Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 10:20 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Jenna, I have no DM from you and you have not updated here in a week.
I too hope she gets in touch soon!!

Her husband sounded like he was getting more and more desperate so I do hope she has been able to set some firm boundaries with him!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I too hope she gets in touch soon!!

Her husband sounded like he was getting more and more desperate so I do hope she has been able to set some firm boundaries with him!

I know, that's one of my concerns - he was pushing and not leaving her alone for a minute.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:30 PM

133 posts, read 192,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So good to hear from you and I'm glad you are okay.

But WHY are you letting this man in your new home?

If he wants to see your kids, drop them off at his place of at a public spot.

You are really confusing him by allowing him to come into your home!

Big mistake. When you moved you werent supposed to tell him where you are. Now he's in your home,,, silly girl.. I was trying to read through from the beginning but I am done here. Soon he will be abusing you in your rented home. Did you sign a 12 months lease? It will be a year before you can think of freedom again.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:37 PM

133 posts, read 192,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
NO. Not a lot of "coincidences", you gave him access. If you had moved to your new home and did not allow him in, there is no way he would have seen or had access to your Blackberry.

I can't think of a single person who uses such a device as their phone and access to the internet who would leave it behind. It goes in your bag when you leave for the day, it's with you, or it's in your house.

So, how did he get in to your bag? How did he get in to your house? Were you in the car together and he went through your bag?

NO! There is no way he would have had access had you set up the boundaries people were talking about.

Further, I agree with another poster that you should not let him continue to control you by making you anxious or even fearful to post here.

Now you really need to step up and get strong and set those boundaries. He's snooping through your things! In what world is that acceptable?!
Exactly why was he that close to your blackberry? Because he was all in your home going through your phone. I know the abuse victims go through alot . My experience is that abuse victims put people through alot with the whole living off of feelings leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces after he has abused you to bits we support you through this just for him to be back in your home with his hands on your personal property.

No the same ways we think of you , please think of us. How sad we are when you cry and make some better decisions.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Jenna, update us please. PM if your husband is still reading CD. We are concerned for you.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
Hello, sorry....didn't post on here before, I did say to message me if you wanted to speak to me and the thread had retreated to the next pages, I didn't want to be some attention seeker, hogging space - so thats why I didn't post on here. But thank you, thank you, BIG thank you for your concern, your advice. I do appreciate it all.

But, everything is fine. I am still in my rented house. Enjoyiing the space. Hubby has said he has changed, had an encounter with God....he plans to get baptised in Water soon......and indeed when I have seen him, he has been like a LIVING SAINT!!!! Of course, my guard is up. I am not completely stupid or gullible. He is making an effort, he says he has got a renewed faith and he swears before God he will NEVER hurt me again. All good. But, I have been too hurt to say "OK , thats fine, move back in". So he will be disappointed. He looks terrible, teary eyes, whole misery thing surrounding him.....its sad. He says his life is nothing without me and the children. He just is sorry. He admits it is all his fault.

So, at least he is not at the door with a gun!!!!! I just enjoy being free. No more swearing!!!! No more walking on eggshells!!! No more waiting for the next lunatic induced storm. Hurrah!!!!

I WILL keep you posted. I am safe, I am free. My kids are doing fine. Thanks again. If I could, I would hug each one of you and give you a high 5!!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM

403 posts, read 867,499 times
Change isn't a one month process. Most alcoholics can stop drinking for a month but rarely make a year. Abuse is the same way, he can "change" while living apart a month but true change isn't proven for at least a year.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
Change isn't a one month process. Most alcoholics can stop drinking for a month but rarely make a year. Abuse is the same way, he can "change" while living apart a month but true change isn't proven for at least a year.

True. He is being watched....very closely.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks, Jenna, for updating us. I sent you another DM before I saw that you had posted here.

I'm glad you are keeping your resolve and your guard up. Enjoy the peace and tranquility and don't forget to go to counselling!

Old 05-13-2012, 04:24 PM

He took my daughter and son out to get something to eat, they were squabbling a bit, he told my daughter, that she caused problems between him and me, he told her NOT to go telling her mum that he had told her off that it caused problems. He said she was half the problem. My daughter is not sure he has changed that much. He has been faultless with me. Sunshine and light. He tells me it is easy for him to stay calm, that he has a renewed faith, knows he must trust God. He has seen the light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK. Well, if that is true, time will surely tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships