U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,824,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Just be careful like others have said if there is any chance it could turn physical. Fortunately in most cases, manipulative bullies are not as tough as they pretend to be when the game is over. Once they realize their victim is no longer their victim, things can change but if there is even a hint that he would be dangerous, get a protective order and a gun.
This is actually the most dangerous time- once he finds out.
She'd better ask the police to be there when she tells him; also take the rest of the advice on protecting herself.
Reminds me of Sleeping With The Enemy.
Abusive people don't just let their victims go.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,165,680 times
One night left in this old house with the old man who was always a snake.

One more night. Before I tell him.

I have booked the removal van for Thursday am.

I have been taking things up to my rented home all day. So tired.

Told someone at church via email about it - they haven't replied yet and I keep thinking how shocked they all will be - fancy leaving her husband, how awful!!!!!

Do not want to be pitied. Or judged.

I have tried for 20 years of marriage to turn things around. But my heart is gone for him.
I feel sad that I have to go to a different church as I loved my old one. But I just can't face everyone after all this and also its a bit far to travel every Sunday.

I feel scared and excited, scared about telling hubby, scared of his emotions his disbelief. Afraid to see that look of pain in those snake eyes. To see those crocodile tears as he snaps his teeth at me. "Oh, please don't leave me, please......"

I will have to play it down, just till his shock subsides. I will tell him that I am going to live away from him and get counselling, need to figure things out. Then once he has got over the shock and maybe got his own rented place and is more settled I can tell him that I want a divorce.

I cannot believe that THIS is my week! My Exodus week!!!!

The gate is unlocked and my bags are packed.

20 years of marriage. 20 years of being told to F....off. Well, I am going to F off. I did warn him. Course he has been lovey dovey in between told me how he doesn't want anyone else, that I am the only woman he has ever loved or will ever love.

Feel sick thinking about that. But I know its just lies. If he really loved me he would not have treated me the way he has. He has had so many chances.

My son doesn't know yet. Will tell him tomorrow am.

Its going to be such a hard, traumatic week. But, I truly don't care what anyone thinks anymore. I have just had enough of living a sham marriage, a marriage of lies. I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than llive with a man, I keep wishing would drop dead.

Ok, I am off to do more work. Hubby comes home at 7.30 pm. Put the act on. Sleep in the same bed without touching him, hopefully, then one more day before he knows.

I won't be on here till Sunday prob. As the new rented home will have to have the Internet connection set up.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM

45,270 posts, read 85,146,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
One night left in this old house with the old man who was always a snake.

One more night. Before I tell him.

I have booked the removal van for Thursday am.

I have been taking things up to my rented home all day. So tired.

Told someone at church via email about it - they haven't replied yet and I keep thinking how shocked they all will be - fancy leaving her husband, how awful!!!!!

Do not want to be pitied. Or judged.

I have tried for 20 years of marriage to turn things around. But my heart is gone for him.
I feel sad that I have to go to a different church as I loved my old one. But I just can't face everyone after all this and also its a bit far to travel every Sunday.

I feel scared and excited, scared about telling hubby, scared of his emotions his disbelief. Afraid to see that look of pain in those snake eyes. To see those crocodile tears as he snaps his teeth at me. "Oh, please don't leave me, please......"

I will have to play it down, just till his shock subsides. I will tell him that I am going to live away from him and get counselling, need to figure things out. Then once he has got over the shock and maybe got his own rented place and is more settled I can tell him that I want a divorce.

I cannot believe that THIS is my week! My Exodus week!!!!

The gate is unlocked and my bags are packed.

20 years of marriage. 20 years of being told to F....off. Well, I am going to F off. I did warn him. Course he has been lovey dovey in between told me how he doesn't want anyone else, that I am the only woman he has ever loved or will ever love.

Feel sick thinking about that. But I know its just lies. If he really loved me he would not have treated me the way he has. He has had so many chances.

My son doesn't know yet. Will tell him tomorrow am.

Its going to be such a hard, traumatic week. But, I truly don't care what anyone thinks anymore. I have just had enough of living a sham marriage, a marriage of lies. I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than llive with a man, I keep wishing would drop dead.

Ok, I am off to do more work. Hubby comes home at 7.30 pm. Put the act on. Sleep in the same bed without touching him, hopefully, then one more day before he knows.

I won't be on here till Sunday prob. As the new rented home will have to have the Internet connection set up.

Just keep your wits about you. And be careful not to gloat when you tell him - that might enrage him and put you in danger.

Please do come back as soon as you are able to give us an update, we care!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,825,364 times
Thanks for the update. You will be in my prayers..I do hope she called the Police for help.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,477,030 times
Please be careful Jenna!

I will be thinking of you till you post on here again!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM

54,805 posts, read 71,560,409 times
i dont get it i raise my voice its abuse and the cops show up. she screams throws things goes on spending debt binges for days but that is asserting her independence and expressing her feelings.
i dont get it.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM

72 posts, read 57,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I do hope she called the Police for help.
People like you should be locked up for life!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM

8,778 posts, read 13,671,008 times
Praying things are going well for you, Jenna, and continue to go well. Please keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Funny how love works.

The love of our lives turn into snakes who we hate. Not making a judgment call on anyone, just making an observation.

You may be doing your husband a favor by kicking him in the pants. Hopefully he will become a better man from all of this.
The people we leave are rarely the ones we fell in love with.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,477,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdan View Post

Why's that?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 PM

45,270 posts, read 85,146,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdan View Post
who are you talking to? This post makes no sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or