U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,186,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thats what abusers do Jenna. In other words, his attempts to break you down psychologically, emotionally, spiritually, physically and other way didn't happen.

Hes the epitomy of a LOSER Jenna. Stop letting him engage you in his mind games.
Sooooo true. He told me yesterday that what I was doing was wrong. He said I should be listening to God. He is using the God card now. This from someone who refused to go to church with me for years, made fun of my faith, told me "God should get his finger out" and "F.....off to your God" - so he will be the last person I will be listening to sermon wise.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Why did he say that? What was that in response to?

I don't think anyone is indestructible. Some can take a lot more than others but it eventually takes a toll.

He said it because I told him how he had destroyed our marriage with his nasty words and abusive behaviours.

He looked really thoughtful.

I thought it was an odd thing to say. Was he trying so hard to break me? Did he think it was OK to abuse me because I was Superwoman?

Truly stupid thing to say.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM

7,694 posts, read 10,070,309 times
So, he thought that since you could take it, he should be as mean as possible? Then tried to say the lord wants you to stay in that abusive relationship? Nice! People wonder why others hate organized religion?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM

8,868 posts, read 13,847,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
He said it because I told him how he had destroyed our marriage with his nasty words and abusive behaviours.

He looked really thoughtful.

I thought it was an odd thing to say. Was he trying so hard to break me? Did he think it was OK to abuse me because I was Superwoman?

Truly stupid thing to say.
Yes, it was.

And it's noise, at least that's what I call it. It's like that static you hear on a dead channel on TV. It's distracting, annoying and keeps you from concentrating on what's really important. Keep his toxic arse away as much as you possibly can.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, he thought that since you could take it, he should be as mean as possible? Then tried to say the lord wants you to stay in that abusive relationship? Nice! People wonder why others hate organized religion?

He never went to church.....he said he thought he may be a christian...but the actions speak louder than words......

But, he knows I have a strong faith, so wants to wield it around now.....he says God gave him peace about our situation

True faith, true Christianity, true love does NOT abuse.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Yes, it was.

And it's noise, at least that's what I call it. It's like that static you hear on a dead channel on TV. It's distracting, annoying and keeps you from concentrating on what's really important. Keep his toxic arse away as much as you possibly can.

Its a real racket alright!!! Turn that noise down!

Yes, I know....toxic arse...far, far away.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM

8,175 posts, read 14,256,731 times
Jenna, unless it's a conversation about the children, their welfare, or settling up finances and splitting assets, do not engage him in conversation. You are not ready, first; and second, it only encourages him.

I know it's hard - many of us have been through this and we are speaking from experience. Stop having conversations with him. Tell him to not come over to your house, not to ring the bell; you will swap the kids in a public place. I am concerned about you - and I know others are as well. Please tell me you start your counselling soon.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM

19,632 posts, read 53,495,108 times
Pleaase listen to NY Annie! You cannot talk to him about other.stuff as it just gives him an opening to play mind-games.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM

15,710 posts, read 22,767,205 times
HAVE YOUR STOCK REPLY PREPARED, and then leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Jenna, unless it's a conversation about the children, their welfare, or settling up finances and splitting assets, do not engage him in conversation. You are not ready, first; and second, it only encourages him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
You cannot talk to him about other.stuff as it just gives him an opening to play mind-games.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 AM

8,175 posts, read 14,256,731 times
Jenna, I have no DM from you and you have not updated here in a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or