U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,066,055 times

Advertisements

Do not forget the snake that he really is. Even wolves can pose in lambs clothing....keep steppin', keep your head high, and NEVER look back.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 PM

44,829 posts, read 56,154,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
OK moving day. Hardly slept all night. Got up as soon as I heard the first bird sing.

More sorting out, the removal people will be here in 2 hours.

Then this house will be a distant memory. Its four walls, which could tell of laughter, tears, Easters and Christmases.....young children, now turned to teenagers. Dreams and sadness, 9 years of stories and now this chapter ends.

I will look back and remember - and will thank God for this Exodus day. A Personal Passover Week for me. A day to remember in years to come.

God has held me and kept me all these years, he dried my tears he lifted me when I was trodden down. My husband must go his own way now. He must find his own path and he must face the consequences of the verbal, emotional and physical abuse he meted out to innocent people who tried to love him.

I hope he can find help for himself. I will not shut the door on him completely, but I will build a new life away from his control and erratic behaviours. A new life is calling me now. I feel free already.

Wishing you and your family peace and healing Jenna.

Happy Easter!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 AM

487 posts, read 367,840 times
Sure would like to know what is going on. Did he manage to weasel his way into her bed??? I hope now, but these kind of transitions are so hard.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM

27,662 posts, read 21,597,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
Sure would like to know what is going on. Did he manage to weasel his way into her bed??? I hope now, but these kind of transitions are so hard.
She had moving people coming yesterday.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM

11,437 posts, read 4,763,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
She had moving people coming yesterday.
And didn't she say it would take awhile for the new computer connexion to be operational?

Still, I'm anxious to hear too,and am wishing her well. It can be very difficult to break emotional habits/reactions of so many years duration. I hope she can be strong and confident holding to these new boundaries.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 PM

3,322 posts, read 3,234,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
And didn't she say it would take awhile for the new computer connexion to be operational?

Still, I'm anxious to hear too,and am wishing her well. It can be very difficult to break emotional habits/reactions of so many years duration. I hope she can be strong and confident holding to these new boundaries.
Me too, I am worried about her.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM

17,894 posts, read 17,387,540 times
This sounds like my life..... from several years ago..... In the months or years to come be careful who you choose as a potential mate. I know you are not thinking of it now, just as men was the last thing on my mind when I left my husband.

Several months later I found the perfect man. Everyone else could see what a whatever he was but me. My blinders were on and I could only see what I thought were the good things and nothing else existed.

I see ever wrong step I made now, looking back, but while in the moments, I knew something was strange but I went with it anyway because he was not my ex.

He was everything he wasn't.

In time I found he was everything he was but just much smarter with it. And then some....

Almost five years later I am where I am supposed to be and more happy in life than ever. I was very careful, almost too careful.... but I sit here, and I know that I am happy in life and that all is well, and for once in life, my family agrees.....

Now I am gonna be late for work but hey, I thought I'd send this message.....

Happy Monday! Happy New Life!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:12 AM

12,669 posts, read 8,919,446 times
I hope you are safe, well, happy Jenna.

Live in peace, harmony, tranquility.

Have an Awesome day.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,449,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post

I've been following this thread by lurking. I am anxious as well to hear from the OP. Hope everything went well for her.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 PM

5,501 posts, read 2,449,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Last night in this house. Hubby has been very tearful and upset, which has upset me. He has cried and told me he loves me so much. That he knows its his fault. That he wishes he could change things. Really made my heart break. But I just told him that he needed space too. We both do. I tried to be as kind as I could be. If he is truly sorry and if he wants to change he will need to get counselling and so do I.

I don't know if I would ever live with him again. Its been so traumatic breaking away.

What a sad, sad day it has been.

But, I do need to be away from him and in my own space. He can't come into the rental house because its in my name. Just trying to keep things calm so that my children won't be too affected. Once I am away from him I will be able to see things more clearly.

Have had moments of doubt, but my heart brought me to this place. I KNEW I couldn't stay with him, or buy that house with him.....it wouldn't have been fair on me or him.

Time and space is needed. Hubby is working tonight. Tomorrow is moving day.

End of an era.
Jenna, you've given your husband plenty of time to change, at this point...it's entirely up to you whether you can continue to endure emotional abuse without expecting him to change...the ball is in your court, so to speak. At any rate, please be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.