Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
BINGO, subsaharan admixture. She has mixed features. She doesn't have darkskin in conjunction with Afrocentric features. If she had 100% subsaharan features wuold you still think she was as beautiful? Probably not. Even when you see darkskin women regarded as beautiful in the me dia they almost always have a small nose, soft hair, or something that indicates they aren't 100% Black.
Are you for real?

She is Algerian and looks A LOT like Jill Marie Jones

One of my best friends is from Ghana and she is absolutely gorgeous. I have another friend from Nigeria who is stunning. They don't have issues with having dark skin; they have great personalities, smart, educated, professional, fun, loving, well-traveled...just great women.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
I know you are being sarcastic. But seriously, do you see all of the nasty, mean things people say about black women and how we look all the time online? On yahoo news, everytime a black woman is featured there are tons of comments saying she looks like a monkey. This affects how other races view of us
Black women are just as beautiful as any other skin color. As a woman I notice how they keep their hair all nice and try to look really nice for the men. They are just as beautiful as women of all other races, IMO. I suspect that those people who put down black women, try to keep black women down because of how strong black women are. By calling them ugly, they create insecurity within them and so can manipulate them. Don't fall for that. If someone insists that you are ugly, just laugh at them. These people have issues within themselves and are more than anything trying to find someone, anyone, with low self esteem who has believed all the lies, so they have someone to put down.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
I know you are being sarcastic. But seriously, do you see all of the nasty, mean things people say about black women and how we look all the time online? On yahoo news, everytime a black woman is featured there are tons of comments saying she looks like a monkey. This affects how other races view of us
(sigh)

There will always be some people who will say somethink derogatory to a person of African ancestry (no matter how light or dark).

Do comments by nameless, faceless strangers really rule your life? If so, step away from the computer.

Do you think about what people have said online once you turn off the laptop? If so, you really need to not log-on.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The problem with these constant complainers is not their dark complexions but their dark moods and dark outlooks on life.
Ain't that the truth. No wonder they have trouble meeting people.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 PM

349 posts, read 459,819 times
As I read this thread I can't for the life of me understand why some folks give a whoot whether certain races will or will not date them. As a black woman it doesn't matter to me if some black men etc don't want to date black women. As far as I am concerned it is their loss and I am not gonna lose any sleep over it.Why dwell over what you can't change?

Who cares if a particular race is in high demand while others aren't? Regardless what the color your of complexion is, you have to work with what you got. People need to learn to become comfortable in their own skin. That way, if anyone says something negative it will be like water off a ducks back. Why go on and on about what society considers as beautiful?

I have never dated outside my race but it is something that I am open to. If my Mr Right is white, then so be it. I am not gonna count myself out right off the bat, because there are men of different races out there that do want to date black women. Everyone is different, if you want to date interracially some will have more success at it more than others. If you prefer your own race, fine. A defeatist and self deprecating attitude certainly will not help things, if anything it is off putting.

As black women some of us really need to stop putting ourselves down and have a higher opinion of ourselves.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:33 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffeGal View Post
As I read this thread I can't for the life of me understand why some folks give a whoot whether certain races will or will not date them. As a black woman it doesn't matter to me if some black men etc don't want to date black women. As far as I am concerned it is their loss and I am not gonna lose any sleep over it.Why dwell over what you can't change?

Who cares if a particular race is in high demand while others aren't? Regardless what the color your of complexion is, you have to work with what you got. People need to learn to become comfortable in their own skin. That way, if anyone says something negative it will be like water off a ducks back. Why go on and on about what society considers as beautiful?

I have never dated outside my race but it is something that I am open to. If my Mr Right is white, then so be it. I am not gonna count myself out right off the bat, because there are men of different races out there that do want to date black women. Everyone is different, if you want to date interracially some will have more success at it more than others. If you prefer your own race, fine. A defeatist and self deprecating attitude certainly will not help things, if anything it is off putting.

As black women some of us really need to stop putting ourselves down and have a higher opinion of ourselves.
One of the better posts on this whole silly ass thread.......

Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
And why then do Black women not date other races like Indian's/Asians/Latino's etc?
Because it is usually the men who 'chase' the women. The first thing to ask would be are there many Indians/Asians/Latinos who are or have ever chased a black woman to date or marry? If there aren't many who do, then that is the main reason for your question. Most women (at least where I am from) are taught not to chase after a man and to do so is kind of shameful.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
You'd probably be surprised at the obviousness of the title if it weren't presented in the relationship forum. Yet, why shouldn't discriminating someone based on their race be classified as racism for dating?

The usual response is that having a relationship with someone requires innate attraction—attraction that may not form with members of a particular race. Therefore, people either consider that not racism or find it “justified”. But, I believe that's a ridiculous argument because the very act of not being able to find someone attractive just because of their race is defined as racism.

Another common response is that "people have their own preferences"... Well duh! That's exactly what racism is about. The fact that Whites didn't want to go to the same restaurants as Blacks due to their "preferences" didn't make their actions any less racist. Of course, now we all accept that as immoral and racist.

If you're going into a job interview and at the end, the interviewer says “Sorry, I can't just hire you because I don't work well with Whites (or add your own race)”, would you not sue him for racism? In this case, not being able to function with Whites is no defense for racism.

However, I'm not suggesting that we should date unattractive (even if that's just due to their race) people because it's perfectly legal to be racist during dating, and also attraction is quite essential for a relationship. My point is that we should all be honest and just admit that we're racist rather than trying to rationalize our behaviour in order to ignore the blatant racism.

I'll admit I'm a bit racist (I won't date one or two races) when it comes to dating. But, the first step to solving a problem is to admit its existence.
Their are no laws about who you are attracted to. The hiring legalities are a whole different situation, and do not compare to the desires of the heart. A NON-argument imo

Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Because it is usually the men who 'chase' the women. The first thing to ask would be are there many Indians/Asians/Latinos who are or have ever chased a black woman to date or marry? If there aren't many who do, then that is the main reason for your question. Most women (at least where I am from) are taught not to chase after a man and to do so is kind of shameful.
My point had nothing to do with who chases who, my point was in regards to the 'ancestor rape' thing, that black women not being interested in white men due to atrocities that occurred during slavery made little sense to me. This is because they don't typically date outside of their race (it happens more nowadays) regardless whether its white/Asian etc (based on my own experience) simply because they tend to prefer black men. Black men on the other hand or more comfortable dating outside of their race, hence anger from some black women towards black men who date outside of their race.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Black men on the other hand or more comfortable dating outside of their race, hence anger from some black women towards black men who date outside of their race.
Personally I don't have issues with Black men dating outside. As long as black women aren't excluded (especially excluded because of BS like we are all loud, ghetto, drama queens.)

You can date out, for the right reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships