Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I'm not a man, and not married, but am in a very LTR living with a man who absolutely refuses to have any kind of sex with me and refuses to let me try to get it elsewhere. On top of that, he's always insecure and suspicious, like if I come home late (from shopping or errands), he tries to accuse me of cheating. I really wish I could find someone to cheat with. I'm going crazy, and this is not how our relationship started out many years ago! Back then, we went at it at least 2x/day. His kids are grown and I have no kids, so that's not the excuse. He never wants it, ever. I can't get laid to save my life. I didn't sign on for this, and it's pathetic. I guess in a way, it's better than what I had before him: I used to get laid left and right, but those men just hit it and quit it, never to be seen again. I wanted a relationship, just not a platonic one.
When men have shared that they lack sex in their marriage, people tell them to be sweet to his wife, romance her, cherish her, cook for her, buy her something, take her out, send flowers, be sweet, groom himself and look good, and so on and on. I suppose this works the other way around. Have you tried doing any of those things for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can totally understand that. Happiness comes in different forms for different people. But from what I gather - your choice in lifestyle doesn't have anything to do with the negatives of marriage but of the positives of your chosen path - correct?
No, it's both. Plain and simple, marriage is a union that benefits Government, religion, women, and children all at the expense of men.

Quote:
So even if you knew tons of extremely happily married couples who couldn't keep their hands off of each other -
I see people happily drink and smoke everyday but I still chose not to do either because it's harmful to my body..

Quote:
you still would be happier with your alternative life - right?
YES!

Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
No, it's both. Plain and simple, marriage is a union that benefits Government, religion, women, and children all at the expense of men.
It depends on the folk involved. My husband is 100x better off married than he was single.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Ah! But.... If you have had sex with, say, a rich athlete, I wonder if you still feel the same way.
What does money have to do with sex?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It depends on the folk involved. My husband is 100x better off married than he was single.
BECAUSE (with all due respect) he married UP. You're a well paid (and hot) scientist.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What does money have to do with sex?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:42 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When men have shared that they lack sex in their marriage, people tell them to be sweet to his wife, romance her, cherish her, cook for her, buy her something, take her out, send flowers, be sweet, groom himself and look good, and so on and on. I suppose this works the other way around. Have you tried doing any of those things for him?
It doesn't work that way, because there is a double standard. The guy should be lucky that he's being offered sex, therefore its a reward within itself. That's what makes marriage a fools game.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:

I see people happily drink and smoke everyday but I still chose not to do either because it's harmful to my body..

YES!
So - if you thought marriage was more favorable to me - you'd want to get married?

Just for the record - marriage is what you make of it. I know many, many men that are much happier now that they are married. Part of it is choosing the right partner. When I married my husband - I honestly felt like no two people had ever been so in love. Well, I still kind of feel that way - and I'm sure other people feel the same way about their marriages. I don't think you should get married unless you feel that way - but a lot of people do.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
BECAUSE (with all due respect) he married UP. You're a well paid (and hot) scientist.
We're pretty similar in the grand scheme of things, so I don't look at it as up or down per se. If a man is concerned about finances he should marry a professional equal. The vast majority of my colleagues are married to other techies. That's pretty typical ime.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I responded to the OP, as below. 40 years was never even hinted at.
I never put in a timeline..didnt think i needed to. 5 years or 40 years..didnt matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships