U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM

8,521 posts, read 12,773,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejake21 View Post
By being short and unfit... I have less confidence
Do you want to change that or are you happy with the way you are?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM

8,521 posts, read 12,773,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm wimpy. At least in class/in clubs I have something common to start off with (what did you think of the exam, how'd you hear about this club, etc). In public? Hell nah, I'd need a few shots of liquid courage to do so. It sucks man, there are a couple cute chicks who are always on the same bus as me in the morning (it's a student shuttle) and I wanna approach them but there's nothin to go off of. At least if they were wearing a band t-shirt or something I could use that lol.
There's nothing to go off of? Are you kidding me?

Pick something out of the sky. You've seen them enough time to be able to make something up.........

'"Excuse me, what kind of cell phone is that? I'm on the market for a new celly and I can't decide. When I see someone that has a nice one, I ask to see how they like theirs"

"Excuse me, what kind of bag is that? That's cool. I need a new bag and wanted something different. Where did you get yours?"

"Excuse me, Is that a Ipad or some other brand? I'd like to get one but with so many on the market, I don't know which one to choose from. Are you happy with yours?"

The above 3 are example openers. Afer that, you have to carry the conversation. Of course, you make up your own. I wanted to give you a few examples of how to open. You don't need to do anything but open. You don't have to be at a club. You can be anywhere.

Notice, there is nothing fancy, nothing "slick" about the above. Nothing corny. Just regualar old questions to open the door.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 PM

202 posts, read 562,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Do you want to change that or are you happy with the way you are?
Of course I want to change it... I have gotten substantially more fit than what I was 6 months ago. Hasn't seemed to increase my confidence at all.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:30 PM

24,757 posts, read 31,031,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wife won't let me.
I was going to say the same thing.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM

42,837 posts, read 73,701,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm wimpy. At least in class/in clubs I have something common to start off with (what did you think of the exam, how'd you hear about this club, etc). In public? Hell nah, I'd need a few shots of liquid courage to do so. It sucks man
Well, that's too bad! Today I was invited to be treated to a "friendly lunch" (when will Americans learn anything about romance..., but that's a different story... ) in a store. I bet if the dude asks 50 women, one is likely to go to the "friendly lunch" after all.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 PM

691 posts, read 1,124,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Oh. Absolutely untrue.

Good looking guys of all types get women hitting on them regularly, and universally good looking dudes (tall, muscular white men) can get laid anytime, anywhere.

Believe me. I've hung out with good looking guys everywhere. In school, at work, at bars, AT CHURCH! I've seen women pull some BOLD stuff...
LOL you don't even have to be tall or good looking. Just the other day, at Quick Chek I saw one of the local town drunks pick up a decent looking woman, and this is at a FREAKING CONVENIENCE STORE. He was actually telling her that he's been banned from all the bars in the area. As far as I know he's a real loser from what other people have told me. They were chatting in the dining area of the store and they were all over each other. Me and my friends had to stifle our laughs, when they left the place together I was half-tempted to follow them with my car, so I could ruin their moment by shouting "Go get em tiger!" from the window but I decided not to. LMAO

Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
LOL you don't even have to be tall or good looking. Just the other day, at Quick Chek I saw one of the local town drunks pick up a decent looking woman. He was actually telling her that he's been banned from all the bars in the area. As far as I know he's a real loser from what other people have told me. They were chatting in the dining area of the store and they were all over each other. Me and my friends had to stifle our laughs, when they left the place together I was half-tempted to follow them with my car, so I could ruin their moment by shouting "Go get em tiger!" from the window but I decided not to. LMAO
You have to be kidding me... A decent-looking woman? Really?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 PM

691 posts, read 1,124,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You have to be kidding me... A decent-looking woman? Really?
She wasn't model material but for her age (looked like late 40s) she wasn't bad. She wasn't overweight. I think the bum is in his 30s, he's not a bad looking guy, not like your stereotypical bum. My point is that, given this guy's attitude and demeanor, its obvious that he's a nose-picker with no future. And yet he still had no problem getting the lady's number and leaving with her.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
She wasn't model material but for her age (looked like late 40s) she wasn't bad. She wasn't overweight. I think the bum is in his 30s, he's not a bad looking guy, not like your stereotypical bum. My point is that, given this guy's attitude and demeanor, its obvious that he's a nose-picker with no future. And yet he still had no problem getting the lady's number and leaving with her.
Then I can see it... Some women would do that.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM

9,745 posts, read 12,697,533 times
I'm sure I could get a date, girlfriend, or fwb, but the problem is, I want someone I find attractive. Otherwise, what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships