U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 04-03-2012, 04:22 PM

1,198 posts, read 919,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you can bet all you want to, doesn't change the fact that you are not in the shoes of every single out out there.... I am actually tired of going over it with you so think whatever you want.
well one person agrees with me, i already know i can't speak for every guy, i know i'm not in most guys shoes, duh!

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM

8,493 posts, read 5,701,614 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I didn't say most men I know claim to want the girl next door, I said most of the ones I've known who did claim that actually pursued that type of woman. In other words, they seemed to mean what they say. Most of the men I've known pursued the easy, slutty type if they wanted sex, and when they were ready to settle down they would actually marry the girl next door type. So basically, the girls next door were almost always the ones who got the husbands.

Last edited by PJSinger; 04-04-2012 at 08:33 AM..

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM

633 posts, read 279,837 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I most definitely want the "girl next door" or "best friend" (girl) type. You don't realize that a lot of men are like this because generally this is not the type of guy who goes out hitting on/dating many women.

I prefer a woman not always be "dolled up," really. I think they're just as beautiful lounging around the house in sweatpants, or a t-shirt and jeans. I like it when they're comfortable with being comfortable, because it's how I am.

Last edited by PJSinger; 04-04-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Unread 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM

633 posts, read 279,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea, it's totally believable the girl who's all dolled up with heels on and a tight dress is going to get run over in an effort to make a beeline for sweatpants and ponytail girl. LMAO. You must've come across some seriously pea brained women who would actually beleive some mess like that.
You don't have to believe it, but I'm an honest person. So take it as you'd like.

It's my type of woman. If you put those two next to each other, I'm talking to the ponytail'd sweatpants girl. Although, I probably wouldn't be able to approach either of them.

I've never chased after a "trampy type". Actually the complete opposite. I've turned down the "trampy type" a few times. Yes, they came on to me and I turned them down. It was guaranteed sex.

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:16 PM

941 posts, read 736,489 times
Often it is men 10-20+ yrs older then me that want to date me. Has always been that way. When I was 20, and a 40 year old guy was interested, it seemed really pervy. In my later 20's, sometimes it seemed flattering, as they seemed to be more stable/successful/interesting then my peers. But still, kinda creepy. What, you can't handle a woman your own age?!

And I'm just not that interested in older men. Call me conservative but I prefer people who are kind of at a similar stage of life as me.

I think the age gap of what a lot of men prefer really makes it rough on women. We already live longer then you do.... you marry a guy 10-20 years older, then you are going to live many later years alone.... And so many men leaving their wives for younger women. Rough....

Once when I was in Paris a gentleman easily in his 60's made a flagrant pass at me. Are you KIDDING me?!?! I was hoping it was dementia...

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM

771 posts, read 595,327 times
Hey Doll Eyes, I understand the bitterness. This dating world can be extremely frustrating and self esteem crushing. One thing I wanted to tell you is that it is not limited to so called “ugly girls” (and I don’t believe you are one). I can’t tell you how many beautiful, professional, well put together girls I have met that are either single or being played around by commitment phobes. Some have even settled….. I just want to tell you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

One of the things I’d like to say to you is to stop referring to yourself as mentally ill. That just brings up images of bipolar or psycho chicks. Even if you take medication for a disorder, it doesn’t mean you need to label yourself in a negative tone. That’s where self esteem comes in, the ability to appreciate yourself even with your flaws. Don’t beat yourself up. No one is perfect.

I am black as well (from Africa actually) and I am neither loud, attention seeking or sexually flirtatious. I am slim but that does not mean I get the greatest set of guys. I have been hit on by bums, unambitious guys, players, liars, you name it. I have had my heart broken and people usually comment that I’m very pretty. You’d think I would have a charmed life, but it isn’t the case. But I press on because like I said, I know many other girls who are just like me that are having the same issue. Dating just sucks.

I also wanted to say to you to stop thinking of yourself as undesirable because you are not “thin enough”. Maybe the guys around your area don’t like thick girls, but I know African men love it. Caribbean dudes too. Not sure how big you are, but there are a segment of men who are into the rubenesque look.

[You have many good qualities. You are very articulate and seem to be sensitive. That’s major. Appreciate that

Last edited by Peacelilies; 04-03-2012 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Unread 04-03-2012, 09:49 PM

32,609 posts, read 5,312,146 times
Thread closed at OP's request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships