Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM

744 posts, read 811,976 times

Advertisements

Osito you should read my 6 facts about the Zimmerman/Martin case + my analysis. It will open your eyes to the truth

Old 04-06-2012, 12:50 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Osito you should read my 6 facts about the Zimmerman/Martin case + my analysis. It will open your eyes to the truth
Present credible sources and I'll be happy to.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Huge gap? I have quite a bit in common with my few black coworkers. We all like Paramore, Pho, The Cable Guy, The Smurfs, Friday, Roots, Titanic, Nappy Roots, salsa, the list goes on and on. The difference in skin color might be the only thing different between us for all I know.

While I agree that there are black people, just like white people, who will not live up to their potential and not try, this is not a black-exclusive problem. Trust me, I know plenty of white people just like that, who work crap jobs, pop out kids and live on welfare. I highly doubt that what they do is going to make everybody say "all white people do that". It's completely unfair that black people (or any other race) get a bad reputation for things that people of any race undoubtedly do. Oh but when a black person does it, world watch out. They're all like that.

Also, cities that are suffering severely economically and have for decades, that happen to be full of black people, can hardly blame their residents for long-time problems that have little to do with the general population. How is it the everyday black person's fault that Detroit public schools are in the crapper? How is it their fault that Gary's steel industry went through the floor? How is it their fault that the average corporation, whether they admit it or not, want to hire people just like them? That's what interviews are all about. Most people want to hire, work with, and live amongst people just like them, racially, religiously, or in any other way. It's human nature. I'm not saying that the black kid from Detroit can't end up in the White House. I'm just saying it will likely be a lot harder. That's why there are things like Affirmative Action to curtail discrimination and (supposedly) give everybody a fair chance.

I don't personally know where you're going with "why people march" about a black kid and not every other kid. Let me tell you something; people of other races hardly have to march when one of their own goes missing or dead. Society is on it right away. Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck, Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klaas, were looked for for years when that happened. Come to think of it, JonBenet Ramsey's murder is STILL raising a stink. When Aarone Thompson was killed by her father, they investigated it for ONE YEAR. While he was found guilty, it still maddens me that 1) JonBenet's murder can't be solved if everybody seems to think that her parents did it and 2) Aarone Johnson is gone forever; I've heard next to four words about it and maybe two articles about it even though presumably, Aarone and JonBenet are two "equal" little girls. People still talk nonstop about JonBenet Ramsey. Does that sound equal to you?

In any case, Treyvon Martin's death is a travesty and should be treated as such. Until I see some serious evidence that this poor kid deserved to be murdered in cold blood (and make no mistake that's what he was), I want justice. I want a life for a life! By the way I'm not black.
Talk about one dead black kid for a month and it's 'overkill by the media' ...you forgot one huge tragedy they STILL talk about. Just heard about her a few weeks ago: Natalie Holloway.

Either way, all of these children deserve to be remembered and featured on the news.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Talk about one dead black kid for a month and it's 'overkill by the media' ...you forgot one huge tragedy they STILL talk about. Just heard about her a few weeks ago: Natalie Holloway.

Either way, all of these children deserve to be remembered and featured on the news.
Yup. This guy's other victim is hardly ever even mentioned. Oh that's right. She's not a white American. That would be why then...

Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 AM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Stop being racist guys

Old 04-06-2012, 04:50 AM

34 posts, read 130,207 times
I'm joining this thread late so may be off topic by now but IMO love and dating it outside the normal rules of morality and ethics. You can choose to date whoever you want for whatever reason you want (provided it's legal) and shouldn't be criticised for that. "Racism" is a highly inflammatory word and comes with way too much baggage to be attached to something as personal (and unimportant in the grand scheme of things) as attraction.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post

That's because her mother works to keep her name in the media. This has nothing to do with color. If you remember, we heard about John Walsh's son for a long time too but he was on TV trying to catch criminals. A big part of whether or not a murdered child's name stays in the media is what the family does or does not do to insure that it stays in the media.

My question to you is if you think a non white murdered child should stay in the media, what are you doing to make sure that happens? News is what people want to hear about. If you're not indicating you want to hear about it, they're not printing it. Natalie Hollaway's mother makes sure her daughter stays news. She keeps pressure on to find her killer. THAT is why her case is still ongoing and you still hear about her in the news.

How many white children are killed every year who don't stay in the media? It's not like every white child gets years of coverage. Only the ones whose cases are infamous (Caylee Anthony....Jon Bennet-Ramsey...et.al.) or who have families who lobby to keep their name on the public radar who stay on the public radar and even they fade away in time. You are inventing a racial problem where there is none.

To be honest, I think that the inner city just accepts that kids get killed. You don't see the candle light vigils you see in the burbs. A child killing is unusual in the burbs. It shocks us. When I lived in the city, people said, "That's a shame" and went about their regularly scheduled lives. Where I live, people build shrines to kids where they were killed. The family keeps the child in the public eye. I don't see the media as latching onto certain kids (except the sensational ones) so much as I see the families working to keep that child's name in the public eye.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 04-06-2012 at 06:35 AM..

Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 AM

460 posts, read 671,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I read that over 90% of White women want a Black guy and not a White guy and the only reason they don't is because our society is racist
I agree to the premise that the society can be racist, but more so in the overall construction.

The reason many white women don't get with black men is that we don't encounter black men all the time. The ones we do meet probably don't meet the expectations we have of any man we date. So if we have the expectation that the men we date be in a white collar profession with no other children and we only encounter white men who fit this expectation....then that's who we will marry. As a society, we still don't have a lot of black people in certain professions where white women are.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I would hardly call getting in shape and being more open/approachable as "whiten up". Most men are more attracted to women who are more physically fit and have a more slender physique. And being healthier benefits the women more in the long run beyond just finding a mate.
Cali.... A lot of us are reading this thread and not participating in the discussion (since I have nothing to add).

I want to Rep you almost every time you post. You've got a good feel for people and presenting it well to others who seem to not have the life experience or knowledge you possess.

You know men well and I can see why you attract quality men into your life. Keep up the good posts and spreading your knowledge. It's too easy to blame others for discriminating due to Race when it's the individual and their lack of skills and qualities that attract a mate of any color.

Others would be wise to listen and learn.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Present credible sources and I'll be happy to.
You want credible sourses but you SAY that Trayvon was killed in COLD BLOOD...where is your credible source, were you there?? didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships