Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,614,987 times

Advertisements

But it's true, in the South if you're not married by 20 you're ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,261,182 times
I disagree with all of this, I'm 46 divorced at 34 and my dating life has never been hotter.

By the way, you say you are 34 with zero to little baggage - IMO a lack of baggage at 34 IS BAGGAGE ITSELF. It means that you have never formed a close enough relationship with someone else to incur baggage...bit of a warning sign to smart women. But maybe you don't want smart.

At your age, head to the gym. There are 30 something women as far as the eye can see, mostly unhappy with themselves and looking for someone to make them feel special. No gym? Try internet dating, challenge yourself to answer a profile you would normally not answer, lower your standards, open your mind and heart. Never refuse an invitation. Try to go somewhere new at least once a month. Forget about "finding" someone, they have probably been there all along, you just haven't taken any notice of them.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I agree. I'm 32 and have found it's more difficult to date now than it was in my 20s. There seem to be fewer available fish, particularly ones with no baggage. I refuse to date a man with kids, and I hesitate to date a guy who's divorced. Since I have never been married, have no kids, am financially secure, and made it a point to make smart life choices, I refuse to settle for someone who's not at least somewhat similar.

I'm attractive, in great shape, have traveled, am educated and have a good personality, so I can't figure out why it's so difficult to meet and connect with similar men. There was one guy who I liked and met most of my criteria, but he wasn't interested in me. My friend (who set us up) said he has unrealistic expectations though, so maybe that was more about him than me. Anyway, yes, it does seem more complicated now than a few years ago.

lol, I know a woman who is in your same shoes. Word for Word.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I disagree with all of this, I'm 46 divorced at 34 and my dating life has never been hotter.

By the way, you say you are 34 with zero to little baggage - IMO a lack of baggage at 34 IS BAGGAGE ITSELF. It means that you have never formed a close enough relationship with someone else to incur baggage...bit of a warning sign to smart women. But maybe you don't want smart.

At your age, head to the gym. There are 30 something women as far as the eye can see, mostly unhappy with themselves and looking for someone to make them feel special. No gym? Try internet dating, challenge yourself to answer a profile you would normally not answer, lower your standards, open your mind and heart. Never refuse an invitation. Try to go somewhere new at least once a month. Forget about "finding" someone, they have probably been there all along, you just haven't taken any notice of them.

so a lack of baggage is a sign that you haven't been damaged enough? WTH. I have heard people say this before to myself included and I still think it's dumb.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,614,987 times
Honestly, I find women in their thirties way more attractive than girls in their 20s. Especially if the women are fit. There is no competition.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM

398 posts, read 749,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Never said I was 34, I'm 31. And no I have little baggage, no kids, no divorce. Didn't I also say I was in two back to back relationships from 24-30? I lived with both of them... So, close but no cigar. Gym? I do triathlons...I'm in shape, not a problem. I've done internet dating also, as I said I meet more people in real life than on there, people on there seem like flakes or want to play video games or something, want to pop out kids, or lack ambition. It isn't that I don't meet people, I meet quite a bit of people, just most of them aren't available. I go somewhere new multiple times a week, much less once a month haha. The whole point is it is quite a bit more difficult, I'm not socially retarded or anything.

I think the one poster was actually right, I've definitely considered a move to LA or NYC for a new and bigger scene.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so a lack of baggage is a sign that you haven't been damaged enough? WTH. I have heard people say this before to myself included and I still think it's dumb.
Finally we agree on something! These people are dumb and they are just jealous that we did not go though all the pain and hardship that they did.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Finally we agree on something! These people are dumb and they are just jealous that we did not go though all the pain and hardship that they did.

LMAO, first time for everything! I don't think they are dumb but I think this ideal is dumb and they aren't the first ones to say it on here. It seems to be a common thought IRL as well. I think it makes a person 'feel better' for lack of a better word about all the mistakes they have made. I just think it's a shame to be written off for not being 'damaged' or 'put through the ringer' enough times, makes no sense to me. But what else is new, nothing many people do made much sense anyways.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM

398 posts, read 749,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO, first time for everything! I don't think they are dumb but I think this ideal is dumb and they aren't the first ones to say it on here. It seems to be a common thought IRL as well. I think it makes a person 'feel better' for lack of a better word about all the mistakes they have made. I just think it's a shame to be written off for not being 'damaged' or 'put through the ringer' enough times, makes no sense to me. But what else is new, nothing many people do made much sense anyways.
Yeah... I don't understand that line of thinking either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Honestly, I find women in their thirties way more attractive than girls in their 20s. Especially if the women are fit. There is no competition.
Oh, I totally agree, it's just that the amount of women in their 30's are probably 1/4 of the available women in their 20's.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,591,194 times
Thank God I am married and not out in the dating world at age 41. This is a very entertaining thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships