Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 10:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I read that post, it doesn't sound as something extraordinary, general indifference is widespread in the developed societies. My former wife refused to visit her dying grandfather, refused to attend his funerals (because she doesn't want to be reminded about death and dying, that was her excuse), even though me, a stranger, insisted on both accounts. Guess what, she thought of my insistence as "emotional abuse" too. The rest items on the list, don't strike my eyes as something that most people don't go through. Yes, girl, abuse free paradise is just around the corner.
Gee, I've never had a relationship where someone hit me, slapped me, kicked me, called me names, didn't talk to me for three days, etc. I guess abuse free paradise isn't around the corner for me - it's right here.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I believe, yes, most people do it, some more than others. People snap, people get into zombie states, people go berserk,.. people do all sorts of things. If you find somebody who doesn't, he must be an extraterrestrial zombie setting up a subspace beacon for the invading hordes . "Belittling" another loose term, and yes people belittle their kids all the time to "inspire" them for greatness and successful rat race.
Hell knows what sterile environment you all live in.
Well, if this post is based on your experiences - then you are either an abuser trying to justify his actions or a sufferer of abuse in denial.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:41 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
You don't even know what your talking about. In this particular case, the terms are appropriate because he has slapped her, kicked her, and has been a general bully to his wife and daughter. That is not normal and it is abusive. Any blind moron would be able to see that.
I don't want to get personal here, but my wife used to throw heavy objects at me without any regard to my life and safety, it could kill, no kidding, yet I don't scream "abuse", "I'm an abused male". No, it's not abuse, it's the fact that you learn about your true value to another human being only after you lose all the utility to that particular human being. For some reason, women who no longer view you as a promising investment, go mad, literally, it's like they try to revenge all that time they could invest more profitably elsewhere, and they put everything they've got in that throw. The smallest things are being bloated to cosmic proportions and everything snowballs from there. Don't seek excuses, leave, why rationalize something your nature calls for? Live it up to your new dreams, no matter how deluded those are. One of these days you'll hit a jackpot, all those self-help books can't be wrong.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:42 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
Quote:
I believe, yes, most people do it, some more than others. People snap, people get into zombie states, people go berserk,.. people do all sorts of things. If you find somebody who doesn't, he must be an extraterrestrial zombie setting up a subspace beacon for the invading hordes . "Belittling" another loose term, and yes people belittle their kids all the time to "inspire" them for greatness and successful rat race.
Hell knows what sterile environment you all live in.
Nope I've never had a relationship where some guy beat me up on a daily basis. It's not normal and it's not ok. And if you do that, then quit trying to justify it. If the shoe fits.... And belittling...to make somebody seem less than and bullying others is never a good thing.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:45 PM

550 posts, read 984,516 times
Quote:
I don't want to get personal here, but my wife used to throw heavy objects at me without any regard to my life and safety, it could kill, no kidding, yet I don't scream "abuse", "I'm an abused male". No, it's not abuse, it's the fact that you learn about your true value to another human being only after you lose all the utility to that particular human being. For some reason, women who no longer view you as a promising investment, go mad, literally, it's like they try to revenge all that time they could invest more profitably elsewhere, and they put everything they've got in that throw. The smallest things are being bloated to cosmic proportions and everything snowballs from there. Don't seek excuses, leave, why rationalize something your nature calls for? Live it up to your new dreams, no matter how deluded those are. One of these days you'll hit a jackpot, all those self-help books can't be wrong.
So your wife tried to kill you by throwing heavy things at you and you don't see anything wrong with that? LOL

Old 07-20-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Gee, I've never had a relationship where someone hit me, slapped me, kicked me, called me names, didn't talk to me for three days, etc. I guess abuse free paradise isn't around the corner for me - it's right here.
Just wait, a person so sensitive to "abuse" will experience it sooner or later. Again, "abuse" became a code word for "I want to leave you", it's a simple rationalization, once you'll decide to leave (for whatever reason), you'll come up with a particular kind of abuse to suit you, 100%

Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Nope I've never had a relationship where some guy beat me up on a daily basis. It's not normal and it's not ok. And if you do that, then quit trying to justify it. If the shoe fits.... And belittling...to make somebody seem less than and bullying others is never a good thing.
I never implied beatings up on the a daily basis, and you know that.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Yes - that is abuse. And - no, her behavior is not how "women" act. It's how that ONE woman acted. I suggest you deal with what you went through and stop blaming the entire gender. You obviously have a lot of anger and resentment - that's not healthy.

Healthy relationships are not like that. I would NEVER throw something at my husband. I would NEVER attempt to hurt him in any way. And I would NEVER stay with someone who tried to hurt me in any way.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Just wait, a person so sensitive to "abuse" will experience it sooner or later. Again, "abuse" became a code word for "I want to leave you", it's a simple rationalization, once you'll decide to leave (for whatever reason), you'll come up with a particular kind of abuse to suit you, 100%
This shows your ignorance about abuse.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
So your wife tried to kill you by throwing heavy things at you and you don't see anything wrong with that? LOL
No she didn't try to kill me, she just didn't care where all those heavy objects fly, she wrote me off before our divorce not after. Yup, she came up with her own abuse stories. I never ever hit her, I never ever called her "bad names", but we did have our problems, and it's OK to leave if you think you cannot deal with that. But why to come up with this virtually mandatory "abuse" rationalization? Just leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships