U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 AM

220 posts, read 162,006 times

Advertisements

I went out with a lady that I met on OKC on Friday night. We had a great conversation.

What got me was, she thinks she's a good catch because she: owns a home, has a job and keeps her hair and nails done.

I find a lot of women think "things" are what entitles them to being a "good catch"

Most guys don't care about that.

We pretty much focus on 2 things: Are you "attractive" to us and are you a "cool person".

Everything else is somewhat minor. As it relates to jobs/title, as long as you can take care of yourself without doing anything illegal, that's all that matters.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 AM

4,445 posts, read 4,251,693 times
According to her, I"m the worst catch ever then! geeze...

Old 04-02-2012, 01:35 AM

395 posts, read 340,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
I went out with a lady that I met on OKC on Friday night. We had a great conversation.

What got me was, she thinks she's a good catch because she: owns a home, has a job and keeps her hair and nails done.

I find a lot of women think "things" are what entitles them to being a "good catch"

We pretty much focus on 2 things: Are you "attractive" to us and are you a "cool person".

Everything else is somewhat minor. As it relates to jobs/title, as long as you can take care of yourself without doing anything illegal, that's all that matters.

Your thoughts?
Depends on the whole package they offer, not just a few things here and there. They could be and couldn't be a good catch, depends on who's looking. Also knowing their bad traits is the key. The good stuff is easy to deal with, the bad stuff could be trouble....

Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 AM

50,246 posts, read 47,554,186 times
she is accustomed to dating down.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 AM

1,070 posts, read 853,045 times
Quote:

Your thoughts?
(1) Is she at least cute? (2) Does she have a medium build? (3) Does she work full time 40 hours a week? (I don't really care where as long as it isn't the video store) (4) What kind of personality does she have? Is she wound tighter than a kite string and b*tchy or uptight? (5) Does she like men to be men or pretty boy impostors? (6) Is she a felon? If so, no thanks. (7) Does she smoke dope or do drugs? If so, no thanks. (8) Does she have a valid drivers license? If not, get one. (9) Is she anti-gun? If so, get lost ASAP! LMAO (10) Does she like sex? If no, get lost ASAP! LOL (11) Is she the type looking for commitment and long term thing as serious or maybe even marriage? I'm not looking to "have fun" thanks! Those are my basics!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 AM

559 posts, read 705,447 times
The owning a house thing is pretty silly in and of itself. If the housing bubble taught us anything, it's that many people who shouldn't have become homeowners, did, thanks to excessive/wreckless mortgage lending. It's silly that in 2012, people still think home ownership is some lofty status symbol.

I'm not necessarily saying it's a bad thing, but if a person is poor due to their mortgage payment then they're not a good catch in my book. So, I guess I'd need a little more info.

Financially speaking, my view of a good catch is a girl who's not in debt, doesn't really matter how much she makes, just don't be a financial burden.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,657,227 times
lol video store

Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 AM

1,070 posts, read 853,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
lol video store
You guys all know what I mean. They still have the high school job and don't want to do anything about it. Go to the plywood factory, they will hire you as a office clerk or something better for double what you are making. You graduated high school. Stop messin' around!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:17 AM

8,067 posts, read 9,220,838 times
Quote:

Your thoughts?
You can really only speak to your feelings on the matter and for those you know who feel the same way. You can't speak for most men.

I know men who think this way and I know men who would agree with her. But it's not about "things". It's about having her act together, being financially successful and responsible enough to be able to buy a home, having the credit to do so. On the hair and nails, it would be about taking care of herself, caring about her appearance. Nothing wrong with any of that.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:00 AM

14,517 posts, read 13,024,007 times
She sounds like a good catch to me as long as she's good looking.. you sound like you're intimidated and are coming up with this thread to somehow make yourself feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships