Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
With the blunt stuff people say here, they SHOULD NOT be posting their pictures on C-D, for the most part.
Yea, that's really the case for any personal topic at all. It's gets pretty ridiculous. For the most part, tho, ime, folk tend to be pretty nice when it comes to pics. At least initially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Decided to post pics on Hot or Not. I'm going to wait until I have at least 25 people voting on a photo, so I can see which ones of my pics to use or not. So far, the one that I thought was best got a 6.3, and the one that I thought was not as good got a 6.7. As a guy, it does really help to see things from a woman's perspective.

Still, kinda a $hi**y score and I was hoping to score higher

Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM

143 posts, read 296,182 times
Internet dating is stupid; it leaves all the power in the womans hands. I hve always had the most success in person at a bar or some other social function. If you do online, why don't you try a venue other than a dating site. My buddy met his fiance on twitter and also dated many girls from twitter. He was a prolific tweeter and was able to convey his personality to women who had the same interest as him. This might be an option you want to pursue.

Still, I say hitting the social scenes may be your best bet. You are gonna get a lot of regection, but once you get used to it, you will start seeing success.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Default Just don't understand what it takes to meet women?

You said: I am single, I think I am an intelligent guy that is decently good looking. I'm not very tall and I'm stocky/muscular,

Here's what you're really saying: Blah,blah, blah, yada,yada, yada {I don't mean it in a disrespectful way ;0) }

You can be 'Brad Pitt' in the looks department, if she's not open to your approach, there is nothing you can do. Nothing.Her mind set has to be in the frame of mind of being open to you. PERIOD! You can not make her respond nor "like you".

So what do you do? For any guy, no matter how he looks, how smart he is,etc... it's a numbers game.

You have to approach A LOT of women. Most of the time you're going to get turned down, no matter how you look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't let your "looks" stop you.

It's about approaches. Nothing more than that.

It cannot be a casual thing. You just have to do it and know the numbers work in your favor.

Most guys can't get the girlfriends/sex buddies/etc they want because they don't make enough approaches. Most guys are whinny little cry babies when it comes to women. That's why you see all of these threads like this one popping up.

You guys make it so hard. What you should be doing with your time is figuring out which of the women you're going to call not trying to figure out how to get them.

I've read all of the threads about not being able to get replies on Dating websites. I probably get more replies than most guys. Why? I make a TON of contacts. The numbers work in my favor. It makes no difference if it's online or in person.....

Approaches, approaches and more approaches.

You have to be very proactive. It's really a contact sport!

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's about: career, degree, money, looks, etc........IT'S NOT!

It's about the number of contacts/approaches.

Even pimps get turned down more than not.............having women is their business.

You'll get turned down more than not as I stated but you'll also get a fair amount that will respond in kind. :0)

Get good at approaching a lot of women and talking to them. After a while, you'll get better reactions with less effort.

It's not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I occasionally watch daytime talk shows. And in these shows, I see beautiful women (sometimes) with absolutely horrific guys that treat them terribly and do nothing to protect them. Guys who cheat with $2 prostitutes on their wives, and their wives are beautiful! Expose them to diseases, beat them, ignore their kids, and basically act like children who can't control their impulses. And the women beg for them back!

I am single, I think I am an intelligent guy that is decently good looking. I'm not very tall and I'm stocky/muscular, but most girls that I'm friends with tell me that I'm a good catch. (Of course, they could just be being nice ). I have a good job, a full head of hair, and no drugs/alcohol abuse. I would never dream of treating a lady this way. I'm not saying that I'm not strong willed or will never disagree with her. But disagreement or sticking to your beliefs is different than outwardly treating her like a ragdoll. Meeting women just seems so difficult. I've had 3 dates in the last year off a major dating service, and none worked out.

Is their some site where I can post my pics (anonymously) to see what women think of me, physically? I say physically because I can't even get a girl to write back on these online dating services. Also, if a woman doesn't respond back after you write to her once, is it okay to write to her again? Not continuously of course, but one more effort is okay? I see women that I match up with 100% in what their looking for (height, education, interests, etc) but I don't hear back from them.

