Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times

Advertisements

I don't see what his being American has to do with anything!

I think the world of online dating changes things a bit. If I met someone out in public or through a friend and we had 5 dates I may be more likely to assume they weren't dating anyone else (which may or may not be a correct assumption). With online dating it's different. It's so much easier to meet a wide variety of people. I'd just see how things went. If things go well and you feel really connected and comfortable, then you can ask. Do what you feels right. No one understands the dynamic of a realtionship except for the two people actually in the relationship.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM

133 posts, read 296,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'd be more comfortable "asking", because I like to know where I stand on things.

Not just in relationships, but all areas of my life.
Exactly. Thank you. What makes my situation particularly tricky is the online dating aspect. I don't want to have sex with someone that's still snooping for other guys and potentially in bed with other guys.

I'm going to bring this up to her both as a responsibility to my health and monogamous lifestyle, and because I especially like her. If she at all feels the same, this should not be a problem at all.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
THIS^^^. Absolutely agree. If I "went there" without having "the talk" first, I wouldn't be even considering anything exclusive, at least not with him!

I wish more people thought this way, but sex seems to be so important so early on.

Must be an age thing. I have been in a stable relationship for almost 3 months now, and sex was never an automatic expectation.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Sec Flat View Post
Stupid Americans. Everything is so codified and sterile with them.
what??? Nice way to start out on here.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
I've been on four dates with a woman, the most recent being at my place where I cooked her dinner and we made out. She stayed far longer than planned, nestled in my arms, and it was wonderful. She's now having me come to her place tomorrow (my suggestion, actually) and I could see sex being somewhat likely. I met her online and I honestly don't care to be using the dating site now that I met her, but she still appears to be on it sometimes (she once acknowledged this as simply being out of boredom, as she lives alone).

If things go well and we do have sex, I want to feel secure that we'll be in an exclusive relationship. Based on her chemistry answers and personality, I can't see her sleeping around with multiple guys, but I also can't help but be a little concerned about the issue, mainly out of my own insecurity. We click really well and I think she's pretty special. Is it too much to ask her about exclusivity at this stage, if things go really well tomorrow?

4 or 5 dates? geez moving so fast.....

Old 03-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
John, the guy I'm dating asked to be exclusive on our 2nd date two weeks ago and we haven't even had sex yet. If your is girl as interested as you think she is, she will be quite happy you asked. No one likes sharing the person they are interested in.

Good for him, and good for you both for waiting on the deed and not acting like rutting animals in heat.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Johnny Ace...I dodn't see anything wrong with telling your new gal that you're looking for an exclusive relationship...chances are so is she, and she'd be flattered....I don't think it's too soon at all...you know what you want...lets hope she feels the same.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times
Do what feels right. You know what to do better in your situation than any of us since we're not in it.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM

133 posts, read 296,936 times
Thank you, purehuman and mir86. I'm just somewhat young and inexperienced not only in dating but specifically online dating, so it's hard to know how to act in some situations. Everything with this girl has had such a natural flow and been going really great. Talking to her without sounding too overbearing seems like the right choice.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ace View Post
Thank you, purehuman and mir86. I'm just somewhat young and inexperienced not only in dating but specifically online dating, so it's hard to know how to act in some situations. Everything with this girl has had such a natural flow and been going really great. Talking to her without sounding too overbearing seems like the right choice.
How old are you? You'll quickly learn that what other people tell you is just mere speculation. Only you know what is right. Just follow your gut. Theres a reason we feel weird when we go against our gut/instict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships