Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,712,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Doll, it is not always the case. Maybe it's a West Coast thing but I see plenty of good looking men with very dark women.
Yes maybe it is a west coast thing I don't know. I'm not saying it's always the case but 9 times out of 10 I hear this constantly from guys. I don't think a lot of them realize (or maybe don't care) that not all black women look like Rihanna or Beyonce.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,386,856 times
I think this is an insane thread. Is it bigoted to not want to date ugly or fat people then? Physical attraction is a valid part of the dating relationship. I, personally, find red-heads unattractive. Should I force myself to date a red-head for fear of discriminating against people with that coloring? I know some people wouldn't consider dating someone of a particular race because of preconceived ideas about "personality traits" of a particular race may exhibit - that is racism - but simply not being attracted to a particular race is not.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,781,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yes maybe it is a west coast thing I don't know. I'm not saying it's always the case but 9 times out of 10 I hear this constantly from guys. I don't think a lot of them realize (or maybe don't care) that not all black women look like Rihanna or Beyonce.
I think it is too. The West Coast is weird. Half of the time, it seems like west coast bred black men are avoiding black women. Around 65% of the time, if I get hit on by a black man in my age group, he is from the east coast. It is probably true of the older ones too, but I don't usually talk to them very long.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,112,199 times
Quote:
This is the truth & I learned you just have to try and not give a sh*t about what they say in general. B/C it's always going to be 'I like black girls as long as they are mixed, etc.' If you're not mixed or fall within the acceptable lines of skin tone there's nothing that can be done about that. It's simply how people think.
It's irritating because it's not true. There are plenty of good looking non-mixed black women however people only want to focus on the 'mixed looking ones'. Its like a deliberate attempt to subjugate black women to eternal inferiorty

Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nyanna, Doll Eyes:

For every man who things light/mixed/"exotic" women are better, there is a man who likes dark sistahs. Believe that.
Are you one of them? Why are men like you so deafly silent amidst all the "lightskin/mixed women" are prettier crowd????

Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Doll eyes funny you mention Rihanna because many dark and brown women have her features yet don't have the light eyes and skin to coast off of. It's like its okay to have african features as long as its mitigated by traits that fall within the matrix of european beauty

Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,863,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Doll eyes funny you mention Rihanna because many dark and brown women have her features yet don't have the light eyes and skin to coast off of. It's like its okay to have african features as long as its beauty
"mitigated by traits that fall within the matrix of european"
Or you can look at it as as traits of many parts of the world. If you look at what many people call the attractive ideal is these days it is probably: Thin face, Full lips, Asian eyes, full breast and hips, thin waist, Skin can be light or tanned. You end with a culmination of multiple groups; Kim K, and Angelina Jole are good examples.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Or you can look at it as as traits of many parts of the world. If you look at what many people call the attractive ideal is these days it is probably: Thin face, Full lips, Asian eyes, full breast and hips, thin waist. You end with a culmination of multiple groups; Kim K, and Angelina Jole are good examples.
how many of them are celebretated on non mixed black women though? i can't think of any that are publicly. they are always embraced on white or mixed women like you cite above in your post

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,781,772 times
Quote:
Or you can look at it as as traits of many parts of the world. If you look at what many people call the attractive ideal is these days it is probably: Thin face, Full lips, Asian eyes, full breast and hips, thin waist, Skin can be light or tanned. You end with a culmination of multiple groups; Kim K, and Angelina Jole are good examples.
Most traits can be found in all groups. And there are some common elements of beauty (usually people that have rounder more youthful looking faces are also considered more attractive as well).

But the thing is, for Rihanna in particular, she has loads of stereotypical "black" features. On another person, their beauty might not be recognized because they are considered to "black-looking." But Rihanna get's a pass since she is lighter and has light eyes.

For example, Rihanna and Estelle have stereotypical "wide noses," "full lips," and have great figures and distinctive personal style. Where is the beauty hype for Estelle?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,675,416 times
Quote:
this isn't an attack but what does that mean, i hear this alot ? i'm a rihanna beyonce type and i think they/we still look like real black women
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.