U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:40 PM

35,124 posts, read 35,816,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'm not trying to make you look like anything. I don't have that kind of power. Feel free to own it.

Again, clueless conviction. Carry on.

You are too funny, you do not understand and never will understand and honestly I could care less whether you ever do understand.

Just for your information I have been FREE to do whatever I CHOOSE TO DO since I was 13 years old.

If you ever want to compare "abuse" notes, let me know I'll be more than happy to put you in tears.

Next.....

Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 PM

53,790 posts, read 70,358,810 times
leaving a spouse is like quitting a job its feels good for awhile and empowering but boy do u miss the paycheck later.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,086,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Hello......I have a job. Always have. Never ever been out of work. Since I left school.
Great.

So you have means of supporting yourself and even less reason to stay in an unhealthy marriage.

Tell ya what, why don't you get back to us when you've actually left?

Until then you're just repeating the same old...

he's mean to me, I'll post online for advice then ignore it!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 PM

8,698 posts, read 13,434,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are too funny, you do not understand and never will understand....
We can agree there. It's like Spam; mystery meat. No nutritional value. Luckily for you, plenty of people will eat it because it's there. They're just too lazy to shop for the real stuff.

Quote:
Just for your information I have been FREE to do whatever I CHOOSE TO DO since I was 13 years old.
Irrelevant. But this is all about you and your victory, so I can see how you would be tempted to brag.

Quote:
If you ever want to compare "abuse" notes, let me know
LOL...so this is a competition for you. Your abuse is bigger than my abuse. Neener neener.

Quote:
I'll be more than happy to put you in tears.
I'm sure you would.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:19 PM

2,396 posts, read 4,597,828 times
Quote:
I only went back with him because he had a big, big change and I felt almost duty bound to give it a spin.

But, I had serious doubts 2 months in, when I caught him being nasty to our Daughter.

Since then I have been carping and moaning. yes. That's true.

Now I have to take action....AGAIN. And I don't care if I get zero respect from you.
Jenna, do yourself a favor and type that into a text document so you can just cut & paste it into every post. Because you've been saying the same thing over and over.

You have yet to respond to anyone advising you to talk to a lawyer. ARE YOU GOING TO TALK TO A LAWYER?

And what is your real plan? You need to do exactly as others have advised ... Get money, have a place to stay, and get out. PassTheChocolate is correct in pointing out that you really don't have a plan. so MAKE A PLAN -- a real, detailed plan.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:22 PM

38,059 posts, read 29,996,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Jenna, do yourself a favor and type that into a text document so you can just cut & paste it into every post. Because you've been saying the same thing over and over.

You have yet to respond to anyone advising you to talk to a lawyer. ARE YOU GOING TO TALK TO A LAWYER?

And what is your real plan? You need to do exactly as others have advised ... Get money, have a place to stay, and get out. PassTheChocolate is correct in pointing out that you really don't have a plan. so MAKE A PLAN -- a real, detailed plan.
I second this whole heartedly. The "non plan" that you have now is doomed to failure, Jenna. I suspect that you may already know this. What is stopping you from doing this in a rational, sensible, legally sound manner?

You don't have to answer that question in a public forum, but you really need to figure this out for yourself. Until you do so, you are complicit and in fact an active participant in your own abusive marriage. And you're not doing your kids any favors either. In fact, your passivity and refusal to take control of this situation is KEEPING THEM in an abusive home. In other words, you share some of the responsibility.

It takes two to tango, and you're still dancing away with this fool.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,137,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I second this whole heartedly. The "non plan" that you have now is doomed to failure, Jenna. I suspect that you may already know this. What is stopping you from doing this in a rational, sensible, legally sound manner?

You don't have to answer that question in a public forum, but you really need to figure this out for yourself. Until you do so, you are complicit and in fact an active participant in your own abusive marriage. And you're not doing your kids any favors either. In fact, your passivity and refusal to take control of this situation is KEEPING THEM in an abusive home. In other words, you share some of the responsibility.

It takes two to tango, and you're still dancing away with this fool.
OK this is the plan

1 - go to his parents house tomorrow with his bags.
2 - tell him its over outside the old folks house, not in view of them.
3 - give him a letter detailing my thoughts and determination to divorce.
4 - speak to the in laws on the phone and tell them what has happened.
5 - go home.
6 - Get the house valued, text H - no talking to him by phone.....find out if he is ok with me staying in the house until its finished or does he want me to sell it pronto.
7 - Tell the kids what has happened.
8 - Bank account for me.( I have a bit of time with this as hubby is not controlling with money at all and I don't get paid till end of month)
9 - Tell the rest of my family what has happened - tell them to fricken shut up if they start telling me to go back and keep loving him.
10 - see solicitor about divorce.
11 - inform H divorce papers on their way.

RESIST RESIST ALL TEARY EYES. All pleadings and promises. Now that is the hard bit.

ok USA - I hear ya........attention seeker from England is on her way Baby.....................

Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM

5,348 posts, read 15,457,765 times
Quote:
OK this is the plan

5 - go home.
6 - Get the house valued, text H - no talking to him by phone.....find out if he is ok with me staying in the house until its finished or does he want me to sell it pronto.
8 - Bank account for me.( I have a bit of time with this as hubby is not controlling with money at all and I don't get paid till end of month)
9 - Tell the rest of my family what has happened - tell them to fricken shut up if they start telling me to go back and keep loving him.

RESIST RESIST ALL TEARY EYES. All pleadings and promises. Now that is the hard bit.

ok USA - I hear ya........attention seeker from England is on her way Baby.....................
I'd move up #8 higher on the list. I don't care what you think he'll do about finances, you'll end up being surprised when he closes the account to you or empties it. Get your new bank account quickly and have your pay check go to it. I'd also get some cash out now in case he beats you to it.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:43 PM

8,698 posts, read 13,434,658 times
Quote:
OK this is the plan

5 - go home.

I hope it works, and that you are able to follow through. I know it's tough, but keep your eye on the prize; freedom from abuse, a healthier life and a better example for your kids. No matter how grown they are, they will see this as something to live up to.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM

10,987 posts, read 8,784,168 times
Quote:
OK this is the plan

5 - go home.

#10 needs to be #1 so you know whether or not 2-10 are legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or