U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 PM

199 posts, read 166,919 times

Advertisements

I find dating to be pretty tough, and meeting eligible women even tougher. The best thing to do is just be involved with what you love, and have good qualities. At some point you WILL find someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM

399 posts, read 286,226 times
I don't date.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM

8,943 posts, read 7,314,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbayforce View Post
I haven't dated in about a year due to school and career change. I'm so totally stir crazy.
Try doing that for 15 years.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 AM

11,747 posts, read 10,037,979 times
Dating can be extremely time consuming, frustrating, maddening at times, and can take a toll on your finances. And being just a tightwad, I meet with very few, if any, that would enjoy a first date at a Swap Meet!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 AM

3,053 posts, read 1,529,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post

For the record, I'm a 30 year old man and don't date. I just don't care to and have only dated one person and that was back when I was a senior in high school.

I tell people I don't date all the time, but I'm lying. I just hate prying questions and don't want to reveal anymore than I like to volunteer.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 AM

4,595 posts, read 4,382,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post
Like the title implies, do you know anyone who just doesn't date because they don't care to?

Just curious about some of the answers out there.

For the record, I'm a 30 year old man and don't date. I just don't care to and have only dated one person and that was back when I was a senior in high school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Try doing that for 15 years.
If you really don't care to date, say maybe REALLY focused on a career, like becoming the best jazz pianist ever or something, then I think you shouldn't.

But if you don't date because you've been rejected a lot or were bitter from your last relationship or are socially awkward, and have convinced yourself that you're better off without dating and have settled into a complacent mode, I think you should go at it.

Many years may pass and then you'll be sorry that you weren't more aggressive and building more experience back then.

I know I am...

Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 AM

6,135 posts, read 2,325,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin2012 View Post
I find dating to be pretty tough, and meeting eligible women even tougher. The best thing to do is just be involved with what you love, and have good qualities. At some point you WILL find someone.
Not necessarily...

Old 04-11-2012, 07:13 AM

5,185 posts, read 2,069,517 times
I know quite a few people that don't date. The men I know don't because they don't want a woman. Too much trouble. The one woman I know doesn't date because in over 4 years of being a men's barber, she's never been asked out.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM

42,843 posts, read 55,059,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
The one woman I know doesn't date because in over 4 years of being a men's barber, she's never been asked out.
She must be a great barber! Who wants to lose a good hairdresser?!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM

5,073 posts, read 2,800,567 times
Im 37 and havent dated in few years. I have been in 3 serious long term relationships in my 20s, and ultimately have been cheated on or lied to by all 3, at which point i immediately moved on. Everyone has a bad experience dating, here or there and those 3 bad relationships arent any part of the reason im not dating. Let me be frank here and try to keep this pg13, i simply dont believe that what a girl can do for me versus what i can do for myself is worth the hassle. I am also a non-conformist and find the ideas that everyone needs to be in a relationship or married with kids, or else they cant find happiness, very demeaning to all humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships