Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Not necessarily true. If you think about it it's really the other way around

for example...

Denzel Washington (dark skinned or Brown skinned)
Don Cheadle
Morris Chestnut
Taye Diggs
Wesley Snipes

The list goes on and on. You do have a point about the women though. Usually if a black woman is the love interest of a White male actor she is ussually light skinned (and half the time its Hale Berry or a look-alike).

mas23
"White male actor she is ussually light skinned (and half the time its Hale Berry or a look-alike)."
Yeah, the supposed open minded Hollywood is anything but. Oh yes, Halle Berry, the Epitome of Black Beauty If you didn't already know she was Black she could easily pass for southern Europeon or Hispanic. If I had Hollywood hanging "Halle Berry" as a representation of the ideal beauty I wouldn't be so happy.

Sorry, I vent. When you bring up Halle Berry, it just does that to me

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-02-2012 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Honest question: Are you aware of how you come across in the tone of your posts?
Why does it matter?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Why does it matter?
Well because logic would dictate that one who is adamantly complaining about the manner in which they (or people with attributes similar to theirs) are being negatively portrayed would want to exhibit the antithesis of that negative portrayal...and not confirm it by their own actions. 'Tis all.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Well because logic would dictate that one who is adamantly complaining about the manner in which they (or people with attributes similar to theirs) are being negatively portrayed would want to exhibit the antithesis of that negative portrayal...and not confirm it by their own actions. 'Tis all.
So by expressing my own opinion means I am exhibiting negative stereotypes? It sounds like you want to manipulate me by accusing me of being a stereotype.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Okay, this is new, there is a vibe to 'blackness' now. It's something I must be doing
No, there is a vibe to bit*hiness, co*kiness, a**holishness, general bad attitude, etc... Has nothing to do with race, and all about attitude.

You've never met someone and knew they were a bit*h or a jerk? I do daily, and 99.5% I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Are all paper bags the same color? (I'm genuinely asking.)
No, generally they fall under either white (usually for deli or bakery or food products at stores) and this brownish, tannish, toffee color. There are also bags in every other color out there for gifts and usually go with a holiday. Like orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas, blue and silver (or gold) for Chanukkah, and pastels for Easter/Spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Still blind, no longer deaf. My deafness was reversible. You can imagine how awkward people are around deaf blind people cause they have no idea how to communicate with a deaf blind person.
Did you have Coclear (not sure I spelled that right) implants? I watched a very cool documentary about them and they are so neat.

Quote:
Can you please cite 5 social intereactions you've had with black women that made you come to this conclusion? Did you talk to a black woman who said this to you? Or are you going based off of hearsay that you've heard other people say?
I used to work as a bartender at a strip club where half the dancers were younger black women, and I heard it nightly that they "didn't need no broke ass mo fo" and things of the like. But to be fair,it wasn't only the black dancers, it was ALL of them, it was towards the end of the night (especially when the nights were slow and not a ton of money to be had) and they were usually VERY drunk. I blame the alcohol honestly!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I used to work as a bartender at a strip club where half the dancers were younger black women, and I heard it nightly that they "didn't need no broke ass mo fo" and things of the like. But to be fair,it wasn't only the black dancers, it was ALL of them, it was towards the end of the night (especially when the nights were slow and not a ton of money to be had) and they were usually VERY drunk. I blame the alcohol honestly!
Consider the environment. You weren't at a sorority house at Spelman, Howard, Harvard, Sarah Lawrence or Wellesley; you were at a strip club.

This was a matter of social class and not reflective of race.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Consider the environment. You weren't at a sorority house at Spelman, Howard, Harvard, Sarah Lawrence or Wellesley; you were at a strip club.

Well, that is partially true.

Any woman of any class can dance. If that wasn't true, then there wouldn't be clubs that run the gauntlet from Spearmint Rhino/Scores/Sapphire to hole in the wall run down "Double Douche" style places.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:

I can't imagine that many women who are working in a strip club have high opinions of men on a daily basis.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Well, that is partially true.

Any woman of any class can dance. If that wasn't true, then there wouldn't be clubs that run the gauntlet from Spearmint Rhino/Scores/Sapphire to hole in the wall run down "Double Douche" style places.
Sorry but no. Women who have a certain level of breeding and class level will not be found swing around a pole at a strip joint. It is not something that well-bred women do.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
I read that 96% of White girls want a Black boyfriend so that must mean White girls aren't racist,? Also I guess only 12% of White guys would date anyone but a White girl and of those 12% only 2% would date a race other than Asian and of those 2% like none would date a Black girl so does this mean White men are racist?

I would only date a White girl because that's all I'm attracted to really and I also want my kids to be White so they don't face racists in our White supremacist society and also so they look like me and my family.

I feel so racist right now, like I'm a bad person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships