Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM

19,607 posts, read 20,070,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
"even talk to you"

That sounds to me like he thinks you are soooo unnattractive that not only do guys not go out with you, they don't even talk to you.

I don't know, that sounds pretty cold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I had met this guy and he started asking me questions like

"do a lot of guys even talk to you?" "what type of men usually approach you?"

Why was he asking me this? Was he trying to figure out if most guys found me unattractive? It was like he was assessng my worth and he wasn't sure what that was
I just have 3 questions.

Where did you meet him? What is the nature of your acquaintance? And what was the topic of conversation right before he asked these questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,462,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

I just have 3 questions.

Where did you meet him? What is the nature of your acquaintance? And what was the topic of conversation right before he asked these questions?
Good sleuthing. We are only hearing one side of the story. Maybe he just got done listening to her ramble on about her cats, and then watched her slurp down a booger.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,965,605 times
Quote:
He asked me if I had a lot of guys approaching me or talking to me. Was he trying to figure out other guys thought I was ugly or hot?? I just thought that was strange
Insecure... jealous... controlling... stupid... awkward... Whichever it is (or a combo), you don't want it!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,463,654 times
Quote:
I don't know what to do or think. I can always improve myself with plastic surgery
Tone and inflection are absent. He sounds like a jack-wagon and you're ready for the plastic surgeons office. Sheesh........

You didn't answer his questions did you?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,107,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I don't know, that sounds pretty cold....

I just have 3 questions.

I met him at the post office. He invited me over to his place and that is when he asked me the series of questions. Later on he did try to make things sexual but I refused. I didn't find him that attractive

Old 03-29-2012, 04:22 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,376,155 times
Quote:
I met him at the post office. He invited me over to his place and that is when he asked me the series of questions. Later on he did try to make things sexual but I refused. I didn't find him that attractive
You just went with him from the post office to his house?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You just went with him from the post office to his house?
Not that day. but after a few conversations I agreed to meet him at his place.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:56 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,183,640 times
Quote:
WHAT?!?!? You didn't even go on a date for coffee or something simple??? What were you thinking? If you didn't find him attractive then why did you continue conversations and go to his apartment?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
WHAT?!?!? You didn't even go on a date for coffee or something simple??? What were you thinking? If you didn't find him attractive then why did you continue conversations and go to his apartment?
he seemed like a cool guy and I was lonely and wanted somebody to hang with. i thought maybe his looks would grow on me. i dont have fair skin or light eyes so i am in no position to be choosy

Old 03-29-2012, 05:04 PM

19,607 posts, read 20,070,900 times
Quote:

Well, if I were in your shoes, and hadn't been attracted to him, I probably wouldn't have gone to his place. That's basically an invite for sex....

If you're not attracted to someone, it will kind of show in the your mannerisms and whatnot....He probably wasn't getting a good read on you and ended up asking you some stupid questions...

Point is, don't let him get you down about yourself! If he's not attractive, it doesn't matter what he thinks anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships