Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
I don't know man, I had the same doubt. Since taller men are supposedly better "protectors", they should have eliminated all the midget men of this world by now, don't know why those unwanted short men still exist.
Like I said, because of short women.

Although not as big a deal for men, I think it would make sense for both women AND men to prefer height, since height is often a sign of health and genetic superiority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I liked how you spun that into 'women won't date short men' again. It's getting old, just drop it already. People are starting not to care.
Don't believe everything you read Doll Eyes.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
WNBA players are usually in the range of 6'2" and above, at that height it does become tough for women to find the right man since there aren't too many men who are more than 6'2" in the first place and since they won't date shorter men because of their "preferences", they have trouble finding the right man.
I think Yao Ming's wife, also a basketball player, is about 6'3". Yet she'd STILL look like a midget compared to him lol.

Do you think Yao could be with a 4'9" woman? Is that even possible? Especially down there.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 AM

474 posts, read 495,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like I said, because of short women.

Although not as big a deal for men, I think it would make sense for both women AND men to prefer height, since height is often a sign of health and genetic superiority.
Not sure about that totally, read this:

BBC News - Tall people 'more likely to develop cancer'

Also, I know men who are 6'2" and above that have a lot of problems with lower back pain, knee arthritis etc etc, not that shorter men don't have them but it's usually more prevalent in the men who are taller than 6'2" or so.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
I think Yao Ming's wife, also a basketball player, is about 6'3". Yet she'd STILL look like a midget compared to him lol.

Do you think Yao could be with a 4'9" woman? Is that even possible? Especially down there.
It makes it way easier for the woman to "do" certain things.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Don't believe everything you read Doll Eyes.

Yup, uh huh.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times
Quote:
I knew you would ask this, but yes there's a lot of difference between something that's temporary and something that's done permanently.
Not when they're both covering up the same thing, INSECURITY! You have already admitted you are insecure and displeased with your height, so much so that you're turning to surgery. So its a fact you are a insecure short man. Wow shocker

Like I said, short men who are not bitter have no problems getting the women they want.

Last edited by Shysister; 03-26-2012 at 12:44 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Not when they're both covering up the same thing, INSECURITY! You have already admitted you are insect and displeased with your height, so much so that you're turning to surgery. So its a fact you are a insecure short man. Wow shocker

Like I said, short men who are not bitter have no problems getting the women they want.
As said earlier, you dwell on assumptions. Going by your assumptions, all women that wear heels(which is almost all of them) because of their insecurity then. I am getting the surgery done to increase my options to choose women from a wider dating pool, for example those ones that didn't date me now because I am not 6' will suddenly not have the same excuse to deny me. So it's not necessarily because I am insecure about it, but then I assume an "intellectual" woman like you won't get this point anyway.

Also, why am I an insect???? Is that one of those "logical" conclusions that come from your intellectual brain that says that all shorter men are "insects"?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous statement. Height has nothing to do with femininity.
It might sound ridiculous but many people think women should be short/average and men average/tall. Like DOLL stating she has been told she's too tall for a woman, it means its not feminine.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Because that's what it is isn't it. Try as hard you want to, you can't deny that. I am not blaming them for it, I am just saying that they perhaps don't deserve to get men because of their "preferences". And it's you making the assumptions here, I didn't say anything explicit.

You took a simple statement I made about taller women not being able to find proper men and turned it into yet again: they can't find men because they aren't willing to date shorter men. You sound ridiculous saying "they don't deserve to get men because of their preferences." Really? I bet you said that with a straight face too. Anyways: lets agree to stop communicating with one another. Starting now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships