by on a bowl of cheerios for dinner.
And dont forget the occasional samich.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Texas
27,328 posts, read 21,012,224 times
Reputation: 31930
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Amen sister! My husband is currently over in Europe on a work assignment. He has a maid come in to do his cleaning, iron his clothes, make him a couple of meals for the week. When his day is done, it's done. Me...I am working fulltime, raising a small school aged active child, taking care of the pets, the house inside and out, trying to get two vehicles inspected, scheduling appointments for things that need to be done. I do not get one single day of rest and by the time our child goes to bed, I am ready for bed myself, but yet I have just a couple of more things to do. And when I hear men complain about this stuff, I want to scream. The day I become a pampered woman, will be the day I pamper my man!
Honestly, the fact that most women I have ever known do so much more work around the house (whether or not they work outside the house) is the number 2 reason I could never be with a guy.
How absolutely demoralizing to be treated like that. I couldn't put up with it for a second.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,797 posts, read 4,046,391 times
Reputation: 2480
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Wow that is really infrequent! I would be happy with sex at least 1-2 times every day of the month (morning and night).

As far as you not feeling able to keep up..... I would love to see your blood profile, I bet you produce a very little amount of testosterone.
You bet wrong.

I said 3-4x per month minimum. Ideally I would prefer 2x per week. We practice the Tantra so we store our energy and when we are sexual, We have the most mind blowing orgasms I've ever experienced.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
 
Location: USA
1,334 posts, read 870,406 times
Reputation: 2147
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
In college, I pay for everything and not ask my parents for a single euro and have scholarships.
.
You're in college and making statements about married people and a married lifestyle? If this is true, you are clueless about the dynamics of what goes on in a marriage, whether it be sexual, division of labor or any of it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
 
Location: Australia
4,008 posts, read 2,251,413 times
Reputation: 6511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Excuse me? Who's paying for the house? This is the 21st century and women have careers and, gasp, some of us make more then the man!

But yet some women have to do the shopping, food and all other, put it away, plan and cook meals, clean up said meals, laundry, clean bathroom every night, keep a spotless house, maintain her wardrobe and his, walk the dog, squeeze in a shower for herself. It's a friggin six hour second job every night and when it's over, I just want to sleep. The sex was not worth missing my few hours of rest
Oh come on! Surely you can find an extra 2.5 minutes in there somewhere!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 AM
 
Location: On the Ohio River in Western, KY
3,322 posts, read 2,907,826 times
Reputation: 3045
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
And??? Just because he has a boner, she should 'service' him? Maybe he should try a little romance, a little seduction, something other than laying there like a lump on a log waiting to be serviced. I sure as heck would tell him to take a hike if he felt as though he didn't have to meet my needs as well.
Hon, it might come as a shock to you, but not all of us women always like to be romanced. Some of us like a quick f**k! If I want it, I want it; right then, right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It's boredom, pure and simple. Human beings are not designed to be tethered for life to one person.
Yup, that's why I fine with porn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Yep Sarah, I do remember saying that once upon a time ago myself. You just wait until the little tykes come along...I laugh when I hear young women say those words. Kids are alot of work, especially when you are also working outside the home fulltime...Maybe you will be part of the minority!
I was one of the minority. I like sex, a lot! It stopped for about a year before my surgery and for a few months after, but then better than ever!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top