I assume I have to work on my photos, as that seems to be the initial hurdle to overcome. I'm quite confident that once I can get on the phone with her, I can get to the next step (I have a good speaking voice, but I cannot usually get to this point! its beyond frustrating!) Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited by Ron.; 03-27-2012 at 10:44 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
True and it can apply to unattractive women too. Same rules apply to Sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
For any guy, no matter how he looks, it's a numbers game.

You have to approach a lot of women. Most of the time you're going to get turned down, no matter how you look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't let your "looks" stop you.

It cannot be a casual thing. You just have to do it and know the numbers work in your favor.

Most guys can't get the girlfriends/sex buddies/etc they want because they don't make enough approaches. Most guys are whinny little cry babies when it comes to women. That's why you see all of these threads like this one popping up.

You guys make it so hard. What you should be doing with your time is which of the women you're going to call not trying to figure out how to get them.

I read all of the threads about not being able to get replies on Dating websites. I probably get more replies than most guys. Why? I make a TON of contacts. The numbers work in my favor. It makes no difference if it's online or in person.....

Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
You said: I am single, I think I am an intelligent guy that is decently good looking. I'm not very tall and I'm stocky/muscular,

Here's what you're really saying: Blah,blah, blah, yada,yada, yada {I don't mean it in a disrespectful way ;0) }

You can be 'Brad Pitt' in the looks department, if she's not open to your approach, there is nothing you can do. Nothing.Her mind set has to be in the frame of mind of being open to you. PERIOD! You can not make her respond nor "like you".

So what do you do? For any guy, no matter how he looks, how smart he is,etc... it's a numbers game.

You have to approach A LOT of women. Most of the time you're going to get turned down, no matter how you look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so don't let your "looks" stop you.

You guys make it so hard. What you should be doing with your time is figuring out which of the women you're going to call not trying to figure out how to get them.

I've read all of the threads about not being able to get replies on Dating websites. I probably get more replies than most guys. Why? I make a TON of contacts. The numbers work in my favor. It makes no difference if it's online or in person.....

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's about: career, degree, money, looks, etc........IT'S NOT!

It's about the number of contacts/approaches.

Even pimps get turned down more than not.............having women is their business.

You'll get turned down more than not as I stated but you'll also get a fair amount that will respond in kind. :0)

Get good at approaching a lot of women and talking to them. After a while, you'll get better reactions with less effort.

It's not rocket science.

End of thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Not end of thread. I second what Ron. says.

Speaking as a woman who likes your type, though I'm not single anymore; this is a woman's perspective. If you go to an event, whether it's a sporting event or an artsy one, if you're mingling around and you see a woman who appears single, smile and speak to her. If it's a small group of women together, speak to them. Just say hi, how are you? It's so simple.

Single women go places all the time and look around the room secretly looking for single men. They're as afraid as you are of approaching someone and being embarrassed. Many of them are more interested in meeting an honest, kind man than anything else. Really. Looks in real life are secondary to meeting someone who seems genuinely interested.

Even women who are not "interested" will not mind it if you say hello. In fact, most people your age enjoy meeting other people, for the sake of meeting other people.

I'm guessing you've read magazines and articles on business etiquette. To be successful in making a favorable impression on a woman, you need to show the same courteous behavior you'd show a potential client or your boss's wife at an informal company event. You don't have to woo them in one giant step but you do need to greet them, introduce yourself, and say something -- anything -- you think might be appropriate. And yes, it could be about the weather, LOL.

Then smile and make eye contact.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Most of them are freaks, I agree. I don't want the women, I just want to understand what keeps these women coming back to these a-holes, when there are decent guys out there that would never treat women like that.
Those women are also idiots, just like the men they are with. Stop worrying about them...you don't want one of them.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Easy fix - lose 15lbs, hit the gym and tone up - in fact, muscle ought to work well on a man of shorter stature - use compound exercises to buff up quickly. I have family members who are of the short but stocky group - weighlifting did wonders for self-esteem and attracting the opposite gender.
I completely agree! Getting your bod into shape will change your social life, I promise.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,177 times
Quote:
I agree. I am kinda on the shy side, and I'm mid-thirties, my guy friends are mostly married and can never go out and be my wing. I would say that I'm solidly average, 6 on a 10 scale all around.
I'm in the exact same boat, most men our age are well off the market and it's just single dudes going out on their own to try to meet women, very tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships