Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM

474 posts, read 495,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm guessing that this is primarily based on their caste though right?
It depends on the family, some families are more traditional than others. Most of the Indian Americans I know who grew up in the West are encouraged to date other men/women of Indian ethnicity and not necessarily of a particular caste, their folks are happy as long as they are of Indian descent.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
In California and Hawaii, I heard a lot of that among my female friends of Asian roots. Usually Chinese and Japanese Americans, but also other ethnic groups as well. Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians did tend to hook up with each other more often, but I know lots of Chinese and Japanese American women who refused to even look at Asian guys.
Yes usually Asians hate their roots and ethnic men. Most Asian women that I have met have told me that they feel they have gone a step up in life by having their trophy White boyfriend or husband and so they are encouraged to go after White men. Settling down with an Asian man no matter how successful or educated he is, is considered going a few rungs down the social ladder. That's one of the reasons behind why Asian women hate dating or being associated with other Asian men.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Yes usually Asians hate their roots and ethnic men. Most Asian women that I have met have told me that they feel they have gone a step up in life by having their trophy White boyfriend or husband and so they are encouraged to go after White men. Settling down with an Asian man no matter how successful or educated he is, is considered going a few rungs down the social ladder. That's one of the reasons behind why Asian women hate dating or being associated with other Asian men.
I've seen some intelligent, hot Asian women with some scummy, grungy loser White guys. White skin trumps all the negatives to them.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 PM

331 posts, read 734,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
It depends on the family, some families are more traditional than others. Most of the Indian Americans I know who grew up in the West are encouraged to date other men/women of Indian ethnicity and not necessarily of a particular caste, their folks are happy as long as they are of Indian descent.
You forgot to mention "and not Muslim"...

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I've seen some intelligent, hot Asian women with some scummy, grungy loser White guys. White skin trumps all the negatives to them.
Yep, it's like the master-slave relationship. At the end of the day for women with that mindset, being with an Asian guy is akin to being with a slave no matter how smart, intelligent he is while being with a White guy is being associated with her master although he could be ugly, dumb etc etc.

Trust me, what I said isn't all that untrue either.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
You forgot to mention "and not Muslim"...
Well religious compatibility is very important for almost all families of all the ethnicities, whether it be Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc etc.

You should go ask a White Southern christian woman if she would be happy to take you home to her momma and papa, trust me they won't be too excited about meeting someone like you . So it's not just the case with a particular ethnic group.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
That's complete politically correct BS. If I'm not interested in someone because of their race or culture, it's because I'm not compatible with them. And you have to be compatible with someone to have a successful partnership.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
In California and Hawaii, I heard a lot of that among my female friends of Asian roots. Usually Chinese and Japanese Americans, but also other ethnic groups as well. Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians did tend to hook up with each other more often, but I know lots of Chinese and Japanese American women who refused to even look at Asian guys.
So true. I rarely see a chinese woman with an asian guy. In fact just about every chinese woman I know pretty much only dates white guys. I have one friend, she is crazy. She is dating a latino. But I know she gets flack for looking "different." (She is 100% chinese with brown hair and green eyes.)

Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Agreed. I am almost amazed when I see a cute asian woman with an attractive white guy. Seems so rare. (One of my white male friends is pretty much one of the few. We used to pick on him about his "exotic" fetish. Until we met his dad, and it all made sense.)

Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM

331 posts, read 734,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Agreed. I am almost amazed when I see a cute asian woman with an attractive white guy. Seems so rare. (One of my white male friends is pretty much one of the few. We used to pick on him about his "exotic" fetish. Until we met his dad, and it all made sense.)
There's plenty of good looking white guys with Asian women in Los Angeles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships