U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,059,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not marriageable AT 18, but the kind that if you're dating to get married, you could date for 3, 4 years and end up marrying. However I do know a number of people who got married at 19 and are still married after many years.

What I meant is that at 18, you are still likely to find someone who has marriage in mind even if it's a few years away, but at age 35, the odds are much more against that.
maybe in a small rural town in the midwest or south.. Try to come to NYC and tell me how many 18 year old girls are married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM

27,563 posts, read 22,921,049 times
Maybe it's because I live in the South, and things are somewhat different, but this is what I notice. I know alot of people who are getting married and having children by the age of 25. I just found out someone I knew from years ago is 23 years old and engaged, to his 23 year-old girlfriend.

My short story: When to college, got overwhelmed, later had medical problems, took time off from school, went back to school and now I'm about to graduate. What does this have to do with anything?

I'm 25 and the dating scene, has dwindled alot. I won't date anyone under 23 at this point in my life. I'm not in my 30's, but I could understand where the OP is coming from. I'm 25 and I am having trouble with the singles scene.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM

8,067 posts, read 9,229,548 times
I don't understand how hitting your 30's automatically makes the phone stop ringing or makes one suddenly unattractive and unmarketable, unless you are doing something to contribute to your failure. Seriously, I hear people in their 20's complain about how "old" they're getting. Give me a break. When you come across as a fuddy duddy, you're going to lose your mojo, no matter how young or "old" you are.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM

6,727 posts, read 4,080,613 times
get some old ladies i guess..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships