Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times

Advertisements

Good luck, sweetie

Been there, done that. All I can say is things are definitely going to get better.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:09 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
So basically you're saying people can only be praised, never criticized, for posts. Okay.
You really need to get a life.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Welcome to my world!

You are not the only one going through this.

Thing is he would have lost everything when u leave. Guys only get every other weekend.

I wish u well on your new life. I'm right behind u in seven years.
I sympathise with you and anyone else going through this. You are intending to leave in 7 years? Is that when the children are older?

My children are old enough now, independant.....I waited a long time for this Great Escape!

I am so, so excited about my new life!

My jailer will try and keep me locked in!

But I am going for the exit with a song in my heart and a spring in my feet.

Just wish I didn't feel sooooo tired. Been packing up the house while he is out. But he is back later and the pretence is very wearing!

Just hope I can get the keys tomorrow......the waiting is difficult.

I swear his parents are getting nervous, they keep asking me if the valuation has been done and how long it will take to move into the new house

They know he is a bit of a looney! Well, they will have to help him in his new life. Cos, it is OVER for me! No more F.... off...etc.etc.etc. HAPPY!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Abusive? Right.

She only mentioned name calling and swearing.

Find me one woman on here that hasn't done that to her husband?

I think this move will not fix anything for her. But...happy trails till you find yourself.

Right here mate.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
So, you make a post about it on the internet before even telling him..? Very classy.
Quote:
So basically you're saying people can only be praised, never criticized, for posts. Okay.
^^^

Sounds exactly like the stuff my sister's Dad used to say right before he beat the crap out of my Mother.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
You know your own strength now! Good for you to know your worth too! Don't look back!

Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Oh, yes, they become nice WHEN they think you are leaving. I have almost 30 years in with the last 3 being unbelievable. A couple of weeks ago, he called during lunch to say "I'm ready to get help now, is it too late." I said "Yes, about 3 years." He is always ready to get help if it looks like I have an opening to escape. Do not give into this. Stay strong. Do use caution because in my first marriage when I left, it got much rougher before it was over. I am hoping to leave in the next couple months but we are trying to resolve some issues first, not related to our relationship. As you can imagine, I am so happy for you so be strong and safe and extremely cautious if you plan to enter another relationship in the future because just about anyone can be nicey, nicey for a limited period of time. And, I am guessing this is a narcissist and if I am right, you are going about this in just the right way. You have an obligation to yourself and your children when in a situation like this and the way you are leaving is on target. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times
Good luck! My ex was like yours. Always sorry and ready to do better when I had one foot out the door but of course always went back to the same old same once I was manipulated into giving him another chance.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:54 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
This does go both ways; a guy that is extremely close to me is finally done with the abusive, vicious, degrading bit*h of a girlfriend he's been with for 3 miserable years. She has texted him, 24/7, called him non stop, demanded to control where he is & with whom, etc. And as sweet as he has been, as complying as he has been, it's never been enough for the whackjob. She's insulted him, embarrassed him & started to physically attack him....
That's when I stepped in
All I know is she will never lay a hand on him again

Just realize there are always signs; many people ignore the early signs they're being slowly but surely owned, controlled & dominated.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times
Got the keys in my hand for the house. Started moving my stuff in! Hubby is suspicious something is up, but he doesn't know yet!
Love the house so much, pretty view, peaceful.

My daughter is feeling a bit guilty, but my son doesn't know yet. Its going to be a tough week, because I intend to move out next Tuesday!!!! Will have to tell him Tuesday night.

No, I won't change my mind. Too many insults, verbal abuse, too many chances...too many tears I have cried.

Cry me a River, Cry me a River....I cried a River over you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships