Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 PM

9 posts, read 84,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Sounds like this person would not be that giving to have a child...if the writer suggested it to her - he would find that she would refuse him that also...it would be a test...if she loved him or not...he has to find out what is really motivating her...She may have figured out in a pragmatic manner that there is enough money for both of them...so why work for more- maybe the man believes that money is more important than her...that angle is to be considered.
She wants to have kids and get married asap. She wants to be a mom. Just to give you some context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominickp View Post
She said she was raised in a culture where the men take care of everything for the woman in their lives. I've met her family and that it how her father has raised his daughter and has completely enabled the mentality she has.

Tell her in that culture the women also don't get higher education, arent supposed to leave the house without a man with them, cant drive, have to cover themselves from head to toe all the time...no fancy clothing, must scrub the house with a toothbrush each day, cook 5 course meals every day, and carefully and loving bathe the man's penis each morning in an apple/cinnamon shower gel, and pat it dry.

See what reaction you get. And share that reaction with us, please.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Dump her and find yourself a woman who has a decent-paying job, or one who is an entrepreneur herself. That way, there's no issue.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
What she says and what actually happens later are two completely different things... my wife used to say the same thing and then she realizes that it was stupid... in the end, when you are married there isn't a yours and mine moneypot anymore... its pointless... it may sound nice but in practice, it isn't really feasible... so if you love her, you got to put up with stupid ideas and talk from time to time (I bet you already have done that already)... just to be fair, my wife also has to put up with my stupid ideas and talk from time to time... bottom line, if you love her, who cares and keep working on the relationship (it may not the first time she came up with a dumb idea and I can promise you it won't be the last)...

Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Do you even LIKE this woman? Your description of this scenario, and of her, is just so bloodless and detached. Is she even real?

And really...you make 63 times more that her? You did that math? What a strange post.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
She wants to have kids and get married asap. She wants to be a mom. Just to give you some context.
A young woman wants to quickly get married to a rich man and have children as soon as possible? Uh oh.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you even LIKE this woman? Your description of this scenario, and of her, is just so bloodless and detached. Is she even real?

And really...you make 63 times more that her? You did that math? What a strange post.
LMAO!!

Yes, he did.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM

9 posts, read 84,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

I do love her a lot. She's amazing except for this major issue.

Since we argue about it so much the math has come up more than once between us.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 PM

23 posts, read 51,840 times
oh my. i have to say that you need a new girl friend. i'm in Grad School and work part time and pick up extra hours when i can. my hubby works full time. my school is paid for through GI bill. while we could sustain on his income alone, i personally wouldn't put that financial burden on him. no matter how much one person make, to live comfortably as a couple it takes two. things happen i.e. emergencies, babies, etc etc. what if she decides to leave after she gets her degree? good luck

Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
I do love her a lot. She's amazing except for this major issue.

Since we argue about it so much the math has come up more than once between us.
If you guys are talking marriage, are you taking the pre-nup route or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships